Sign in to follow this  
Shakey210

Week 7 Waiver Wire - Jacobs, Allen, Randle, Boykin, Douglas

I don't know about you guys but it seems as though this week offers the most waiver wire options than any other week thus far. These guys are all intriguing players who are bye week fill ins at the very least. Who do you guys want for the rest of the season? Is Allen going to be the Victor Cruz from 2 years ago? Harry Douglas finds himself in a good situation with the lack of receiving threats the Falcons have found themselves with. Jacobs has a few easy matchups and could easily produce a touchdown. Who's the guy to own?

My bet is on Allen.

I'm shooting for Randle (RB) then Boykin. I have 10th out 14 so not likely to get either but worth a try. May also put in a claim for Rudolph this week to cover Gates bye next week.

I find it hard to believe that Jacobs will suddenly become a good RB. He looked awesome against Chicago, but he's an old, slow back running behind a poor O-line, for a team that can't stop anyone on D. I have a tough time seeing him being useable, but with injuries and the shortage at RB I guess he's worth a pickup.

Allen is the star of that group and should be picked up immediately. I really like the Charger's offence, and it looks like Allen will be a centerpiece. V. Brown had potential, but it doesn't look like he'll be more than their 2nd WR.

Douglas has never produced when given an opportunity. Can't see it happening now.

Boykins - I doubt he will see enough targets to be relevant.

Randle may be good for this week, but loses allot of value when Murray gets back (or Dunbar).

Super deep sleeper lottery ticket pick up:

Reuben Randle

If Hakeem Nicks gets dealt before trade deadline, you will get something out of Reuben.

I don't know about you guys but it seems as though this week offers the most waiver wire options than any other week thus far. These guys are all intriguing players who are bye week fill ins at the very least. Who do you guys want for the rest of the season? Is Allen going to be the Victor Cruz from 2 years ago? Harry Douglas finds himself in a good situation with the lack of receiving threats the Falcons have found themselves with. Jacobs has a few easy matchups and could easily produce a touchdown. Who's the guy to own?

My bet is on Allen.

The majority of the guys you listed were claimed last week in my leagues and probably other leagues id assume too.

Boykin will be available in all league. He caught one ball for 43 yards but had 6 targets. He not worth a #1 waiver atleast to me.

What about Randle? Is he worth a #1 waiver? I read where Murray could be out multiple weeks maybe just one week? Then you have Dunbar still in mix.

Randle didn't look good Sunday night. 11 carries for 17 yards against Washington is terrible. Also, the returns of Dunbar and Murray can't be too far away.

Allen is gone, wondering if I should blow my waiver position on Jacobs..

Grab andre brown and save your waiver spot

Allen a must start from here on out?

For the most part, yeah. Check out his schedule.

7 @Jac
8 BYE
9 @Wsh
10 Den
11 @Mia
12 @KC
13 Cin
14 NYG
15 @Den
16 Oak

Obviously you sit him Week 8 for the bye, and you probably consider sitting him Week 12 @KC if you have a better option, but otherwise that shapes up to be a pretty soft schedule. A couple of likely shootouts with Denver, as well as some weak secondaries in Washingon, New York, and others. Allen could be a Top 20 WR the rest of the way.

foles mathews and the phins. looking at wrs as well but will probably have to stick with vincent brown.

idk. everyone on my team died last week or is going on vacation.

I've been saving my #1 waiver claim for a few weeks now and I think I'm finally going to jump on Allen. I should have picked him up last week but wasn't sure if he was a fluke or not

The majority of the guys you listed were claimed last week in my leagues and probably other leagues id assume too.

Boykin will be available in all league. He caught one ball for 43 yards but had 6 targets. He not worth a #1 waiver atleast to me.

What about Randle? Is he worth a #1 waiver? I read where Murray could be out multiple weeks maybe just one week? Then you have Dunbar still in mix.

I'm in a 12 team league and all the guys I mentioned are currently available in my league. However, we do have one less bench spot than standard leagues. I was considering Randle also but if Murray only misses one week then it would be a bit of a waste. I could see the Cowboys turning back into an all pass team like they tend to do with Murray out. Cowboys next 2 matchups are terrible against the Run though so it could be a decent plug n play. Same goes for Jacobs.

So how crazy are people going for Foles?

I figure some at least are thinking his value is capped by Vick coming back soon. And some do not need a QB.

Any suggestions on what you would FAAB bid as a Vick owner (assuming $100 yearly budget, down to maybe $50).

I'm just waiting to see who clears waivers and who shakes loose on some of these guys. I don't buy Randle, and I don't buy Allen if he's available.

I'm in a 12 team league and all the guys I mentioned are currently available in my league. However, we do have one less bench spot than standard leagues. I was considering Randle also but if Murray only misses one week then it would be a bit of a waste. I could see the Cowboys turning back into an all pass team like they tend to do with Murray out. Cowboys next 2 matchups are terrible against the Run though so it could be a decent plug n play. Same goes for Jacobs.

That's what I'm worried about with Randle too but I also don't want to see someone else grab him and plays really good. I can't make up my mind.

Wish I didn't have #1 cause there are couple I want but not worth #1 waiver. Patriots d/st is out there and would mind vs Jets but just saw where Mayo could be out for year with torn bicep. Damn how many more things can go wrong for Pats. This is type of year they will win it cause they shouldn't

If you were to pick two between Jacobs, Douglas, Randle, and Andre Brown who would it be? Douglas for potential targets and stash Brown for week 10?

My waiver wire rankings this week (in order this time) by position:
QB: - There's only one worth mentioning.
Foles - I believe that Vick will be out one or two more weeks; after that who knows? I believe that Foles will have a significant role the rest of the way even if Vick initially starts whenever he gets back. After Foles, the QB position drops off the cliff from a waiver perspective.

RB - Virtually all of these guys are merely RB3 / flex options.
Ellington - is not on waiver wire in any of my 6 leagues, and he should be rostered in all 12 team leagues. i missed the boat here.
Ogbannaya - He probably has the highest ppr upside of all RBs likely to be available in a 12 team league.
Tolbert - The big guy is getting more invoolved in the flow of the offense. He has value both as a goal line back and as a pass catcher out oof the backfield for ppr leagues. Stewart is likely at least two weeks away from making any contribution IMO, and even when he returns, Tolbert's role may not diminish.
Jacobs - He probably only has a relevant window of only a couple of weeks, but those few weeks could make a difference, especially in non-ppr leagues if you are hurting immediately at RB.
Stacy - He's another guy who is rostered in every one of my leagues, but he may be available in yours.
Joseph Randle - he's clearly only the 3rd best RB option in Dallas; however, I expect both Murray and Dunbar to be inactive at least for this next week. I view him as strictly a one to two week play.

WR - Now we can get excited.
I would expect that guys like Jefferys, E Sanders,or Mike Floyd have long disappeared from waivers in 12 team leagues.
Keenan Allen - Fortunately i picked him up last week in two leagues (and yes, i played him in both leagues), because he's no longer available in any of them at this point. BTW, if you don't see this train coming before Monday night's game, you don't actually watch enough football.
Rueben Randle - Another WR no longer available in my leagues, but he might be available in yours. If either of these two guys are still available, you will make a mistake if you don't grab 'em NOW.
Terrance Williams - Another one gone in all of my leagues (yes, i snagged him myself in one of them). Even with Miles Austin back, Williams will effectively be the #2 WR in Dallas' pass first offense..
Kenny Stills - Here's your sneaky pick-up as he's on bye for this week. Trust me, he's a stud in the making.
Kris Durham - He came up big on his 13 targets last week, and we still are not sure of the status of Megatron; in fact that COULD turn out to be a lingering injury situation. Durham may have played his way into the #2 spot permanently by the time he returns.
Boykin - The road is certainly open for Boykin to make a mini-splash over the next 6 weeks or more.
Doss - he has quietly put up steady WR4 / flex PPR numbers in the last month. I expect that to continue..
Cooper - He has been more of a boom or bust producer, but the big guy may be worth a deep league pick-up. Same for Jacoby Jones

TEs:
H Miller - Obviously a legitimate low end TE1 if he's still out there. He's rostered in all but one of my leagues.
Cumberland - he's my #2 guy on the waiver list at this position.
Tim Wright - He closely follow Cumberland on this list.
Jordan Reed - He's being targeted regularly and is playing some very good football.
Rudolph - His production has been very inconsistent. He may have more value if Freeman takes over the controls.
Fauria - His production will drive you crazy, but in TD heavy leagues, he does often get the call near the endzone. I would not chase his stats in either ppr or standard scoring leagues.

I doubt whether Harvin, Crabtree, A Brown, or Vereen are still available in your leagues (they are all rostered in all of mine), but if they are out there and you want 'em, now is the time to make your move. Sorry, i'm still not recommending Jonathan Stewart (or Harry Douglas for that matter).

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe that Jacobs will suddenly become a good RB. He looked awesome against Chicago, but he's an old, slow back running behind a poor O-line, for a team that can't stop anyone on D. I have a tough time seeing him being useable, but with injuries and the shortage at RB I guess he's worth a pickup.

Allen is the star of that group and should be picked up immediately. I really like the Charger's offence, and it looks like Allen will be a centerpiece. V. Brown had potential, but it doesn't look like he'll be more than their 2nd WR.

Douglas has never produced when given an opportunity. Can't see it happening now.

Boykins - I doubt he will see enough targets to be relevant.

Randle may be good for this week, but loses allot of value when Murray gets back (or Dunbar).

Would you drop Dunbar for Zac Stacy in a 12 team ppr? I'm just wondering if he'll last in stl and whether Dunbar will take over when healthy again vs randle. Rbs are hard to come by in my league.

If you were to pick two between Jacobs, Douglas, Randle, and Andre Brown who would it be? Douglas for potential targets and stash Brown for week 10?

Depends on what your current team needs are. If you are currently hurting for an RB, Jacobs is the man for the next two weeks. Undisputed workhorse back with a friendly schedule. Next up on the short term list would be Randle who looks like he will get the volume of carries for next week. But definitely Jacobs over Randle. Jacobs did well, Randle didn't. Jacobs has at least two easy weeks, Randle one. The Giants like to pound it in around the goal line, the Cowboys who knows.

If you are looking at potentially needing an RB towards the end of the season, I think A Brown would be the guy. Jacobs will probably get hurt at some point and even if not, A Brown was ahead of Jacobs on the depth chart for a reason at the beginning of the season.

If you need WR help, I'm not sure Douglas is the answer, even short term I would be hesitant.

Grab andre brown and save your waiver spot

think i'm gonna drop brown & pick up vereen