Sign in to follow this  
Mile High Magic

Freeman to start

A good question: who benefits from Freeman being in Minnesota (if anyone)?

Rudolph - I don't think Freeman throws to his TEs much, right?

Simpson - Freeman likes to throw downfield and Jerome likes to make catches downfield. Seems like a great match but Simpson always disappears

Jennings - Not sure how this effects him. Should be better than when Ponder was throwing to him but I thought Cassel was good news for Jennings

i upgraded jennings enough to claim and start him fwiw but my options are slim i hate the giants the vikes have had two weeks to get right and silly or not i wanted something back on monday night.

Winslow averaged 73 receptions, 792 yards, and 4 TDs a year over his 3 in Tampa.

Interesting. Bump Rudolph then, I'd say. Could be a nice grab of he's out there in your league (was dropped a couple weeks ago in two of my leagues).

I think TE production is more based on the OC and the kind of defense than QB preference. I think everyone in Minnesota gets a tick up, including Peterson. Just not sure Freeman does. He's got a sieve schedule in the next several weeks, so he's going to look much better than he really is.

I think TE production is more based on the OC and the kind of defense than QB preference. I think everyone in Minnesota gets a tick up, including Peterson. Just not sure Freeman does. He's got a sieve schedule in the next several weeks, so he's going to look much better than he really is.

I need Walsh back on the map so this is all good baby.

I forgot Patterson. Maybe he ends up the "new VJax" rather than Simpson? Tough to see a mid-season acquisition quickly getting on the same page as a rookie WR though

I'm not sure why people are seeing this as a positive for Minnesota pass catchers. Freeman couldn't complete more than 50% of his passes in an offence that he knew, with receivers that he was comfortable with. Now he's going to a new team, new system, new receivers and people think he'll be better than Ponder/Cassell?

I know Ponder and Cassell were crap, but I'm having a tough time getting excited about Freeman improving any of the receivers there.

I'm not sure why people are seeing this as a positive for Minnesota pass catchers. Freeman couldn't complete more than 50% of his passes in an offence that he knew, with receivers that he was comfortable with. Now he's going to a new team, new system, new receivers and people think he'll be better than Ponder/Cassell?

I know Ponder and Cassell were crap, but I'm having a tough time getting excited about Freeman improving any of the receivers there.

Well, clearly it was a toxic environment in Tampa. Schiano may have actually wanted Freeman to fail.

Plus, this might be Freeman's last shot at keeping a starting job in the NFL. He's got the rest of this season with the Vikes to prove he belongs. It might be enough motivation to help him be productive.

Regardless, they've got a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. Some of the worst secondaries in the NFL. All Vikings pass catchers will see a bump simply due to this factor, regardless of whether Freeman is an improvement over Cassel/Ponder.

It creates the possibility of value where little existed before. It certainly may not work out though, you're right about that.

how quickly we forget, last year from weeks 4-13 he threw for 2700 yards and 21 tds. 300 yards and 2.3 tds/game. I picked him up and will likely use him during this ridiculous stretch of bad defenses. tired of tom brady's 10-15 point weeks. done with him till gronk actually returns.

how quickly we forget, last year from weeks 4-13 he threw for 2700 yards and 21 tds. 300 yards and 2.3 tds/game. I picked him up and will likely use him during this ridiculous stretch of bad defenses. tired of tom brady's 10-15 point weeks. done with him till gronk actually returns.

What he says. Tampa is a mess this kid has talent. I saw people on this board saying Cassell and Ponder we better options, makes no sense. Some of you guys should actually watch the games instead of running to the stats section. He can be a big play action and deep ball QB.

What he says. Tampa is a mess this kid has talent. I saw people on this board saying Cassell and Ponder we better options, makes no sense. Some of you guys should actually watch the games instead of running to the stats section. He can be a big play action and deep ball QB.

all the tampa garbage aside, look at who tampa played the first 3 weeks... @jets, saints, @ne. 2 in the top 10 against qbs and another just outside. they had 2 of those games won too. he was so miss-used. his first few seasons they rolled him out more and let him scramble. he's better on the move, not as a drop back guy. the playcalling has been terrible in tampa. I hope minny figures out the best system for his talent.

all the tampa garbage aside, look at who tampa played the first 3 weeks... @jets, saints, @ne. 2 in the top 10 against qbs and another just outside. they had 2 of those games won too. he was so miss-used. his first few seasons they rolled him out more and let him scramble. he's better on the move, not as a drop back guy. the playcalling has been terrible in tampa. I hope minny figures out the best system for his talent.

I noticed that too. Freeman had a rough early schedule this season. Now with the Vikes, he gets a mostly creampuff schedule the rest of the way. Even if he's the exact same QB he was with the Bucs, his fantasy numbers should be significantly better.