Sign in to follow this  
Tranny In Jersey

Trade Vetoed! need opinions

Had a trade vetoed by 4 members plus the commish in a 10 team standard league. $50 buy in.

Team A (5-1) gives Romo, Reggie Bush, Spiller

Team B (2-4) gives. Aaron Rodgers, Peterson, Bowe

Team B rb 2 is Ronnie Hillman now because of injurys.

League rules say trades are allowed as long as its not colusion and commish has final say even if trades are vetoed.

Most of the arguments within the members are that team A would be too stacked and it would be unfair to the league.

What are your opinions on this?

That appears strongly collusion-ish. team B gains very little in exchange for his investment. unfair trades in and of themselves are not collusion, but giving two studs for two not-quite-studs is very suspicious. he's giving 2 1st rounders who are performing well for 2 3rd rounders who are performing well (but not as well as their counterparts).

team B would need to articulate why he feels that romo and bush will score more points than rodgers and peterson, otherwise i'd veto.

Looks good to me.

Team B wants to get stronger at RB and likes Spiller more than most. A bit of a gamble, but guy is 2-4... Time to take some chances, So be it. IMO, the QBs are a wash. People over react when a guy like AP is part of a trade, but this does certainly NOT justify a veto.

Seems fair to me, I wouldn't veto romo has been outplaying Rogers so far bowe is not doing so well. Bush has been good in Detroit and spiller has a lot of upside. By season end team b could have the better end of the deal.

Looks good to me.

Team B wants to get stronger at RB and likes Spiller more than most. A bit of a gamble, but guy is 2-4... Time to take some chances, So be it. IMO, the QBs are a wash. People over react when a guy like AP is part of a trade, but this is certainly NOT justify a veto.

This. It's not like he is trading a box of rocks; Romo and Bush are both doing very well, but don't have the pedigree name of Rodgers or Peterson.

Team B is getting a far better deal. Romo proving again a 6th or lower QB can finish top 5 (see Rivers likely undrafted as well) and you dont need a top QB. Spiller was a 1st rounder, some even had him top 3, and honestly I see Bush and AP as a wash especially if its PPR. Bowe is insignificant in this deal

Team B is taking a gamble on Spiller turning it around, and maybe saving his season, and thats his right.

I would rather be team B in this deal.

Team B is getting Spiller for free

Team B is getting a far better deal. Romo proving again a 6th or lower QB can finish top 5 (see Rivers likely undrafted as well) and you dont need a top QB. Spiller was a 1st rounder, some even had him top 3, and honestly I see Bush and AP as a wash especially if its PPR. Bowe is insignificant in this deal

Team B is taking a gamble on Spiller turning it around, and maybe saving his season, and thats his right.

I would rather be team B in this deal.

Team B is getting Spiller for free

I agree with this guy. Seems like a good trade.

Don't play in a league with any veto's from anyone but the commish. Play in a league that you trust your commish. No one likes trades that may benefit one team more than the other so collusion is the only factor that should ever be considered. No collusion no problem. The trade may be stupid or lopsided but you cannot veto it because you are jealous that it is not you on the good end.

Don't play in a league with any veto's from anyone but the commish. Play in a league that you trust your commish. No one likes trades that may benefit one team more than the other so collusion is the only factor that should ever be considered. No collusion no problem. The trade may be stupid or lopsided but you cannot veto it because you are jealous that it is not you on the good end.

^..... yes, quit the league and never play again. If I think Kris Durham is going to be the greatest fantasy player in history from here on out, and I want to trade AP, Megatron, Charles, the Chiefs D, and Jimmy Graham to get him, who are any of you to tell me I cant do it? obviously your league is full of amateurs.

Like everybody else, I see no problem with this trade. Let them see our responses from complete strangers and see what they have to say.

Going against a weaker NFC East, Romo might as well be Rodgers in that division (plus Rodgers has lost some receivers this past week). That's a wash.

Bush and Spiller for AP is okay.

Bowe is just a fill in and non-entitly in the deal now .

I think this is okay. My question is how did Team B get to 2-4 with AP and Rodgers ? The AP/Rodgers owner in my league is 5-1 .

why does your league hate trannys?

I have had all sorts of problems ever since I had my nut sack turned inside out!!!

The Rodgers-Peterson owner is 2-4 because if Peterson didnt go off for 20+ that week he would lose. His team is pretty bad for a 10 team league. He is having to start Ronnie Hillman and Randle in his flex this week because our trade got vetoed. He is mad about the veto also.

I have got to 5-1 by mostly playing the bottom feeders in our league so far. My other backs are Doug Martin (drafted) and Alfred Morris (traded). The teams who have vetoed the trade (including the Commish) have sent trade proposals for Peterson in the past couple weeks that were declined.

Fock that league, tell 'em all to fock off and don't re-up next year. That's some real childish amateur bullsh!t

That appears strongly collusion-ish. team B gains very little in exchange for his investment. unfair trades in and of themselves are not collusion, but giving two studs for two not-quite-studs is very suspicious. he's giving 2 1st rounders who are performing well for 2 3rd rounders who are performing well (but not as well as their counterparts).

team B would need to articulate why he feels that romo and bush will score more points than rodgers and peterson, otherwise i'd veto.

It's a tough call but if I were commish, I would veto as well. While AP is the number one back, Reggie has open running lanes due to Megatron. I remember a similar trade being vetoed a few years ago, when one team tried to trade Jamaal for the A-Train. (Vetoed because A-Train was better at reading his blocks than Charles.)

But if the owners really wanted to get the trade passed, they should just go to the commish's house and punch him in the face in front of his wife and kids.

Your league is a bunch of crybabies. Too many people get hung up on names & ADP when evaluating trades. This is a classic example of this.

It's a tough call but if I were commish, I would veto as well. While AP is the number one back, Reggie has open running lanes due to Megatron. I remember a similar trade being vetoed a few years ago, when one team tried to trade Jamaal for the A-Train. (Vetoed because A-Train was better at reading his blocks than Charles.)

But if the owners really wanted to get the trade passed, they should just go to the commish's house and punch him in the face in front of his wife and kids.

Then your a sh!tty commish. Who are you to determine whether the trade is "fair"? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

Then your a sh!tty commish. Who are you to determine whether the trade is "fair"? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

I screwed up the meme. It's Thomas Jones. Not A-Train.

But my crystal ball didn't tell me a 25k poster would fall for an old fft meme like this!

Team B makes out like a bandit, Rodgers wrs are decimated and Romo outplaying him anyway. AP for Spiller and bush essentially wich sounds good to me. Bowe is a non factor. This trade should go through.

I screwed up the meme. It's Thomas Jones. Not A-Train.

But my crystal ball didn't tell me a 25k poster would fall for an old fft meme like this!

OK, I have no idea what you're referencing but I gather it was a joke. My bad :cheers:

Looks good to me.

Team B wants to get stronger at RB and likes Spiller more than most. A bit of a gamble, but guy is 2-4... Time to take some chances, So be it. IMO, the QBs are a wash. People over react when a guy like AP is part of a trade, but this does certainly NOT justify a veto.

Agree completely with this. Bowe was a throw-in as he's useless. Spiller may come on in the latter half of the season. Bush isn't a massive dropoff from AP in PPR Leagues and I don't see Romo being that much worse, if any, than Rodgers. Rodgers has a crap offensive line and two of his WR's are injured. I don't think anyone can say this is an unfair trade. If it "stacks" one team too much, that isn't a reason to overturn a trade. No collusion = trade should be allowed. I'm not certain the guy getting Rodgers and AP is "winning" this deal.

win loss records and who else is on the roster should never get a trade vetoed. a team too stacked?

its a fair trade