Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Fitzgerald...can trust him vs Seahawks?

last week he woke up and caught a 77 yard TD pass and ended 6-117-1 for 16 pts. But that was vs San Francisco this week they play Seattle's much tougher pass defense. I benched him in 3 leagues and i cost me one win.

Are you guys starting him or who you playing in his place?

Wk    Date    Opp    Tar    Recpt    ReYd    ReAvg   ReTD  FL   FPTS
1    9/8    @STL     14      8        80     10.0    2     -    20
2    9/15    DET     5       2        33     16.5    -     -    3
3    9/22    @NO     6       5        64     12.8    -     -    6
4    9/29    @TB     9       6        68     11.3    1     -    12
5    10/6    CAR     7       3        43     14.3    -     -    4
6    10/13    @SF    12      6        117    19.5    1     1    16

by Nando Di Fino | Senior Fantasy Writer
(10/16/13) Despite his struggles the last couple years (relative to the rest of his career), Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is still an elite receiver. He has four touchdowns on the season and just had his first 100-yard game in Week 6, against a 49ers defense that has allowed the fifth-fewest receiving yards per game.

In Week 7, Fitzgerald draws the Seahawks, who have allowed the third-fewest receiving yards per game this season. However, three wide receivers have put up 100-yard games in the last four games against the Seahawks. So the stage is still pretty much set the same -- with one exception. This is a Thursday night game, and Fitzgerald, nursing a sore hamstring, doesn't have the benefit of those few extra days to rest it, as he would if it was a regular Sunday game.

I don't like the matchup on a short-week, not 100% and playing a tough secondary. I am by-passing on him for someone like L. Bell or Z. Stacy this week at a flex spot. :dunno:

Keep in mind 70 something yards of his came from one blown play. Had the corner made the tackle, he would have been held well under a 100 yards and no TDs.

Last year at home against Seattle, he caught 4 passes for 63 yards and no TDs. 60-something yards a game is his average right now. Seattle has only given up 3 WR TDs this season. So I'm predicting he gets 50-60 yards and no TDs.

I'm leaning towards benching him.

I'd bench him if you have other good options. He's hurt, it's a short week, his QB sucks, and they're playing a tough D. That's too many strikes IMO

I benched him for Jordy and Gordon this week. I trust Fitz, I just don't trust Palmer this week.

I say no way. The biggest problem is that Seattle will likely put Richard Sherman on Fitzgerald and Palmer will probably just avoid that matchup for the most part. Anything can happen and I really like Fitz down the stretch (until his Super Bowl week rematch with Sherman), but I'm sitting him this week.

I bench him last week and start Alshon Jeffrey. Lose the game. I'm benching him again and going with Jeffrey.

Benching Fitz for Joseph Randle

I have this option too but not sure of starting someone with 11 career carries for 19 yards :unsure:

I might bench him for Stacy this week. Rollin the dice!

I also have this option but Stacy is going up vs Carolina who gives up just 78.3 rushing yards per game. I like the Randle option better than Stacy

I have this option too but not sure of starting someone with 11 career carries for 19 yards :unsure:

I also have this option but Stacy is going up vs Carolina who gives up just 78.3 rushing yards per game. I like the Randle option better than Stacy

Randle came in when the Cowboys were killing the clock. Those stats were misleading.

Randle came in when the Cowboys were killing the clock. Those stats were misleading.

:wacko: Call it what you want but one run of 14 yards and the rest nothing

Dallas Cowboys at 09:50

1-10-WAS15 (9:50) J.Randle left tackle to WAS 15 for no gain (J.Wilson).

2-10-WAS15 (9:12) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short right to T.Williams for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN [P.Riley]. Pass caught after Romo escapes pressure and ball caught back corner of the end zone.

D.Bailey extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

WAS 9 DAL 21, Plays: 2 Yards: 15 Possession: 1:00.

Dallas Cowboys at 05:16

1-10-DAL18 (5:16) J.Randle left tackle to DAL 18 for no gain (C.Baker).

2-10-DAL18 (4:41) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to D.Bryant. Pass incomplete on a "slant" pattern; Hall closest defender.

3-10-DAL18 (4:37) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep middle to D.Bryant. Pass incomplete at the Dallas 35; Hall closest defender.

4-10-DAL18

(4:30) (Punt formation) C.Jones punts 43 yards to WAS 39, Center-L.Ladouceur. J.Murphy to WAS 39 for no gain (K.Bosworth). PENALTY on WAS-E.Biggers, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 39.

Dallas Cowboys at 03:43

1-10-DAL20 (3:43) T.Romo sacked at DAL 15 for -5 yards (P.Riley).

2-15-DAL15 (3:10) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short middle to D.Bryant [J.Wilson]. Pass incomplete at the Dallas 25; Hall closest defender.

3-15-DAL15 (3:04) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short left to M.Austin. Pass incomplete sideline at the Dallas 30; Wilson closest defender.

4-15-DAL15 (2:58) (Punt formation) C.Jones punts 52 yards to WAS 33, Center-L.Ladouceur. J.Morgan pushed ob at WAS 39 for 6 yards (J.Heath).

Dallas Cowboys at 14:42

1-10-DAL39 (14:42) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short right to C.Beasley to WAS 47 for 14 yards (J.Gumbs). Romo pass complete after escaping pressure; comeback route by Beasley.

1-10-WAS47 (13:53) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to D.Bryant to WAS 30 for 17 yards (J.Wilson). Pass complete on a "crossing" pattern.

1-10-WAS30 (13:08) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to J.Witten to WAS 25 for 5 yards (L.Fletcher). Pass complete on a "drag" route.

2-5-WAS25 (12:24) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short left to C.Beasley. Pass incomplete sideline at the Washington 20.

3-5-WAS25 (12:19) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to C.Beasley pushed ob at WAS 16 for 9 yards (B.Meriweather). Pass complete on an "up and out" pattern.

1-10-WAS16 (11:41) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to J.Hanna. Heavy pressure by Stephen Bowen

2-10-WAS16

(11:36) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to J.Witten. Pass incomplete on a "crossing pattern" Riley closest defender. PENALTY on DAL-T.Williams, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 16 - No Play.

2-20-WAS26 (11:31) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep left to M.Austin (D.Hall). Pass incomplete "go" route; back of the end zone.

3-20-WAS26 (11:24) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to C.Beasley to WAS 12 for 14 yards (P.Riley).

4-6-WAS12 (10:40) (Field Goal formation) D.Bailey 30 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

WAS 16 DAL 24, Plays: 9 Yards: 49 Possession: 4:06.

Dallas Cowboys at 09:36

1-3-WAS3 (9:36) J.Randle right tackle to WAS 1 for 2 yards (S.Bowen).

2-1-WAS1 (8:56) J.Randle left tackle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

D.Bailey extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

WAS 16 DAL 31, Plays: 2 Yards: 3 Possession: 0:47.

Dallas Cowboys at 05:08

1-10-DAL20 (5:08) J.Randle left tackle to DAL 34 for 14 yards (R.Doughty).

1-10-DAL34 (4:22) J.Randle left tackle to DAL 37 for 3 yards (R.Kerrigan).

2-7-DAL37 (3:30) J.Randle right tackle to DAL 40 for 3 yards (R.Kerrigan).

3-4-DAL40 (3:25) J.Randle left end to DAL 37 for -3 yards (P.Riley).

4-7-DAL37 (3:20) (Punt formation) C.Jones punts 45 yards to WAS 18, Center-L.Ladouceur. J.Morgan to WAS 16 for -2 yards (D.Harris).

Dallas Cowboys at 02:10

1-10-WAS42 (2:10) J.Randle right tackle to WAS 40 for 2 yards (J.Wilson).

2-8-WAS40 (2:00) J.Randle up the middle to WAS 40 for no gain (K.Golston; R.Doughty).

3-8-WAS40 (1:15) J.Randle right end to WAS 45 for -5 yards (K.Golston).

4-13-WAS45

(:23) (Punt formation) C.Jones punts 36 yards to WAS 9, Center-L.Ladouceur. J.Morgan to WAS 13 for 4 yards (L.Ladouceur). PENALTY on WAS-J.Gumbs, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 13.

besides week 16, luckily this is the last week we will have to make such a matchup decision.

Benched him, therefor he will do well.

But if he just doesn't get re-injured I feel excellent about the rest of the year and won't care if he goes off tonight.

He gets a nice long rest before next game and then a bye.

Speaking of bye.....buy low!

Benching him for Harry Douglas

I had Douglas in for him in one league and decided to go with Fitzgerald in that one. Ended up starting Fitz in two leagues. :doh:

• Like 1

That Arizona O-Line is a Chinese fire drill. Did I just see a Seattle cornerback pile drive a Cardinal Offensive tackle????

That Arizona O-Line is a Chinese fire drill. Did I just see a Seattle cornerback pile drive a Cardinal Offensive tackle????

Awesome....Safety Kam Chancellor trucked the o-lineman and made the tackle. I guess his nickname is Bam Bam...