Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Bengals @ Dolphins TNF Thread

Wow,my opponent had to play Dalton against me this week with Kap being on bye,4 turnovers later and Andy has scored 1/2 a point against me.

I dunno why people trusted Dalton. It's not that Dalton's great, the Jets just happen to be poop. The only reason Brady struggles against them is because he is poop himself, and struggles against everyone. Probably you can start most decent QBs against the Jets defense. They play Brees this weekend I believe, I expect 7 TD passes from Brees.

Dalton has a lot of weapons, and a solid defense backing him up. On paper, he should have everything he needs to make that team good. I can see why those that were scrambling for a QB, had Cutler, etc ... thought he would be serviceable tonight.

Despite his clown hair.

I don't understand that kneel down at all. Dalton afraid of another int?

They were at, what, the 30? Dalton doesn't have the arm for a Hail Mary, so they're essentially hoping for a PI call, risking a strip or an INT returned for a TD.

Very little chance of something good, certainly not enough to risk the bad.

Just watched the replay of Gio's long TD, just a beauty. An absolute beauty.

Yeah, I would not be surprised if next year, he has a first round ADP.

How does Marvin Lewis not kick the field goal there?

Yeah, I would not be surprised if next year, he has a first round ADP.

Agreed my good friend.

Again with the Thomas drive kill.

MIA coached need to be fired. Lets not give the ball to the RB avg 9 ypc tonight in the crucial situation. Lets give it twice to the guy avg 3.5 tonight. ANOTHER drive killed.

Don't get it! Why does Miami still go with Thomas! This will cost them the game!

If Miller had 5 more carries than he had so far this game would already be over. I read MIA players a little upset at the O gameplan last week. They should be enraged this week!

If Miller had 5 more carries than he had so far this game would already be over. I read MIA players a little upset at the O gameplan last week. They should be enraged this week!

How many more fumbles would that be?

Yep. This game the Dolphins got lucky. This a game where they won in-spite of the gameplan but not because of the gameplan.

I still believe Thomas should get some carries to relieve Miller every now and then, but the split should be 80-20 Miller.

To everyone complaining about the Dolphins not running enough, clearly you didn't follow Reggie Bush last year. Dude would always put up solid numbers but would only get like 15 carries, that's just what they do.

Yep. This game the Dolphins got lucky. This a game where they won in-spite of the gameplan but not because of the gameplan.

I still believe Thomas should get some carries to relieve Miller every now and then, but the split should be 80-20 Miller.

Maybe Thomas wouldn't have fumbled. Maybe it went to OT BECAUSE of a Miller fumble. The timeshare will continue.

Maybe Thomas wouldn't have fumbled. Maybe it went to OT BECAUSE of a Miller fumble. The timeshare will continue.

Actually I think Miller put up a good enough game for the carries to go largely in his favor.

To everyone complaining about the Dolphins not running enough, clearly you didn't follow Reggie Bush last year. Dude would always put up solid numbers but would only get like 15 carries, that's just what they do.

This. If you are complaining that your RB that you drafted that you knew would be in a timeshare is not getting enough carries ... as long as backs like Miller and Giovani Bernard continue to do well in the time share .... you are going to see more of it. Old news.

Remember Jamal Charles/Thomas Jones just a couple years ago? The trick was to have both. Start both. Hope that Jones gets killed in a car accident, but combined, they were the best running back in the NFL.

This was Miller's first fumble in his career! Even AP fumbles. Do you bench AP if he fumbles once?

• Like 1

This was Miller's first fumble in his career! Even AP fumbles. Do you bench AP if he fumbles once?

Yes. For the rest of the year.

- Signed, Daniel Thomas owner.

It's almost that time of year ... where having a healthy RB in a time share is going to be a first world problem.

yeah well Bush didn't have Daniel Thomas bleeding the life out of every other drive... similarity not found sir.

yeah well Bush didn't have Daniel Thomas bleeding the life out of every other drive... similarity not found sir.

Wait .... you are a Dolphins fan? Thomas caught a TD last week. You can't see the value to having TWO capable backs?

brutal win... glad the zebras didn't decide this with crap like the blown PI calls... and with the track record lately that safety could have been called wrong very easily

*WHEW*

Wait .... you are a Dolphins fan? Thomas caught a TD last week. You can't see the value to having TWO capable backs?

good eye matlock, umm yeah.. and yeah I'm not remotely a Thomas fan dude, not even close... I'd rather see clay wasted as FB than him

Kinda like me hating on Brandon Jacobs for putting up 50 yards on 20 carries. He's an old man, and I love that he can contribute to my team. Having both Miller and Thomas makes that team better. It makes defenses have to be prepared for both, healthy backs, for one thing. Is Miller better? No question. Does Thomas have value? Again, I think he clearly does.

So ... I'm not sure why a Miami fan would be so anti-Thomas. Still. Unless it's purely a FF thing.

On the other hand, I posted some really negative things about David Wilson in pre-season, but I was high on backs that are multi-purpose. I was high on Andre Brown and Knowshon Moreno ... because I knew these were RBs that have multiple skills. They can pass block, they can run and they can catch. Going forward I think it's clear why teams are going to want that type of back. I'm so high on Andre Brown in PPR that I drafted him (before he got hurt) and have held onto him all year.

No, he is playing against a friend of mine, and I was saying, "He might get credit for those 41 yards though." and my friend was all, "That's impossible." and I said it would only be like 2 points because it was a fumble lost, and my friend got all angry, "That's impossible! There's no way he gains points on that play." and he kinda had me convinced ... but now I see why he is wrong.

What if it was a catch and run? in PPR? Ran down to the 1, fumbled and returned by the defense for a TD?

QB gets credit for a 60 yard pass, back gets credit for a 60 yard catch, -2 for the fumble ... 5 points, and the defense gets credited for a 99 yard fumble return for a TD?

Kinda seems weird that the offensive players would score any points in that situation, doesn't it?

since you try to speak with some authority i assumed obviously youd know the answer to routine stat determiners that happen every week while you try to win at a stat based game.

lol at you.

since you try to speak with some authority i assumed obviously youd know the answer to routine stat determiners that happen every week while you try to win at a stat based game.

lol at you.

I did ... friend convinced me otherwise. Like it was an incomplete pass ... I dunno why I thought it negated the run. Been awhile since I've had to figure out the scoring of a weird play like that on the fly.

My friend was actually saying "That's impossible!" when I was telling him he got points for the yards ... and I was stoned.

But winning at a stat based game is not about current or past stats, it's about predicting future stats, so scoring a weird run plus fumble that was returned by the defense ... not something you can really predict in the first place.

But you are right ... after all these years, I shouldn't have to ask for clarification.

I love how I say that Dalton looks bad, he then throws a pick 6 ... and Murf gets credit for saying he looks bad.

but... do you have any idea how 'your friends' league will score it?

let's not confuse dislike or frustration with hate.. believe me I wish I could praise him, it's just not there

do I hate him, no.. do I hate when the play call on third and four goes to the 33, hell yeah, at best he will gain his usual two and we will punt... seems like it happens constantly, it did again tonight

this is only magnified by the offense repeatedly overlooking/ignoring the fact that miller, who despite averaging five or more, is somehow married to this failed timeshare concept.. he rips off a killer gain than he is pulled out before we make a first down... it's baffling... so hate him no, hate something here, yeah I'm sure I do... maybe its not him, maybe he isn't given a chance to succeed, like Tannehill eating a half dozen sacks or dodging the opposing defense as they blow thru the hole clabo is supposed to be in... either way, thus far this year, Thomas is to a first down as kryptonite is to superman

I understand the frustration. That is why, in fantasy football, you get your handcuff. If you draft CJ Spiller, you also draft Fred Jackson. If you drafted Miller and Thomas ... that sucks for you, I got Thomas when he was waived just for depth. I'm not really that invested in the Dolphins running game ... I have a 20 deep roster and he is 20th.

But none of that fantasy stuff matters in the NFL. RBBC is not a thing of the past.

FYI: I think CJ Anderson is the handcuff to Moreno, but a case could be made for Ball.