Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Playoff Game Planning (Streaming)

If at this point in the season you know that you will not get a bye for the playoffs, do you continue to stream defenses/kickers to improve your seed going into the playoffs or do you go after the best defense/kicker for first playoff matchup and forget about better streams for the rest of the regular season?

I'm currently the 6th seed so I need to worry about winning my division as I'm one game out or holding on to my playoff spot. I lost a crucial game week 7 thanks to Walsh being hurt and didnt know he couldnt kick a 50 yarder against the team allowing most fgs at that point. I'm worried I may have peaked.

Ok well I'm specifically talking about a situation where you will make the playoffs but won't get a bye. Do you still stream for regular season or for first playoff matchup?

generally it is easier to stream defenses in the playoffs because elminated teams wont pounce on players or defenses that are dropped.

If you are the 6th seed, you are not that far from being on the outside looking in.

I'd make the best roster move for your team to ensure you stay in the top 6.

worry about the playoffs when the playoffs happen.

see mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?s=047cc3bafbc88bb0d2a8808e845adf44&showtopic=427460

It's a combination of both for me. I'll play the good matchups now, but I always have an eye on the playoff matchups, because as bye weeks clear out, you typically have a few extra roster spots to burn on a 2nd defense if there's a particularly sweet matchup that you want to target in, say, week 15 or 16.

All teams in my league make the playoffs that's why I was wondering. So do I worry about a few extra points for the next few weeks determining a win/loss and possible better seeding or just plan for first playoff game against a potentially better opponent.

I think 1 or 2 spots wouldn't be a big deal in seeding but playing the top 3 vs the bottom 3 would be a big difference so I would put more weight into the easiest week 1 playoff matchup unless everyone has a super close record with each other.

All teams in my league make the playoffs that's why I was wondering. So do I worry about a few extra points for the next few weeks determining a win/loss and possible better seeding or just plan for first playoff game against a potentially better opponent.

WTF??

if that's the case you'd be better off building for week 15 and would have been well advised to have started bottom fishing bye weekers a month ago...unless the rest of the league is already hip to this which... bah.. what's the point then if nobody misses the playoffs?? I'm confused more than normal suddenly.

A few years ago the commish got tired of having to babysit teams late in the season that weren't in contention and would give up and not set lineups, make stupid trades, drop good players, etc. So his solution was everyone make playoffs. I don't know...it was before my time. But that's what I'm working with.

that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard... to make the first 12 or 13 weeks meaningless.

anyway, getting back to the topic at hand.... grab Billy Volek.

• Like 1

The regular season isn't meaningless since the top 4 teams will get a bye. It's not an ideal situation, but you do get the benefit of not possibly losing week 13 if you try hard enough to be in the top 4.

To be honest I actually enjoy not stressing out week to week because I know I'm safe until week 13, and I still reap the benefit of putting as much time into it as I want.

A few years ago the commish got tired of having to babysit teams late in the season that weren't in contention and would give up and not set lineups, make stupid trades, drop good players, etc. So his solution was everyone make playoffs. I don't know...it was before my time. But that's what I'm working with.

That's what Toilet Bowl was created for. Teams that don't make the playoffs play in the TB and win a portion of the WW money as a way to keep them interested.

That's stoopid allowing everyone to make it.

that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard... to make the first 12 or 13 weeks meaningless.

anyway, getting back to the topic at hand.... grab Billy Volek.

he stated he wasn't getting a bye, so the next best goal is loading up for week 15... was that pointed at me?

and who is billy volek?? off to tha search...

Yes, it's a little stupid. It's a work league. Who cares? You're not playing in it. I don't need your criticism. All I asked was a question given the information provided. It's also relevant to anyone else in a standard league in a couple weeks who will be in a 6-7 spot and has to decide to pick up people based on their final regular season matchup(s) or their first playoff matchup.

Yes, it's really stupid. It's a work league. Who cares? You're not playing in it. I don't need your criticism. All I asked was a question given the information provided. It's also relevant to anyone else in a standard league in a couple weeks who will be in a 6-7 spot and has to decide to pick up people based on their final regular season matchup(s) or their first playoff matchup.

fixed :doh:

Yes, it's a little stupid. It's a work league. Who cares? You're not playing in it. I don't need your criticism. All I asked was a question given the information provided. It's also relevant to anyone else in a standard league in a couple weeks who will be in a 6-7 spot and has to decide to pick up people based on their final regular season matchup(s) or their first playoff matchup.

Ant,

Understand you're asking for info as it relates to your 'outta left field everyone makes the playoffs' league. Guys here (and others everywhere on the internet) are bound to pounce on (and deride) details like that. I believe it is impossible for them to help themselves. I've been guilty of it around here too, so don't take it personally ok?

Regarding your question: At this time you should be looking for D/ST that are performing well with good matchups in the final weeks. Streaming targets like BUF, BAL or STL come to mind, but they've been a yoyo scoring most of the year. IND and JAX are my two late season favorites - great matchups weeks 14-16. A flier on MIA might pay off. SF and KC will stay good, HOU isn't trustable and CHI keeps getting worse.