Sign in to follow this  
Agame

What does your league do for Week 17?

Our Super Bowl is week 16 (like most leagues) and I'm trying figure out if there anything our league can do week 17 other than not do anything. I've heard people actually somehow having a Pro Bowl. Cool idea. I just don't know how it would be done.
Anyway....

My league does a separate contest. We throw 5 bucks in the pot , the team with highest point total wins it all. It's an optional contest and we collect the money at the league draft. We also do an NFL pick-ems contest all year long based on the spread.

What does your league do for Week 17?

I don't know about the rest of the league, but I'm usually counting my money....... :first:

I don't know about the rest of the league, but I'm usually counting my money....... :first:

As commissioner for u to send to the winners ?

Couple guys look at who we have left not sitting and make side bets for total points for that week

$25 or $50

Makes it worth following

Once was in a league where all the non playoff teams played there entire roosters against each other. Winner got like 75 bucks. one year I lost every game but one (Dorsey levens broke his leg early) I ended up winning the week 17 thing...almost won my entire entry fee back.

We pay out to the overall point winner each week of the season, including week 17. And of course it goes toward the season overall point totals, which we pay out to as well.

I've been in a league for the last 15 years and we don't have playoffs. We just use total head to head record and pay out the top 4. I enjoy it more than most of my other leagues because you get 17 weeks of FF and keeps people interested for the entire season.

I usually party during week 17 and celebrate my championship(s) from the week before. (Seriously? I spend a weekend with the wife.)

This!

you know why football season extends all the way into January, and sometimes even a week of Feb as well, yet Valentine's day reliably occurs after football is done completely???

so you can ignore her in the off season too :clap: