Sign in to follow this  
heffley

What kind of fantasy coach are you?

What kind of Fantasy Coach are you?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How do you manage your team?

• Go to ESPN, Yahoo, etc. and base it off the rankings. (i.e. Ranking Slave)
    • Leave it up to the community (Takes polls on who they should start)
    • Play your favorite team and noone else (i.e. Probably going to lose)
    • Listen to the "experts"
    • Manage your team your way or no way.
    • #5 and the occasional #1, #2, or #4 as a second view.

What kind of fantasy coach are you?

I play matchups. I start my go to guys every week despite match up. I look at consensus rankings and team stats as well. I look at history of matches especially the previous year if the two teams have stayed very similar to year before.

I draft well. Play my studs and I am a waiver wire addict. I will sometimes play the matchups depending on how big of a perceived advantage IIIIII think there is.....basically whateverwhatever I do what I want.

• Like 1

Yea, I usually draft good but I do a lot of waiver wire moves cause you never know. I play my team how I see for but a second opinion is always nice if they have good points or historical stats.

• Like 1

I check the "experts", but I'm also a What Have You Done For Me Lately owner . I play the guys who are producing . For example expert ranks in Fantasypros say Pierre Thomas is my 5th ranked back going forward, but he has the most fantasy points of all my RB, so I always consider him for a start . I don't want to leave all those points on my bench .

About 75% of the weight of my decisions come from matchups and opportunity (snap count, targets, etc)

When there's a decision where it's 50/50 in my mind, I look to consensus rankings, history, tidbits, projected scoring, etc.

I love the draft which are usually live with a draft board and beers and bunch of my friends. I draft pretty well and I am usually the most prepared. During the year I tend to overthink my lineup choices and I have to remind myself to usually if not always to play my studs. I like to look at the matchups and what players and teams have done lately. I like to use defensive and offensive rankings. Just like Kilroy69 I am totally addicted to the waiver wire I love to be ahead of the curve and snag guys before they are most added players. I have made several mistakes over the years and I've also made some good lineup choices.

Good luck fellas !

• Like 2

I love the draft which are usually live with a draft board and beers and bunch of my friends. I draft pretty well and I am usually the most prepared. During the year I tend to overthink my lineup choices and I have to remind myself to usually if not always to play my studs. I like to look at the matchups and what players and teams have done lately. I like to use defensive and offensive rankings. Just like Kilroy69 I am totally addicted to the waiver wire I love to be ahead of the curve and snag guys before they are most added players. I have made several mistakes over the years and I've also made some good lineup choices.

Good luck fellas !

Same way, I found DeMarrco Murray 2 years ago when he scored 41 pts. Safe to say someone was pretty mad. :banana:

I get on this board and ask everybody and their mother what I should do. Then I end up doing exactly what I wanted to anyway.

"That is so fetch."

"Gretchen stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen!"

Add "fantasy coach" and Grammatron to the list.

Usually go off of my own research and use the expert picks as backup/confirmation. Go against the expert picks if I feel like I have a really strong read on a situation.

+1 That exactly describes what I do.

On the plus side, I started CJ tonight in the only league I've got him in, and I told a friend who called me and asked for my advice to pick up and start Delanie Walker because he had Witten on a bye.

But I passed on starting either Donald Brown or Walker as my own flex tonight in favor of 'better' options (In addition to D Brown and Walker I had Gore, Forte, Sproles, Woodhead, Andre Brown and J Thomas to chose from) .

BTW, I refuse to participate in polls of any kind, so my number is not included in your choices.

+1 That exactly describes what I do.

On the plus side, I started CJ tonight in the only league I've got him in, and I told a friend who called me and asked for my advice to pick up and start Delanie Walker because he had Witten on a bye.

But I passed on starting either Donald Brown or Walker as my own flex tonight in favor of 'better' options (In addition to D Brown and Walker I had Gore, Forte, Sproles, Woodhead, Andre Brown and J Thomas to chose from) .

BTW, I refuse to participate in polls of any kind, so my number is not included in your choices.

Well, I'll add 1 to the choice you just described so thanks for your vote! :thumbsup: