Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Eliminating the PK

Gonna put this to vote in one of my leagues. Will add a 3 WR in its place. It makes sense right? WTF knows whether a PK is gonna score you 20 points or 1 pt from week to week. (Justin Tucker). They are drafted with the last pick in the draft and no one really knows who the fock the top 5 PK are going to be from yr to yr, It's a gimmick position and done in leagues because thats the way it has always been. I think the vote will pass if people think about it

After this year, a case could be made for eliminating the TE position as well. Outside 4 guys (Graham, Gronk, Cameron and Thomas) the rest are crap shoots.

I would vote to keep them (both TE and PK).

After this year, a case could be made for eliminating the TE position as well. Outside 4 guys (Graham, Gronk, Cameron and Thomas) the rest are crap shoots.

traditionalist!! :mad:

You forgot Vernon witten Gonzalez

TEs are fine., mistake to compare them to Kickers

Starting a kicker as a flex could be interesting...

Although the ceiling is not nearly as high as a WR, you are typically ensured 4-12 points depending on your scoring.

With that said, how about K/TE flex only position?

Keep the Kicker. Just lower the scoring for the position. Just adds a different element. I would add another WR like you said and lower the points that a kicker can score.

Keep the Kicker. Just lower the scoring for the position. Just adds a different element. I would add another WR like you said and lower the points that a kicker can score.

its as low as it goes 3 pts for fg and 1 for xp. its just so focking random.

You tell me your top 10 pk next yr, and I will guarantee 7 of them are not in the top 10

its as low as it goes 3 pts for fg and 1 for xp. its just so focking random.

You tell me your top 10 pk next yr, and I will guarantee 7 of them are not in the top 10

I agree with you, but it does offer a different element to the fantasy experience. You could say the same thing about Defenses each year too.

Gonna put this to vote in one of my leagues. Will add a 3 WR in its place. It makes sense right? WTF knows whether a PK is gonna score you 20 points or 1 pt from week to week. (Justin Tucker). They are drafted with the last pick in the draft and no one really knows who the fock the top 5 PK are going to be from yr to yr, It's a gimmick position and done in leagues because thats the way it has always been. I think the vote will pass if people think about it

i see no problem with it . the leagues i am in all of them only fg count from the kicker position . so i would vote yes

We got rid of kickers in 2 of my leagues a few years ago and no one has ever said they miss it. It's just so flukey, as you mentioned. People can say defenses are the same but matchups matter a lot more for D/ST even though there is a decent amount of variance due to D/ST touchdowns.

its just so focking random.

The difference between the No. 1 kicker (Gostkowski) and the No. 12 kicker (Gould) - and your scoring system mileage might vary - was only 29 points on the season, or just over 1.8 points per game. Tucker's "fluke" 22 point outing in Week 15 likely won a few semi-final games, but his 1 point performance in Week 16 didn't do much for your title hopes. Way too "focking random." Kill the kicker.
But TEs are different, of course. No flukes here. If you had Graham rostered, you averaged 7.4 points more per game than the poor slob who was stuck with the No. 12 TE (Fleener). Graham likely got you to the playoffs. Then came that Week 15 semi-final game where Tucker blew up, and Graham crapped the bed with just 2.5 "fluke" points. Meanwhile, the guy who started 18th-ranked Tim Wright was ringing up more than 14 points. And your season was over. On a "focking random" fluke. How is that fair? Get rid of TEs, too.
Now, about RBs ...

tried to get rid of kickers in both leagues but failed, the compromise was an adjustment to scoring....no points for XP's, all field goals = 2 points, misses under 50 yards= -1...under this format the 12th best kicker finished only 1.2 points per week behind the #1 performer

in 2012 the top 12 kickers made 89% of all kicks, that # drops dramatically to 65% for those over 50+ yards...i used those numbers to justify the scoring change

TE at least brings some strategy into the equation. PKs (and defenses for that matter) are complete crapshoots week to week and year to year.

Agree with most. PK is just too inconsistent a position. I guess most people just got used to have a starting spot for it. I will try to start some leagues with no PK next year.