Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Go 2nd team KC

Part of me thinks it's somewhat foolish/arrogant of the Chiefs to rest everyone. Why let a divisional foe get into the playoffs? Beat their ass down and make them earn it.

Part of me thinks it's somewhat foolish/arrogant of the Chiefs to rest everyone. Why let a divisional foe get into the playoffs? Beat their ass down and make them earn it.

Agreed. Allowing a division rival who already beat you walk in is not a good idea. I could see resting borderline injured players but everyone?

prob cause it doesnt matter to them, the Chargers would travel to KC only in the AFC championship, which is unlikely for either team

I'm really hoping Pittsburgh gets in....so I can really rip on Miami, SD, and Baltimore fans. :doublethumbsup:

I'm really hoping Pittsburgh gets in....so I can really rip on Miami, SD, and Baltimore fans. :doublethumbsup:

Do you really think Bob, Steve, Jerry, Mike and Josh are going to be upset?

I just want to say . . . Pittsburgh didn't deserve the playoffs. But missing them because San Diego beat a JV squad just rankles a little.

I will root against KC and San Diego in these playoffs, because that just sucks.

That is all.

I just want to say . . . Pittsburgh didn't deserve the playoffs. But missing them because San Diego beat a JV squad just rankles a little.

I will root against KC and San Diego in these playoffs, because that just sucks.

That is all.

Totally agree they should have taken care of Oakland or Minny and this wasn't even necessary.

but a great kicker missing a FG and the bogus call in overtime is maddening

wow how did this play not result in Chiefs ball

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/29/5254996/chargers-fake-punt-eric-weddle-gif

Either you stop progress and he doesn't get a first down or you don't stop progress and Chiefs win

wrong, Weddle's helmet came off before the ball was out, and after he crossed the 30, the ball was automatically dead at that point

The 7 players to the right of the kc snapper was an overload that should have been a re-kick at 5 yards closer.

Tough to miss the playoffs with that happening but the nfl will admit that mistake today for sure. Bill leavy nice job :)

I warned my sons before the day started yesterday that being a Steelers fan during the last two years meant one thing: A gut-wrenching fate. I told them that I expected both Baltimore and Miami to lose, but there was no way the Chargers were gonna lose to the Chiefs. I maintained that stance all day long, right up until Succop lined up for that FG. Even afterward I reminded them that I was just par for the course for Pittsburgh the last two years. The missed call on the illegal formation on the FG just adds salt to the wound. I didn't even have the heart to watch the OT, I had to drive home from the in-laws and knew what the result was going to be.

Something needs to be done with the Steelers. This habit of playing down to competition and losing to teams they have no business losing to needs to get fixed. Haley and Roethlisberger seem to be on the same page, but the age of the defense and the lack of intensity is killing the team. At this rate, they're going to be come the Cowboys.

wrong, Weddle's helmet came off before the ball was out, and after he crossed the 30, the ball was automatically dead at that point

Funny they never reviewed the spot or procession. You know it was a shittiy job by refs along with botched fg non call. That should have been reviewed period

Congrats enjoy the cheap win vs scrubs on second team

You have to be happy playing SD and not Pitt

Happy playing SD over anyone really. They looked horrible yesterday.

SD has been one of the better teams of late but looked shitty yesterday. Funny all the stiller fans complaining forget that SD lost week 1 to a junky(nfl issued an apology) fg penalty that lead to a Hou td in the last seconds. Or that the Nfl issued an apology after the 06 super bowl when Seattle got robbed by terrible calls, leading to a steeler win?! it happens to every team. The ref suck EVERY week. Its not a conspiracy against Pittsburgh!

Funny they never reviewed the spot or procession. You know it was a shittiy job by refs along with botched fg non call. That should have been reviewed period

Congrats enjoy the cheap win vs scrubs on second team

they didnt need to the line judge was right there, and a win is a win, maybe if the Squeelers could have not started 0-4 or handled the Dolphins in the snow it wouldnt have come down to this.

FWIW Chargers lost a game against Houston week 1 because of a bogus call on a FG attempt, that the NFL even stated was the wrong call, so it all evened out in the end.

as for cheap win, if you have any experience playing or even watching sports, you could see that coming. SD probably spent all morning watching other games, and probably went in just expecting to destroy the 2nd unit, cause thats what everyone expected, and they were in for a shock, once they adjusted they dominated them in the 2nd half. It happens all the time, the KC 2nd teamers had nothing to lose, and everything to prove, those arent teams you ever really wanna play. Its funny that everyone wants to mention the KC second unit, Marv Albert said it probably like 47 times yesterday, but not once did they mention the Chargers went into KC against the 1st string and took a victory against them

The Chargers are a team though that has played to the level of their competition

wins vs Phily, Denver, Indy, and KC 2x. While only losing 1 game by more than 8 pts, one thing you know when playing the Chargers, is that its going to come down to the final 3-4 minutes

They should've limited the AFC to five playoff teams this year

yah they should have, and last year Balt should have been eliminated, the NYG shouldnt have been allowed to win a SB over the Pats too

They should've limited the AFC to five playoff teams this year

Agreed none of these 8-8 deserves a chance

good thing there isnt an 8-8 team in the playoffs

Exactly

if you look at net points the top 6 teams in the AFC got in, and the top 5 in the NFC got in, only AZ who was no 6 didnt, but thats cause GB got the auto spot. In the NFC North, the only team with a + pt differential was the Lions with +11 which would rank them 13th while the Squeelers at +7 would be 14th

yah they should have, and last year Balt should have been eliminated, the NYG shouldnt have been allowed to win a SB over the Pats too

Touché.

SD has been one of the better teams of late but looked shitty yesterday. Funny all the stiller fans complaining forget that SD lost week 1 to a junky(nfl issued an apology) fg penalty that lead to a Hou td in the last seconds. Or that the Nfl issued an apology after the 06 super bowl when Seattle got robbed by terrible calls, leading to a steeler win?! it happens to every team. The ref suck EVERY week. Its not a conspiracy against Pittsburgh!

I think you should read the posts again. No one is suggesting a conspiracy. But if your team misses the playoffs the way the Steelers just did . . . it kinda sucks. Go ahead and hate the Steelers, but try not to read to much into disappointment.

This. Not counting our chickens before they hatch but San Diego is the team I wanna face as a Bengals fan. We beat them in their house earlier in the year & now they get a home playoff game versus the Chargers. Time to get off the schnide but with the playoff track record of the Bengals, nothing comes easy.