Sign in to follow this  
steel827

Will the NFL take away Mannings passing record?

There was a play that looked to me like a lateral for 6 or 7 yards. He was given the yardage as a pass. The NFL reviews each play and makes their official corrections. Manning was pulled after he broke the record by a yard. Anybody notice the play? Probably nothing but would the NFL have the b@lls to take the record away from the Mighty Manning.

Just my two pennies

It would be great if they did. Assuming he wins the SB this year he'd have little reason to come back and I own him on a couple dynasty teams :)

He will break it next year. He is the greatest player to ever play this game.

He will win the next two Super Bowls and shut his critics for good.

There was a play that looked to me like a lateral for 6 or 7 yards. He was given the yardage as a pass. The NFL reviews each play and makes their official corrections. Manning was pulled after he broke the record by a yard. Anybody notice the play? Probably nothing but would the NFL have the b@lls to take the record away from the Mighty Manning.

Just my two pennies

LMFAO, you can wish in 1 hand and shiiiiiit in the other. Mannings' record will fill your hand full of record breaking shiiiiiit first. Guaranfuckinteed

No way the NFL takes that record away from Peyton Manning ! He is the most powerful player in the league ! No Way ! I heard Goodell wears a Peyton Manning jersey to bed every night ! If Peyton would have came up a few yards short of breaking the record then they would have had a full blown investigation to search for those few yards and yes sir they would have found them ! Also while at nfl headquarters if Peyton Manning stops suddenly Goodell would go right up his a$$

The play with Decker was definately NOT a pass. Stat Correction Wednesday burns Manning worse than Fantasy owners throughout the season.

Drew Brees rejoice!

It stands...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000307771/article/peyton-mannings-passing-yards-record-will-stand

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning's single-season passing yards record will stand.

The NFL and Elias Sports Bureau reviewed Manning's 7-yard pass to Eric Decker during the first quarter of the Broncos' Week 17 victory and decided replays were not conclusive enough to rule the play a lateral.

"The stats crew at the game scored this play as a forward pass," league spokesman Michael Signora told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. "During the course of a season, there are many similar plays which could be reviewed by the Elias Sports Bureau, the league's official statistician. In this case, the determination of Elias is that the fairest resolution is for the ruling of the on-site stats crew to stand.

We applaud the decision.

The play was too close to reverse. Had Manning and the Broncos known at the time that those passing yards would be negated, he would have stayed in the game to ensure that the record would be broken.

It would have set a bizarre precedent for the statistics service to overturn a record that had stood for over two days.

Manning finished the season with 5,477 passing yards, only one more than Drew Brees' total from 2011.

In an era of offensive fireworks, Manning understands that his 2013 passing marks aren't exactly etched into the record books.

Why would the NFL take it away? Isn't that Blaine Gabbert's job?

No, no he's not.

From a PURE quarterbacking perspective hes very close. Of course, many around heere dont "get it" though and would rather use TEAM accomplishments as a gauge of QB quality. So, in their distorted world, Doug Williams & Dilfer are BETTER than Marino and Kelly and Tarkenton.

Morons.... :rolleyes:

• Like 1