Sign in to follow this  
Geezil

Bowe Bergdahl, traitor or patsy?

I have no doubt some will give them that welcome.

But its not like they were dropped off right back in Afghanistan to start leading again is the point.

So you are sticking to the story that they aren't free to walk around?

Hilarious.

I guess the only good thing about you quoting the dope is I get to see his BS claim about me being wrong and get a good laugh at it.

Apparently these guys were just dropped of in Afghanistan and are free to go wherever they want to...oh wait, no, they aren't.

I guess I was pretty much right on the money in what I have said.

So you are sticking to the story that they aren't free to walk around?

Hilarious.

Since I saw Newbie's quote of you, I will reply directly to you for this.

Please show me a link where they are free to go wherever they want?

I stick by my FACTUAL post that they are not just free to go wherever they want and leave the country.

My guess is you will come up with nothing more than snarky comments rather than actually proving me wrong. I know this because my post is completely factual.

Since I saw Newbie's quote of you, I will reply directly to you for this.

Please show me a link where they are free to go wherever they want?

I stick by my FACTUAL post that they are not just free to go wherever they want and leave the country.

My guess is you will come up with nothing more than snarky comments rather than actually proving me wrong. I know this because my post is completely factual.

Looked pretty free in the video. Do you have one showing them locked up somewhere? No? I guess I will stick with the video evidence we have, not the opinion of a hack trying to cover the fact Obama got rolled again.

Looked pretty free in the video. Do you have one showing them locked up somewhere? No? I guess I will stick with the video evidence we have, not the opinion of a hack trying to cover the fact Obama got rolled again.

Here you go, Sho Nuff. LOLOL You nailed it. Snarky and with no content. Just Hare Lip talking out of his ass again. :clap: :first:

Where did I ever claim they were "locked up"? Just as I suspected...no actual link to refute what I have really said.

Once again...read what I actually wrote...seems more like you are talking out your ass thinking I said things that I never did.

And its no "fact" that Obama got rolled again..its the opinion of the ultimate hack/one trick pony still trying to deny who he is.

It was part of a negotiation for overall peace...not just for the prisoner "swap" in which "our" guy is free...their 5 are under security restrictions in Qatar.

Now, what those restrictions really are...or how confident anyone is in them not going "missing" is another story.

Sending them to Qatar under security is "getting them back".

Why do some keep glossing over that fact...these guys are not just free to walk and go anywhere at this point.

Yeah...I really said these guys were locked up.

My first post you can go back to where I said some of what I read is that they "may" be detained in Qatar...after reading more I posted these two.

Once again, GP talking out his ass. Glad I could click "view anyway" long enough to prove that point yet again.

Where did I ever claim they were "locked up"? Just as I suspected...no actual link to refute what I have really said.

Once again...read what I actually wrote...seems more like you are talking out your ass thinking I said things that I never did.

And its no "fact" that Obama got rolled again..its the opinion of the ultimate hack/one trick pony still trying to deny who he is.

Locking them up is usually how one would prevent them from going wherever they want. Letting them drive around in SUVs wherever they want usually isn't a good way to keep tabs on them.

You think someone is keeping tabs on them and not letting them run around. So far you have nothing to back that up. What we do have is video of them doing whatever they want with no supervision.

You are the one talking out of your ass. Just admit your guy got rolled and move on. It will minimize your humiliation when these guys show up at some Taliban base in the next few weeks, Sport.

• Like 1

Locking them up is usually how one would prevent them from going wherever they want. Letting them drive around in SUVs wherever they want usually isn't a good way to keep tabs on them.

You think someone is keeping tabs on them and not letting them run around. So far you have nothing to back that up. What we do have is video of them doing whatever they want with no supervision.

You are the one talking out of your ass. Just admit your guy got rolled and move on. It will minimize your humiliation when these guys show up at some Taliban base in the next few weeks, Sport.

Nearly every normal article that is not out to just whine about Obama will tell you they are under security restrictions.

I will take that over your video of them just hanging out any day.

I think someone is keeping tabs on them based on the little bit of details of the "release" to Qatar that we have. You know, the actual facts, not the opinion of a hack based on a video clip. How is it you think there is no supervision because of a "video"? Oh wait, I know how...because it was Obama that brokered the deal.

My guy? Who is my guy? The president that I never voted for?

They may show up somewhere...as I said in what I quoted above...Im not sure how confident anyone is that they won't turn up missing.

Humiliation? Why would I be humiliated?

Unlike you, I can admit when I am actually wrong.

You, on the other hand, have proven over the years you simply can't do that.

That was a fun little exercise in proving you are again just a complete hack who has nothing...back to the usual. Im sure your next reply will be just like all of yours...offering no actual link, or substance to back up your claim or refute the facts I have laid out.

I didn't realize ABC News was full of right wing hacks.

ETA: would these articles you speak of, but not link to, be written prior to this new video of them driving around unsupervised? If so, it would seem they are out of date and completely incorrect in their predictions of close supervision.

Obama said today that he has received “assurances that [Qatar] will put in place measures to protect our national security,” and a senior Defense official told ABC that Qatar will be able to secure the detainees. They will also be subject to a travel ban for one year, the Defense official said.

It’s not entirely clear what freedom of movement and communication these now-former detainees will enjoy.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/05/what-the-u-s-gave-up-to-get-sgt-bowe-bergdahl-back/

You mean this ABCNews?

Sorry...couldn't resist proving you wrong yet again.

Carry on with your denial.

this ?

So you agree your alias boy is a completely obsessed hack...its about time you saw the light.

Qatar allowing freed Taliban men to move freely in country: Gulf official

(Reuters) - Qatar has moved five Afghan Taliban prisoners freed in exchange for a U.S. soldier to a residential compound and will let them move freely in the country, a senior Gulf official said on Tuesday, a step likely to be scrutinized by Washington.
U.S. officials have referred to the release of the Islamist militants as a transfer and said they would be subject to certain restrictions in Qatar. One of the officials said that would include a minimum one-year ban on them traveling outside of Qatar as well as monitoring of their activities.
"All five men received medical checks and they now live with their families in an accommodation facility in Doha," the Gulf source, who declined to be identified, told Reuters. "They can move around freely within the country."
Following the deal under which freed the last American soldier held in Afghanistan was freed, concerns have been expressed by some U.S. intelligence officials and congressional advisers over the role of the Gulf Arab state as a bridge between Washington and the world of radical Islam.
The Gulf official said the Taliban men, who have been granted Qatari residency permits, will not be treated like prisoners while in Doha and no U.S. officials will be involved in monitoring their movement while in the country.
"Under the deal they have to stay in Qatar for a year and then they will be allowed to travel outside the country... They can go back to Afghanistan if they want to," the official said.
The five, who had been held at the U.S. Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba since 2002, arrived in Qatar on Sunday where U.S. security personnel handed them over to Qatari authorities in the Al Udeid area west of Doha, site of a U.S. military base.
U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl had been held for nearly five years by Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan and his release followed years of on-off negotiations.
A diplomatic source said Qatar has flown in family members of the five released Taliban men and gave them accommodation paid for by the government.
On Sunday, Qatari Foreign Minister Khaled al-Attiyah told a news conference that Doha got involved in the case because it was a “humanitarian cause". He did not elaborate.

Wow, a whole year before they can leave Qatar. I am sure these guys won't be any trouble at all.

He fared quite well on the world stage with Bin Laden. Oh, and he also has a Nobel Peace Prize. And hasn't started any wars.

Me thinks your view of the world stage is a bit blurry, Hare Lip.

Yup, until he outed the navy seals who carried out the mission and the Pakistan Dr who fingered him. That Dr. remains in jail today. Good job Obama, Newbie is proud of you.

Qatar allowing freed Taliban men to move freely in country: Gulf official

(Reuters) - Qatar has moved five Afghan Taliban prisoners freed in exchange for a U.S. soldier to a residential compound and will let them move freely in the country, a senior Gulf official said on Tuesday, a step likely to be scrutinized by Washington.
U.S. officials have referred to the release of the Islamist militants as a transfer and said they would be subject to certain restrictions in Qatar. One of the officials said that would include a minimum one-year ban on them traveling outside of Qatar as well as monitoring of their activities.
"All five men received medical checks and they now live with their families in an accommodation facility in Doha," the Gulf source, who declined to be identified, told Reuters. "They can move around freely within the country."
Following the deal under which freed the last American soldier held in Afghanistan was freed, concerns have been expressed by some U.S. intelligence officials and congressional advisers over the role of the Gulf Arab state as a bridge between Washington and the world of radical Islam.
The Gulf official said the Taliban men, who have been granted Qatari residency permits, will not be treated like prisoners while in Doha and no U.S. officials will be involved in monitoring their movement while in the country.
"Under the deal they have to stay in Qatar for a year and then they will be allowed to travel outside the country... They can go back to Afghanistan if they want to," the official said.
The five, who had been held at the U.S. Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba since 2002, arrived in Qatar on Sunday where U.S. security personnel handed them over to Qatari authorities in the Al Udeid area west of Doha, site of a U.S. military base.
U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl had been held for nearly five years by Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan and his release followed years of on-off negotiations.
A diplomatic source said Qatar has flown in family members of the five released Taliban men and gave them accommodation paid for by the government.
On Sunday, Qatari Foreign Minister Khaled al-Attiyah told a news conference that Doha got involved in the case because it was a “humanitarian cause". He did not elaborate.

Wow, a whole year before they can leave Qatar. I am sure these guys won't be any trouble at all.

I doubt this will make Obama lovers change their stance, although they will have to change their arguments.

• Like 1

So you agree your alias boy is a completely obsessed hack...its about time you saw the light.

woooooosh

I doubt this will make Obama lovers change their stance, although they will have to change their arguments.

Sho Nuff will continue to tote the water for Obama because Obama said they would be unable to move around unsupervised. And we all know if Obama says something it has to be true.

I guess the only good thing about you quoting the dope is I get to see his BS claim about me being wrong and get a good laugh at it.

Apparently these guys were just dropped of in Afghanistan and are free to go wherever they want to...oh wait, no, they aren't.

I guess I was pretty much right on the money in what I have said.

At this point in the thread, you be the 'dope' :lol:

• Like 1

My favorite part of this has been Bill O'Reilly saying Berghdal's dad "looks like a Muslim" :D

My favorite part of this has been Bill O'Reilly saying Berghdal's dad "looks like a Muslim" :D

I am fairly certain everyone said that.

At this point in the thread, you be the 'dope' :lol:

For ever trying to actually talk to GP...yeah. other than that, my posts on the topuc have been dead on balls accurate.

For ever trying to actually talk to GP...yeah. other than that, my posts on the topuc have been dead on balls accurate.

:first:

Funniest post of the day.

You guys have no focking clue what happened so you really should just shut it.

Always a good laugh :lol:

ALL KILLED IN ACTION SEARCHING FOR BERGDAHL:

PFC Matthew Michael Martinek,Died September 11, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 20, of DeKalb, Ill.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Sept. 11 at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany, of wounds sustained in Paktika province, Afghanistan, Sept. 4 when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised-explosive device followed by a rocket-propelled grenade and small arms fire.

Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss,Died August 26, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 27, of Murray, Utah; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Aug. 26 in Sar Howzeh, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when he was shot while his unit was supporting Afghan security forces during an enemy attack.

SSG Clayton Bowen,Died August 18, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 29, of San Antonio; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Aug. 18 in Dila, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Also killed was Pfc. Morris L. Walker.

PFC Morris Walker,Died August 18, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 23, of Chapel Hill, N.C.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Aug. 18 in Dila, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Also killed was Staff Sgt. Clayton P. Bowen.

SSG Michael Murphrey,Died September 6, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 25, of Snyder, Texas; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Sept. 6 in FOB Sharana, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. were ALL KIA FROM OUR UNIT WHO DIED LOOKING FOR Bergdahl .

Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl.

Yeah heard that talking point too. He was a POW, not a hostage.

The Pentagon never classified him as a POW, Sport.

That's interesting stuff. I do think maybe he should be charged with desertion. I suppose you could say he's been punished quite a bit ready with five years in enemy captivity but I realize desertion is quite a serious crime in the military.

I'm not too sure what all of that has to do with brining a POW home though. Seems like you're trying to put the cart before the horse there Google Pilot

Why do you think he was never classified as a POW?

Well I don't know that he wasn't because you didn't provide a link.

But even assuming you are right on that, how am I supposed to answer that question? I have no idea how the Pentagon distinguished between POW, MIA, etc. Could be something quite technical too, like he can't be a POW because there was never a formal declaration of war by Congress. :dunno:

Googie in full semantics mode. My favorite time in all threads. :clap:

Googie in full semantics mode. My favorite time in all threads. :clap:

Worms tried to justify this trade by calling him a POW. He has never been classified as POW, so it would seem that Worms is the one playing word games, Sport.