Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

Obama administration proposes race-based legal system in Hawaii

President Barack Obamas administration has quietly suggested it is willing to create a two-tier race-based legal system in Hawaii, where one set of taxes, spending and law enforcement will govern one race, and the second set of laws will govern every other race.

The diversity proposal is portrayed as an effort to create a separate in-state government for people who are native Hawaiians.

If Obama succeeds, whats to prevent creating similar [self-governing racial] groups out of say, Cajuns, or Orthodox Jews or Amish? said Gail Heriot, a commissioner on the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.

If you can do that with groups that are already part of the mainstream, you can balkanize the country, said Heriot, who is a law professor at the University of San Diego.

But the proposed measure to increase legal diversity is illegal because the president doesnt have the power to grant one group of Americans the status of a separate government, she said.

There is no constitutional basis for conferring such status, and Congress has repeatedly refused to confer this status, said Carissa Mulder, a spokeswoman for two members of the federal Commission on Civil Rights.

This seems to be yet another case of the Obama administration ignoring the law to achieve its policy objectives, she added.

The move was announced Friday before Memorial Day as White House officials and congressional Democrats stepped up predictions that the president will try to bypass congressional opposition to his progressive policy preferences.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/27/obama-administration-seeks-race-based-government-in-hawaii/?intcmp=latestnews

Hopefully Sharia law is next.

Then he'll have to put them on reservations. :o

This has to be a joke, right? Not even Obama is this dumb.

I can't find anything on this from any news source other than Fox. A Google search does pull up tons of political pundits citing the Fox story, including Stormfront.org which is I believe a white supremacist site.

So I'm going to assume Fox misleadingly ran this story without any explanation or context just to work folks like you and Phur into a lather. By the time another source has updated / completed this story you two will have already moved on to newer sissy slap fight fake outrage threads.

:thumbsup:

Native Hawaiians have been threatening to form their own government for a long time, perhaps more loudly than any other minority group. Except maybe Texans. But I haven't heard anything about this "two-tier" system locally - the Akaka Bill has been around forever, and is annually rejected.

I can't find anything on this from any news source other than Fox. A Google search does pull up tons of political pundits citing the Fox story, including Stormfront.org which is I believe a white supremacist site.

So I'm going to assume Fox misleadingly ran this story without any explanation or context just to work folks like you and Phur into a lather. By the time another source has updated / completed this story you two will have already moved on to newer sissy slap fight fake outrage threads.

:thumbsup:

Not the first time the rightie hack site has caught that lemming, phurfur. P.T. Barnum described phurfur perfectly.

I guess Obama is being really quiet about it then...just like fox said.

So quiet that nobody else has ever heard of it.

This has to be a joke, right? Not even Obama is this dumb.

Maybe THIS is his Waterloo

How is this any different than the sovereign native american nations that already exist within US borders?

This law just gives native Hawaiians the same rights afforded all other natives?

From the article I guess no one read it.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201404&RIN=1090-AB05

Does anyone remember the melting pot?

United we stand, divided we fall

Did you actually read it?

That it was to "reestablish" government to government relations.

Not that Obama was proposing anything actually new....or "race based legal system"...and so on.

But...continue your whining if you want.