Sign in to follow this  
thekris

Watkins vs. Evans

Watkins. I think Evans has limited upside. One of them being he played with a mobile QB who hit him on deep throws from well outside the pocket in the NCAA. That won't be happening with the QB's currently in Tampa. There are several rookie WR's I have rated higher than Evans because of this. He has the tools, but he doesn't have a QB with a good deep arm, or one who is going to scramble while Mike runs around to get open.

tough call because you have to guess who the Bills get to play QB after they scrap the Manuel project in a year. McCown is very capable to will utilitze VJax and Evans, and I'd bet Evans has the better rookie year.

Tough question . Depends on the QB situation . Talent be talent I like Watkins more .

I like Watkins this year and even more in the future without EJ. I know that last night people got down on Watkins's prospects this year. Maybe the had hopes too high but I'd still take him in front of Evans this year. The biggest strength Watkins has over Evans this year is targets. Watkins is going to get targeted all over the field. I don't think that it is too much to think that Watkins gets almost 10 looks a game and even with a limited catch rate he will still catch a lot of balls and with his talent will make some plays.

That is a question I have been wondering since I have the 1.01 pick in the rookie draft.

But after seeing headlines over the past few days, I may be conisdering Cooks as the top guy.

It seems the more I read about Manuel struggling, the more I am tempted to not take Watkins, even though I have been eyeing him for months. Evans, for whatever reason (maybe it is QB situation), does not excite me. But Cooks...he is doing great and he has one of the best in the league throwing him the ball. Somebody please convince me to stay with Watkins!

It seems the more I read about Manuel struggling, the more I am tempted to not take Watkins, even though I have been eyeing him for months. Evans, for whatever reason (maybe it is QB situation), does not excite me. But Cooks...he is doing great and he has one of the best in the league throwing him the ball. Somebody please convince me to stay with Watkins!

Draft watkins :guntohead:

I made this choice before the draft and I'm rolling with Watkins. If you want to see why, read my draft profiles on the two receivers.

One interesting nugget: only four true freshman have ever been named to the AP All-American first team - Herschel Walker, Marshall Faulk, Adrian Peterson...and Watkins.

TFG,

Do you have a link to your profiles? And if it were done before the draft, do you think that landing spots/quarterbacks would have influenced your preferences?

Thanks.

Here you go:

http://www.fftoday.com/blog/2014/04/01/wr-sammy-watkins-draft-profile/

http://www.fftoday.com/blog/2014/04/03/wr-mike-evans-draft-profile/

They were done before the draft. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Evans outperforms him this year, all things considered. But from a prospect standpoint, a player like doesn't come around all that often, so I guess the answer to your second question is no in this case.

Thanks. I ended up taking Watkins. My draft finished like this:

1.1-Watkins

1.6-Hyde

2.2-Matthews

2.3-West

2.6-Benjamin

3.2-Bortles

I think it was successful.

Thanks. I ended up taking Watkins. My draft finished like this:

1.1-Watkins

1.6-Hyde

2.2-Matthews

2.3-West

2.6-Benjamin

3.2-Bortles

I think it was successful.

I should say so. Even if Hyde ends up being just another 49er RB pick to sit behind Gore for a year or two more (I expect Gore to be gone after this year), I think you are still getting two stud WRs in Watkins and Matthews and a flex starter at worst this year with West.

Which rookie WR will go on to have the better career in the NFL?

Think EJ Manual and there is your answer.