Sign in to follow this  
AnaheimRams

How many of y'all listen to "Fantasy Radio" on Sirius/XM?

Just wondering...

I've been spending way more than normal amounts of time in my truck and it's on almost constantly. Some of the hosts and guests are good... some of them are awful.

The callers though... man! Listen to the questions they ask (that they waited on hold for an hour to ask) and you'll realize how just doing a little research and slogging around a few msg boards puts you (us) in an ELITE class off FF player.

When I got my new car a few years back it came with free few months of sirius. I played nfl/fantasy radio exclusively and loved it. Mostly drivel but its still fun to listen to. I now work from home so no need for radio but if I commuted id have it for sure.

We get Doug Orth on there as a guest from time to time but I don't have Sirius radio so I don't get a chance to listen too often. I'm sure it would be on 24 hours a day if I had it.

Ya Mike I just got it last week and I cant believe I didn't get it years ago. I do a lot of driving in the day so I get a lot of use out of it.

I agree on the questions... I hate the 2 QB league, along with the should I keep 2 out the these 5 guys in these rounds ?

The questions on fantasy radio shows are a billion times worse than the bad questions on the mange bored, and thats seriously saying something.

"So my league has a flex, should i start dexter mccluster, oaklands defense, or peyton manning?"

I listen during football season only.

I like some more than others but can honestly say I dont hate any of them (except for MJD - he's focking worthless). Not a huge Nando DiFino fan either.

90% calls are from complete idiots

9% good calls

1% great calls

Love it. The only reason I have xm. But yea, some of the calls are ridiculous. And the 2 qb draft they did was pretty dumb. Not really enough 2 qb leagues out there, so pretty much a waste. But overall love listening. John Hansen is probably my favorite. Some of the roto guys can get annoying.

I listen during football season only.

I like some more than others but can honestly say I dont hate any of them (except for MJD - he's focking worthless). Not a huge Nando DiFino fan either.

90% calls are from complete idiots

9% good calls

1% great calls

Two things I hear repeatedly from on-air talent seriously annoy me.

1) Answering who should i draft/keep questions where the hosts stray far away from their own rankings. Makes me think they either don't research their own rankings or just pulled them out of their hiney.

2) "Is this a PPR league? Well, then you need to grab WR's early because they're worth more." Or... "Passing TD's are 6 points? That's great value for QB's then, make sure you grab one early even if it's not one of the top guys." Hear this ALL THE TIME. Supremely stupid.

I could also do w/out the "hot" chicks they have on all the time. It's radio... I can't see them and their analysis and opinions are awful. What's the point?

I only listen between 6am-10am (about an hour), during lunch 1130-1pm, & between 4-6pm (about an hour).

Maybe a little on the weekends.

I've never heard the pron stars but am aware of their schitty show (s).

- this is being simulcast 24/7 by my cable provider ... a few hours of "live" hosts, but mostly just the radio transmission with a hideous looking subwoofer/speaker on the screen ... it's ridiculous.

Scott Engel, in the morning, is a complete fockin' jackwagon ... dude is a total fool, makes it unbearable :nono: