Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

What do you think of this?

"Don't fly much"? :lol: Again you are proving how out of touch you are. I've taken a whole helluva lot more flights than your average person. Maybe not as many as Bert The High Roller!!@ but I can live with that

No it shows your ignorance. Bert isn't a highroller in terms of flying but in your sheltered inexperienced world I am not surprised that you think that.

:doh:

DING ! DING ! DING ! Yes, those exit row seats are there because nobody wants the extra room. Holy smokes.

They're shown as available because airlines don't assign them before 24 hours prior to the flight... just like I said originally... at which point I'm online trying to get one of those seats that I fit in before a 5'8" guy who fits everywhere takes it.

There are exceptions in the bulkhead seating for travelers with mobility issues (easier to access for wheelchairs etc) provided the bulkhead isn't an exit.

I pay extra on every flight that I can to get those seats. Hell, I pay extra when I have to fly Southwest for the chance that I might get one of those seats. But you can't book them when you make your reservation. And if the #s aren't in your favor 24 hours prior, you lose.

There's no arguing a simple point like common courtesy. A person either believes in it or doesn't.

I can choose exit row seats and bulkhead seats when I buy tickets. Not sure what the difference is.

So am I high rolling on the public dime or am I poor slob who should probably just shot the fock up because he can't afford to fly first class? Try to keep your insults straight, dummy :lol: :doh:

You tried to mock him for acting like a high roller for flying a lot......and then told us how you fly a lot.

You are a low-level govt paper pusher who has the impression you are important and should be able to travel without dealing with the public and the things that go along with traveling. For some reason you feel others need to go out of their way so you can be comfy.

Reminds me of the lady with the guitar in Airplane.

I looked for it. Couldn't find it. So I offer the best two minutes.

You tried to mock him for acting like a high roller for flying a lot......and then told us how you fly a lot.

You are a low-level govt paper pusher who has the impression you are important and should be able to travel without dealing with the public and the things that go along with traveling. For some reason you feel others need to go out of their way so you can be comfy.

:rolleyes:

I can choose exit row seats and bulkhead seats when I buy tickets. Not sure what the difference is.

Next time choose them and wait for the prompt that tells you that you can't pre-select those seats.

There's every possibility that the particular airline you fly is different; I don't fly them all nor do I know who you use. But I'm intimately familiar with how it works for tall people on US Air, United, American and Southwest (where there is no assigned seating; I rarely fly with them). At each of those airlines, those seats are held until 24 hrs prior. You can then pay extra for one of them or wait and take your chances at the gate. I don't take chances, so I pay more than my fellow passengers in order to have enough room to sit down.

I'm relating to you the realities of travel for a person my height.

Beyond that, like I've already said, common courtesy and civility are either things a person subscribes to or they don't.

I find that common courtesy and respect works for me when flying (or anything else). However, when there are a-holes that are around me, I have something that I travel with, which is a great equalizer...

I have the most vicious silent-but-violent farts that can cause an entire cabin to cave to my demands.