Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

What do you think of this?

Nobody ever said you should never recline (or take the seat out of its default position). Just don't be a self centered a-hole about it is all. Take a peek back, be aware of your surroundings. If there is nobody behind you go for it, if there is obvious room go for it, etc. If it is questionable for any reason simply say "It this bothers you let me know" and then recline. It's not difficult.

I got no problem with this either, but don't be a behind me and say no so you can work or cause it might take up a couple of inches of your precious leg room. Flying is cramped no matter what, but I'm aware of this going in. It's part of the package of getting me from point A to B quicker. I'll live with it and so should everyone else.

The seat reclines and person sitting in the seat has the power to control it. If you don't want the person sitting in front of you to use it, you're making a special request. It's on you, the requestee, to ask. Not the other way around.

The seat reclines and person sitting in the seat has the power to control it. If you don't want the person sitting in front of you to use it, you're making a special request. It's on you, the requestee, to ask. Not the other way around.

I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend?

Nobody ever said you should never recline (or take the seat out of its default position). Just don't be a self centered a-hole about it is all. Take a peek back, be aware of your surroundings. If there is nobody behind you go for it, if there is obvious room go for it, etc. If it is questionable for any reason simply say "It this bothers you let me know" and then recline. It's not difficult.

Just like one shouldn't slam the tray table back up as hard as they can. That's just not needed. Be polite and easily put the table back up as to not disturb your fellow man.

Nobody here has said they do not take note of their surroundings.

You seem to think you can dictate how someone else uses a product they paid for.

:thumbsup:

Recliner Pilot - finally we have a subject that he's an expurt on!

:lol:

You seem to think you can dictate how someone else uses a product they paid for.

It's not about dictating how somebody uses a product. I fully support someone having the 'right' to be an asshole. :)

It's not about dictating how somebody uses a product. I fully support someone having the 'right' to be an asshole. :)

Of course you do... the in the scenario is YOU! :P

in a seat, that reclines, the expectation is that someone will recline.

in a seat, with a cup holder, the expectation is that someone will put a drink in the cup holder

in a seat, with a light, the expectation is that someone will turn that light on and off

this seem so common sense to me. :dunno:

I fully support the right for someone to be a cuntt about me reclining. God bless America and self righteous dooshbags. :thumbsup:

I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend?

Because there is a bunch of retreads in this here threada

I love the self entitled dooshbags that sit behind me. I'm entitled to use my laptop, I'm entitled to my space, I'm entitled to be comfortable, but you are not entitled to utilize what you paid for or what the airlines provide. Focking fantastic. I'll put it upright so you can eat, but the rest is at my discretion not yours. Sorry.

Fact is, the airline double sells that space to the person sitting in the seat and the person in front who can recline into that space. So fock the airline for that, but they ain't changing it.

So be that as it may, who is more entitled to that space? The person who needs it for legroom and just general breathing room between their face and the back of your greasy dandruff-infested scalp? Or the guy in front, who thinks maybe he'd like to tilt his seat back a bit?

To me the answer is obvious :dunno:

in a seat, that reclines, the expectation is that someone has the option to recline.

in a seat, with a cup holder, the expectation is that someone will put a drink in the cup holder

in a seat, with a light, the expectation is that someone will turn that light on and off

this seem so common sense to me. :dunno:

Of course it's common sense that a person has the option to use the seat in that way. The only point is that if by using that option it is being overly disruptful to your fellow man, then don't use said option. :dunno:

Fact is, the airline double sells that space to the person sitting in the seat and the person in front who can recline into that space. So fock the airline for that, but they ain't changing it.

So be that as it may, who is more entitled to that space? The person who needs it for legroom and just general breathing room between their face and the back of your greasy dandruff-infested scalp? Or the guy in front, who thinks maybe he'd like to tilt his seat back a bit?

To me the answer is obvious :dunno:

It is obvious. The airline sold me a seat that reclines. The ticket doesn't say it reclines only with the permission of those behind me. They sold me a product for my use. They sold you one also. If you choose not to use that product as intended, then that's your choice. I paid a lot of money for comfort and the ability to utilize the chair as it was made. Guess what's going to happen???? Do people not know this before they fly?

Of course it's common sense that a person has the option to use the seat in that way. The only point is that if by using that option it is being overly disruptful to your fellow man, then don't use said option. :dunno:

How about this. If it's so disruptive to you, maybe this is not the best mode of transportation for you. Maybe you are the bigger problem. Everyone knows how plane seats work. Plan accordingly would be my best advice.

It is obvious. The airline sold me a seat that reclines. The ticket doesn't say it reclines only with the permission of those behind me. They sold me a product for my use. They sold you one also. If you choose not to use that product as intended, then that's your choice. I paid a lot of money for comfort and the ability to utilize the chair as it was made. Guess what's going to happen???? Do people not know this before they fly?

Yes but they also sold ME a seat with a modest amount of space in front for my legs to go, for me to be able to eat, read a book, or whatever, and for just general breathing room between my face and the smelly bastard in front of me. What right do YOU have to take that from me?

Someone is sure being "entitled" here, but it ain't me! It's the fella who doesn't give a fock about the consequences his actions have on the guy behind him

If you want to be treated like a princess on your flight, THEN BUY A TICKET IN FIRST CLASS!

How about this. If it's so disruptive to you, maybe this is not the best mode of transportation for you. Maybe you are the bigger problem. Everyone knows how plane seats work. Plan accordingly would be my best advice.

That's focking stupid. People HAVE to fly in this day and age. I'm not hooking focking oxen up to the wagon Oregon-trail style and traveling two months to a business meeting just so I can have a little focking breathing room :lol: :doh:

If you want to be treated like a princess on your flight, THEN BUY A TICKET IN FIRST CLASS!

Most of us can't afford it, at least not on a regular basis. Doesn't give you the right to be a b1tch

That's focking stupid. People HAVE to fly in this day and age. I'm not hooking focking oxen up to the wagon Oregon-trail style and traveling two months to a business meeting just so I can have a little focking breathing room :lol: :doh:

so it's you!? middle management doofus who thinks he important on his business trip in coach! I bet your focking boss in first class paid that curry-smellin' lady in front of you to recline!

Yes but they also sold ME a seat with a modest amount of space in front for my legs to go, for me to be able to eat, read a book, or whatever, and for just general breathing room between my face and the smelly bastard in front of me. What right do YOU have to take that from me?

Someone is sure being "entitled" here, but it ain't me! It's the fella who doesn't give a fock about the consequences his actions have on the guy behind him

I'm entitled to what I paid for. No more no less. If the chair they sold me reclines, then that's what I'm entitled to. You want all the space in front of you for your comfort, to hell with mine. I'm assuming the chair and how it works is what I'm entitled to or they wouldn't let it recline into "your" space. If I recline, you recline. Makes up for "your" space. You know, what you're entitled to do.

Most of us can't afford it, at least not on a regular basis. Doesn't give you the right to be a b1tch

Nor being a b'tch. I've already said if someone was to ask politely, I would probably honor the request. But it's on the person making the request to ask.

If you want to be treated like a princess on your flight, recline all the way back, not have to worry about the people around you THEN BUY A TICKET IN FIRST CLASS!

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Then stop bitching about the way others use their chair. I already said I'd put it up so people can eat, or if it is buried in your knees...for tall people, but not for laptop, or working, or just because you dont like it.

Just because you aren't successful enough to travel in the manner in which you think you are entitled it isn't on others to make sacrifices to make sure you are comfy.

If an elderely woman happens to be sitting beside me with her sweater on shaking she's cold, I normally don't turn my air thingy on right beside her either. Even though it's my air thingy that I paid for!@#! and have the rightful option to use. But I'm considerate like that.

I fully support the right for someone to be a cuntt about me reclining. God bless America and self righteous dooshbags. :thumbsup:

I will use my knees and block you every time. I know the seat reclines and prevent it from reclining every time. I'll cunttt up every chance I can get.

I will use my knees and block you every time. I know the seat reclines and prevent it from reclining every time. I'll cunttt up every chance I can get.

so that's what you do?

you don't actually try to speak to the person civilly? Kinda' sad. Ask him, if he's a doosh about it, then give him the knees... but nope, you both have b.b. balls and play a woman's passive aggressive game.

so it's you!? middle management doofus who thinks he important on his business trip in coach! I bet your focking boss in first class paid that curry-smellin' lady in front of you to recline!

I work in public service. Would you like your tax dollars to go towards my first class ticket? Seems pretty wasteful to me

So be it. Dont get up or expect to eat or rest your beverage on the tray without problems then. It goes both ways.

If an elderely woman happens to be sitting beside me with her sweater on shaking she's cold, I normally don't turn my air thingy on right beside her either. Even though it's my air thingy that I paid for!@#! and have the rightful option to use. But I'm considerate like that.

I especially love it when I get families on the plane and they try to recline - I give the Mom and kids the knees everytime even if it means I can't finish my TPS reports before my connection flight.

so that's what you do?

you don't actually try to speak to the person civilly? Kinda' sad. Ask him, if he's a doosh about it, then give him the knees... but nope, you both have b.b. balls and play a woman's passive aggressive game.

Do you really think that's a workable solution? Every time somebody gets on the airplane they have a little negotiating session with the person in front of them over whether and to what precise degree that person may recline? C'mon now, you have more sense than that

I especially love it when I get families on the plane and they try to recline - I give the Mom and kids the knees everytime even if it means I can't finish my TPS reports before my connection flight.

Now you have to do a cover sheet too :mad:

Neither would I. That would cause physical discomfort. I've already said this. Discomfort I wouldn't. Just being cramped then suck it up.

I can't count how many times I've flown. I've never had a problem with the seat or another passenger. If someone asked me nicely, I would pull the seat up with no problems. If someone behind me tried to prohibit me from reclining by putting their knees up, I would spend the rest of the flight trying to recline my seat till it was down or the miserable fawk behind me was exhausted from the effort of keeping my seat in the upright posistion.

Do you really think that's a workable solution? Every time somebody gets on the airplane they have a little negotiating session with the person in front of them over whether and to what precise degree that person may recline? C'mon now, you have more sense than that

No people don't. I've flown plenty where nobody said anything and just plowed back. I don't get my panties twisted though. See, that's their right to do so.