Sign in to follow this  
phillygrrl08

Goodell should resign

Bills sold for 1.4b, who cares about public sentiment. NFL is fine, the owners are making money, everyone loves Roger. Sure women's organizations are calling for him to step down at the threat of a boycott. Who cares, stupid women. Oh wait, Women account for a significant amount of revenue for the league?!? Oh well, the bros will make up for it. Oh wait, this situation is also causing a lot of bros to hate the NFL, well they're pvssues any way. Bills just sold for 1.4b, everything is good. Bros before hoes...

Everyone does not love Roger. Look at public opinion from players and NFL fans. At some point the shield won't be able to protect him. He is supposed to protect the shield but is doing a piss poor job of it. Instead the shied has protected him.

The corruption but also the brutality of the sport. The NFL took some major bad press over the concussion issue and it doesn't look like that will go away anytime soon. It's obviously doing well now but the league can't do anything it wants and still maintain that level of popularity.

I only cared about the original 2-game suspension for Rice in comparison to Gordon's season-long ban. What's worse though is the panicky way the league has just kept reacting to every last thing that happened. I've seen managers like Goodell, they usually don't last long.

Still a statement that makes zero sense to me.

Why?

Using the same ignorant statement that the league cares more about weed than woman beating?

The same ignorance that people think Weed gets you a year when beating a woman only gets you two games?

Or realize that smoking weed once (well, getting busted once) gets you 0 games.

Does he resign today or by 4pm Friday?

When he resigns does the indefinite suspension still stand since they saw the entire tape and gave him two games. How can they give a new suspension if they had seen the punch tape and ruled 2 games.

VOice mail from NFL exec saying "your right it's terrible" after watching the punch tape...in April.

Being reported that the NFL did get a copy of the video. If true, this will cost him his job.

The handling of this case has been an absolute embarrassment.

It might...but for what?

In the end, if he saw it, or didn't see it...had access to it or didn't.

What is the big deal? People pissed that he lied?

Pissed that he was wrong with 2 games?

He did nothing illegal...didn't hamper any criminal investigations...didn't lie actually under oath.

Just covered the league's butt in a league matter.

Looks bad and a terrible way to handle things...but in the end if he had said he had seen it...what changes?

Rice would still be cut...still be out of the league for a minimum of 2 games (and that is if any other team would touch him after the Ravens cut him).

So after all of it...what really has he done that is so egregious to people?

Its PR and public opinion of something other than the end result of what really happened or is happening.

Why?

Using the same ignorant statement that the league cares more about weed than woman beating?

The same ignorance that people think Weed gets you a year when beating a woman only gets you two games?

Or hitting a woman twice (one time) like Ray Rice did is way worse then getting busted 5 times for pot by the NFL. The NFL should have suspended him for a year. No matter how you slice it the public sees 2 games for Ray Rice knocking a woman completely out and Josh Gordon getting 16 games for smoking something that is legal in two states. He's an idiot for thinking the public would react differently.

If you think the booing he gets now is bad....just wait until the Giants are first on the clock at next year's draft.

Does he resign today or by 4pm Friday?

When he resigns does the indefinite suspension still stand since they saw the entire tape and gave him two games. How can they give a new suspension if they had seen the punch tape and ruled 2 games.

VOice mail from NFL exec saying "your right it's terrible" after watching the punch tape...in April.

From an NFL employee...nobody sure at this point who the employee is/was or if it was an exec.

Could very well be NFL got the tape...had some lackey watch it...say it was terrible and they say...well, we aren't going to watch so we can deny it later.

Though...too big of a paper trail to really deny at this point.

It might...but for what?

He did nothing illegal...didn't hamper any criminal investigations...didn't lie actually under oath.

Looks bad and a terrible way to handle things...but in the end if he had said he had seen it...what changes?

Rice would still be cut...still be out of the league for a minimum of 2 games (and that is if any other team would touch him after the Ravens cut him).

Its PR and public opinion of something other than the end result of what really happened or is happening.

Yeah, that is a big deal. The big deal is he lied and can't be trusted. The public will demand his firing and the NFL won't be able to protect him anymore. Of course, this is assuming he knew. Or incompetence may be enough. Just saying this is going to get worse before it gets better. People are going to start digging.

From an NFL employee...nobody sure at this point who the employee is/was or if it was an exec.

Could very well be NFL got the tape...had some lackey watch it...say it was terrible and they say...well, we aren't going to watch so we can deny it later.

Though...too big of a paper trail to really deny at this point.

What we have is two reports. One that the tape was given to an employee with the NFL. They will of course need to investigate to see who knew what. The 2nd is TMZ who called the NFL and offered them the tape before releasing it. Either way it looks really, really bad.

Or hitting a woman twice (one time) like Ray Rice did is way worse then getting busted 5 times for pot by the NFL. The NFL should have suspended him for a year. No matter how you slice it the public sees 2 games for Ray Rice knocking a woman completely out and Josh Gordon getting 16 games for smoking something that is legal in two states. He's an idiot for thinking the public would react differently.

I agree the suspension should have been worse to start with.

8 games minimum for domestic violence with a longer "sentence" if its as brutal as this is...they screwed that up from the very beginning.

The public sees it...but doesn't understand (well, most do, but some still try to equate Gordon as a first time offender rather than a 3 time offender of a policy that specifically states the punishment.

What is interesting to me is how the police/DA are not getting hammered more for not giving Rice more than the plea bargain he got away with.

Yeah, that is a big deal. The big deal is he lied and can't be trusted. The public will demand his firing and the NFL won't be able to protect him anymore. Of course, this is assuming he knew. Or incompetence may be enough. Just saying this is going to get worse before it gets better. People are going to start digging.

But how does him lying to protect himself really matter to people?

See...it does nothing to me...does not bother me one bit to know that a business owner who doesn't answer to me...lied to me.

If I am a shareholder in a company and the CEO lies about something that cost me money...sure, Im pissed.

If I am a consumer of a product...and the company that makes the product lied about something that endangered public safety...sure, Im pissed.

If a CEO lies to cover his and his company's butt about an internal investigation about something that did not affect the general public...I don't give a rat's ass.

What we have is two reports. One that the tape was given to an employee with the NFL. They will of course need to investigate to see who knew what. The 2nd is TMZ who called the NFL and offered them the tape before releasing it. Either way it looks really, really bad.

The TMZ thing means very little...seems they called before they released it recently...not back when the investigation happened.

What difference would it make if the NFL would have accepted TMZ's offer and viewed it last week?

The TMZ thing means very little...seems they called before they released it recently...not back when the investigation happened.

What difference would it make if the NFL would have accepted TMZ's offer and viewed it last week?

It would at least look like the NFL wasn't trying to not view the tape. They could have changed their stance stating due to new information which was given to them by TMZ, they are banning Ray Rice indefinitely. What good what it have done? Really? Do you not understand how this works? By getting out in front of this it would change the entire dynamic of the situation. Now there are questions which will need to be answered.

It might...but for what?

dude you're going from being really dense to being just an outright idiot. Let me explain to you in terms you might understand. Fairly confident you won't because you've backed yoruself into the dunce corner and the only option, much like Goodell, is to fight it out. THE WORLD IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE! IT's not about, he didn't do anything illegal, so it's all good. It's not about, the owners made lots of money on his watch, so he won't lose his job. Jesus christ have just a little bit of perspective. He's taken an extremely serious issue, well transcending just the NFL, and made a mockery of it. If it is proven that the league saw that video. it basically shows that he and the league care more about covering their asses than doing the right thing. That is not today, nor ever, will be acceptable with the public. Can you really not understand this?!? And you have the balls to talk about 3rd grade comprehension. WOW. Want to know what the next step is beyond people boycotting this league?!? Sponsors will start to drop. Because those other billion dollar organizations can't be associated with another organization that behaves in this manner. You want to play semantics and be stuck in the mud, go for it, not really any skin off anyone's back here. But just know that your position is beyond dumb. it's naive, simple, and shows an absolute lack of perspective. Back yourself into the corner more and when Goodell is finally ousted, spin it using semantics. Pretty par for the course for most on this board when they say dumb things that are utterly conflicting with reality. Then again, for some reality is a subjective thing. Eye of the beholder I suppose. Again, WOW...

But how does him lying to protect himself really matter to people?

See...it does nothing to me...does not bother me one bit to know that a business owner who doesn't answer to me...lied to me.

If I am a shareholder in a company and the CEO lies about something that cost me money...sure, Im pissed.

If I am a consumer of a product...and the company that makes the product lied about something that endangered public safety...sure, Im pissed.

If a CEO lies to cover his and his company's butt about an internal investigation about something that did not affect the general public...I don't give a rat's ass.

Again, are you living in an alternate universe? Are you not seeing how it matters to people right now? Look at the sheet storm it is causing. The public wants someone to pay. Goodell is at the top of the food chain. The story has a life of it's own now. You are trying to use how you feel and project that on everyone else. Again reality vs your fantasy.

It would at least look like the NFL wasn't trying to not view the tape. They could have changed their stance stating due to new information which was given to them by TMZ, they are banning Ray Rice indefinitely. What good what it have done? Really? Do you not understand how this works? By getting out in front of this it would change the entire dynamic of the situation. Now there are questions which will need to be answered.

So...basically, the same thing they did after the tape was released? And you think it would matter...people would be on them for not doing that in the first place.

Rice's hit was clearly in self defense. Doesn't Nevada have a stand your ground law?

dude you're going from being really dense to being just an outright idiot. Let me explain to you in terms you might understand. Fairly confident you won't because you've backed yoruself into the dunce corner and the only option, much like Goodell, is to fight it out. THE WORLD IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE! IT's not about, he didn't do anything illegal, so it's all good. It's not about, the owners made lots of money on his watch, so he won't lose his job. Jesus christ have just a little bit of perspective. He's taken an extremely serious issue, well transcending just the NFL, and made a mockery of it. If it is proven that the league saw that video. it basically shows that he and the league care more about covering their asses than doing the right thing. That is not today, nor ever, will be acceptable with the public. Can you really not understand this?!? And you have the balls to talk about 3rd grade comprehension. WOW. Want to know what the next step is beyond people boycotting this league?!? Sponsors will start to drop. Because those other billion dollar organizations can't be associated with another organization that behaves in this manner. You want to play semantics and be stuck in the mud, go for it, not really any skin off anyone's back here. But just know that your position is beyond dumb. it's naive, simple, and shows an absolute lack of perspective. Back yourself into the corner more and when Goodell is finally ousted, spin it using semantics. Pretty par for the course for most on this board when they say dumb things that are utterly conflicting with reality. Then again, for some reality is a subjective thing. Eye of the beholder I suppose. Again, WOW...

Dude...if you can't talk without the juvenile insults and backhanded crap you have been throwing around...move on.

Sponsors are not leaving this league. You want to sling insults and call me stupid...you make that remark. One sponsor leaves...3 others hop right on in hopes to cash in.

What semantics am I playing p00h? Going to throw out a claim without a single thing to back it up?

What corner did I back myself into. I have said he may lose his job if he is proven to be lying. Its possible. I don't think its probable.

So..>WOW...I don't agree with you and all you can do is sling insults and show your complete lack of maturity.

Congrats.

I have nothing further to say to you...fock off, seriously.

So...basically, the same thing they did after the tape was released? And you think it would matter...people would be on them for not doing that in the first place.

Yes. Now people think they have seen the tape or didn't want to so they wouldn't have to suspend Ray Rice longer. It's destroying the credibility of Goodell and the NFL. Not sure how you aren't getting this.

Again, are you living in an alternate universe? Are you not seeing how it matters to people right now? Look at the sheet storm it is causing. The public wants someone to pay. Goodell is at the top of the food chain. The story has a life of it's own now. You are trying to use how you feel and project that on everyone else. Again reality vs your fantasy.

Pay for what? For Ray Rice getting just 2 games originally?

Im trying to understand why people care so much about what a "CEO" did during an internal investigation that still ended up with a player being cut and suspended indefinitely?

The public is stupid is part of the problem

They like blood...but in the end, will they stop watching? Highly doubtful? Will enough sponsors leave for it to matter? No (because others will step right in).

Sho, I know it's kind of "your thing" to play the role of the board retard but, seriously, enough is enough.

Yes. Now people think they have seen the tape or didn't want to so they wouldn't have to suspend Ray Rice longer. It's destroying the credibility of Goodell and the NFL. Not sure how you aren't getting this.

The "credibility" of the NFL in what? Suspensions that people already complained about even when it was just 2 games? or before that when people complained that they suspend people willy nilly?

Sorry...that falls very low on my things to give a crap about.

Sho, I know it's kind of "your thing" to play the role of the board retard but, seriously, enough is enough.

Thank you for your dynamite contribution to the discussion.

Pay for what? For Ray Rice getting just 2 games originally?

Im trying to understand why people care so much about what a "CEO" did during an internal investigation that still ended up with a player being cut and suspended indefinitely?

The public is stupid is part of the problem

They like blood...but in the end, will they stop watching? Highly doubtful? Will enough sponsors leave for it to matter? No (because others will step right in).

It's bigger now then money. NFL's reputation is on the line. Money's important but this is bigger then that now. They care because they believe he lied and can't be trusted. You don't have to understand why people care. Just look at the internet. They care. You are underestimating how important trust is. Once it's gone it is almost impossible to get back.

The "credibility" of the NFL in what? Suspensions that people already complained about even when it was just 2 games? or before that when people complained that they suspend people willy nilly?

I'm well aware. But it doesn't fall low on things other people care about. Again, you aren't recognizing reality vs your own views/opinions.

It's bigger now then money. NFL's reputation is on the line. Money's important but this is bigger then that now. They care because they believe he lied and can't be trusted. You don't have to understand why people care. Just look at the internet. They care. You are underestimating how important trust is. Once it's gone it is almost impossible to get back.

Money is what drives all of this.

If the owners feel they will lose money...they will vote to impeach.

If not...he stays.

Can't be trusted to do what though? He does not do things that has to do with the general public.

You may get players saying they can't trust him...but what this ends up looking more like is he was trying to protect even the player (or how he can spin that to show that to players).

The public trusting a commish?

Again, I say, so what? How many trusted him before this?

It blows my mind that people give a damn about a sports commisioner lying about his investigation to cover the ass of his league. Really does.

I'm well aware. But it doesn't fall low on things other people care about. Again, you aren't recognizing reality vs your own views/opinions.

I do recognize the reality that the public is stupid and people care about dumb things when there are much bigger issues out there to worry about.

ya not important to you at all, yet you've been here the last 3 days typing gibberish away practically non stop. WOW

ya not important to you at all, yet you've been here the last 3 days typing gibberish away practically non stop. WOW

Yep. Is he always this dense?

Money is what drives all of this.

If the owners feel they will lose money...they will vote to impeach.

If not...he stays.

Can't be trusted to do what though? He does not do things that has to do with the general public.

You may get players saying they can't trust him...but what this ends up looking more like is he was trying to protect even the player (or how he can spin that to show that to players).

The public trusting a commish?

Again, I say, so what? How many trusted him before this?

It blows my mind that people give a damn about a sports commisioner lying about his investigation to cover the ass of his league. Really does.

You say so what, but people care so that's the reality of it. So what are you arguing now? Whether people should care or not? If there is proof he lied the owners won't be able to save him. He will 100% be fired.

Why?

I will spell it out for you: I think assault is a graver offense and more worthy or a year long is pension than a 2nd offense (I think Gordon failed 2x as a pro) for smoking weed. I'd guess that most people feel the same way.

he cares so little that he feels compelled to, with practically zero logic backing him, support the commish. He's a commish of a league, doesn't have to answer to anyone. CEOs don't answer to the public.So what if they're covering up something that is a significant issue in the public's eyes, above and beyond even just the NFL. He's well within his rights to 'protect the shield!' Even if they did it, I don't care. Except I'll sit here and argue with you, again with practically zero logic in my arguments, till my fingers bleed from typing, just to show you how little I care...

you're turning into a caricature sho nuff. My apologies for the insults, but seriously there's not much else left here to discuss except to call you dumb. You say, 'if you can't discuss without insults' or 'because I don't agree with you' etc, but all that only applies if you bring some logic to the table. Can't have a logical discussion with someone that is so far lost in space, it has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. You can't say a car is made of pudding and get mad at someone because they adamantly disagree with you. Your incoherent babble leaves very little to form a proper logical discourse. It leaves only for calling you out for what you're presenting here, which is stupidity. Again, my apologies, but that's all we have left here. I'll stop from even acknowledging it because it's clear it's going to be a round and round blabfest where one side has zero logical leg to stand on. Plus that side doesn't even care really about any of this, and nor should anyone else...

WOW

You should stop with this...you were actually able to be civil...don't stop now.

And there is a difference between voicing an opinion on a message board and caring enough about what a commish lied about to do anything.

Though, TD had it right...those of you complaining likely won't do anything different either...will you?

You say so what, but people care so that's the reality of it. So what are you arguing now? Whether people should care or not? If there is proof he lied the owners won't be able to save him. He will 100% be fired.

I don't think its 100% going to cost him.

And I don't think you will every find any 100% proof that he ever saw it.

I will spell it out for you: I think assault is a graver offense and more worthy or a year long is pension than a 2nd offense (I think Gordon failed 2x as a pro) for smoking weed. I'd guess that most people feel the same way.

Gordon failed at least 2...plus a DUI.

I find a DUI quite serious as well.

Oh, and 2 times as a pro now gets you 4 games...whereas first offense of assault is 6 games.

HTH...the league agrees assault is worse.

I don't think its 100% going to cost him.

And I don't think you will every find any 100% proof that he ever saw it.

It will without question. The 2nd part I agree with.