Sign in to follow this  
Runningriot1966

L. Bell

I have never watched this guy play a game on tv for some reason but this dude is one of the smoothest runners I have seen in awhile. I am impressed and next year this guy will be really high on my draft list. I like how he waits for a hole to open and then cuts to it with a huge burst.

I have never watched this guy play a game on tv for some reason but this dude is one of the smoothest runners I have seen in awhile. I am impressed and next year this guy will be really high on my draft list. I like how he waits for a hole to open and then cuts to it with a huge burst.

A little bit of Forte, a little bit of McCoy combined.

• Like 1

All I need out of Bell in the second half is about 200 yards and 4-5 TD's. Seems possible :dunno:

A little bit of Forte, a little bit of McCoy combined.

perfect description

Nah, he lacks their break away speed, as was evident on that 81 yard scamper. He is a stud though....let there be no doubt. Great value, as well.

Nah, he lacks their break away speed, as was evident on that 81 yard scamper. He is a stud though....let there be no doubt. Great value, as well.

81 yards is a looooong way to go, when a CB has an angle he is going to eventually catch you. Not like he was caught from behind. To go 81 yards you have to have breakaway speed of some kind right?

So what you are saying is Forte and Shaddy never get caught cause they are so fast. :dunno:

McCoy had 20 rushes for 22 yards today. He couldn't even break away from his OLine!

sorry man, when i think of breakaway speed, forte and shady dont immediately come to mind.

i think murf is spot on.

sorry man, when i think of breakaway speed, forte and shady dont immediately come to mind.

i think murf is spot on.

Have you really not seen either one of them two get behind the defense like Bell did while ago. They are gone.

i think murf is spot on.

Shady yes, forte no. Can't say McCoy doesn't have breakaway speed, he showed it last year. Not quite AP 5th gear but he can def come close. Ap and shady take bells 80yd run to the house. CJ2K (at least that year) takes it to the house while high stepping.

I am saying he is a mixture of the 2 styles of running of Forte and Shaddy, never said he was as fast as AP and CJ2K or Fast Willie or Reggie Bush. However, how many fricking 81 yard runs have there been this season by a RB?

Bell is about to bust a 90+ TD to shut up you doubters!!

Let's just say that he is Bell......and he is friggin' good.

Have you really not seen either one of them two get behind the defense like Bell did while ago. They are gone.

a lot of guys top out on a long run and slow a little in the 4th qtr on an 81 yard romp.

im not saying he's faster, just that their gm speeds are comparable.

i dont think the mix of attributes in the players murf offered had a lot to do w/ comparing speed anyway.

bell has the same hop step, his lateral agility is very similar to shady.

Shady yes, forte no. Can't say McCoy doesn't have breakaway speed, he showed it last year. Not quite AP 5th gear but he can def come close. Ap and shady take bells 80yd run to the house. CJ2K (at least that year) takes it to the house while high stepping.

im not saying shady aint fast, just saying it aint the first attribute that comes to mind when i think of shady.

I am thrilled to own him

yeah, to think some Steeler fans were crying that they passed on Lacy for Bell

Amazing how every fantasy football board was downgrading him before the season

...and Blount scores. I hate fantasy football.

Amazing how every fantasy football board was downgrading him before the season

mostly cause of the weed and the notion that Blount was going to be RBBC

mostly cause of the weed and the notion that Blount was going to be RBBC

Well, it kinda is. Blount had over 100 yards and vultured a score......although this was, admittedly, not a typical game.

Bell is smooth...Great hands. Makes a shake and then goes north south. Looks so much lighter than last yr. Quick in space, but not fast. A great pickup in fantasy this yr. Was worried about the Blount situation and held him as insurance to Bell in my dynasty league..

. Was worried about the Blount situation and held him as insurance to Bell

Me too. I think Blount is a MUST handcuff for Bell owners.

L Bell was really high on my list coming into this season . Just,ask the Stacy lovers . Heh

I got cute a few days ago listening to all the Sirius Radio experts saying to "buy low" on Lacey. So I offered the Lacey owner Bell as a straight up trade. He refused it. Something tells me He'll be reoffering back the trade come Tuesday.

I think you guys are over rating top end speed, I think seeing the hole and having darty quickness is just as important to top running speed. To me this guys is just smooth and we haven't seen the best of him just yet.

I heard the 81 yd run was the longest by a steeler in 44 years? Is that true?

I heard the 81 yd run was the longest by a steeler in 44 years? Is that true?

I heard that this morning. I guess the Bus never broke long ones.

I heard that this morning. I guess the Bus never broke long ones.

I'd have guessed that, but FWP? Barry Foster?

I think you guys are over rating top end speed, I think seeing the hole and having darty quickness is just as important to top running speed. To me this guys is just smooth and we haven't seen the best of him just yet.

I think in another game or 2 he will have a full 16 games under his belt.

There was one guy on this board that absolutely hates Bell, hated him last year hated him this year, called him pretty much slow with no moves, doesn't translate well to the NFL, this ain't the big 10, I mean over top stuff, not logical or objective

He was obsessed with the hatred for him. Wish I could remember who he was or have him step up and admit his blind hatred for the guy messed with his talent evaluation.

The guy was probably either a Michigan or Ohio State fan.

Either way I traded for Bell before this weekend and glad I did....slightly annoying though that Blount does nothing the first 2 weeks and then as soon as get Bell he vultures a touchdown.

The guy was probably either a Michigan or Ohio State fan.

Either way I traded for Bell before this weekend and glad I did....slightly annoying though that Blount does nothing the first 2 weeks and then as soon as get Bell he vultures a touchdown.

Blount vultured a td week 1 also.

add me to the impressed group.

First time I've watched a full game with him... he passes the eye test. Just because he's calm and patient doesn't mean he's "slow" and in the end, most of the "track stars" don't produce as RBs.

I read/hear a lot more about all these players than I ever see - I just don't have time to watch every game/player - and to me both K Benjamin and L Bell passed the eye test.

Really, what's the "eye test" you ask? It's when some weekend football fan like me can watch a game and see pretty easily that, "hey this guy looks better than everyone else".