Sign in to follow this  
ynotu

Are benched players "locked" at game time?

We have a fantasy league at NFL.com. I have Andre Williams (RB, NYG) on my bench. Will he be locked to my bench after the game starts, or can I drop him tomorrow for something else?

LOL how the are we supposed to know?

Go check your league rules...damn.

Maybe I wasnt specific enough, but the setting says that players are locked at game start, but I am wondering if that is applied to the benched players as well. I was able to drop Ray Rice mon. sep 8th for John Brown who played later that monday night, even if the Ravens played sun sep 7th. I think maybe it was because Ray Rice was dropped by the Ravens, but I'm not sure.

Ok, ty. Better get rid of him then. He's the only player I feel is droppable if one of my starters can't go on sunday.

You can most likely drop but he will be on waivers so no one can just add him same for if you wanted to add someone else who was benched or owned or whatever once game time comes. So might as well do add drop now or wait and do it on waivers next week

the locking is done for a very good reason, I used to take advantage of it bigtime and others did as well, it gave an unfair advantage imo, but I used it as long as I could

what I would do is (use this week as an example)

Weds: Add Andre Williams

Thurs: Jennings fine nothing major develops.

Friday: Drop Andre Williams add for example Damian Williams (someone from 10 am game) Watch that game, Miller comes out healthy, drop Williams and add Brandon Oliver...Donald Brown gets thru fine add Joseph Randle, Murray fine, add Brandon Bolden for Monday night.

over each season, I would hit on 1 or 2 guys every year

YES, on NFL.com, if you have a guy on your bench, you can drop him after his game starts. You cannot drop a player if he is in your starting lineup.

This is not the case on other websites, but on NFL.com you can definitely do it. I do it all the time. It offers some strategic advantage as mentioned above. For instance, I might drop my kicker before tonight's (Thurs night) game and pickup up A.Williams in the event R.Jennings gets hurt. I'll leave A.Williams on my bench. If Jennings does not get hurt, I'll simply drop Williams and pick up a kicker on Friday. If Jennings gets hurt, goldmine.

Confirmed that this is a flaw on NFL.com's site. I've had to police this a couple of times in our league after moving our league to the site. We had a discussion about it at last year's draft and we agreed that players that have played (on owner's bench) cannot be dropped for someone else.

We have a fantasy league at NFL.com. I have Andre Williams (RB, NYG) on my bench. Will he be locked to my bench after the game starts, or can I drop him tomorrow for something else?

Here's an idea:

First drop the guy you want to drop, just drop him, don't add anyone. Do this right before when your WW runs. If it doesn't work, you can't do it.

The End.