Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Does anyone trust Cam Newton this week vs Balt?

I usually start Russel Wilson but he's on a bye. Anyone starting Cam with confidence? Since the injuries to the Rbs do you think Cam will run more?

I don't trust Cam Newton in any matchup. Never have. He's proven me wrong a lot, and he's proven me right a lot. :dunno:

Cam usually starts off slow and then picks it up later in the season. Right now no I don't trust him

Are you sure he is playing this week .

Ravens pass defense sucks out loud and their run defense isn't much better. Additionally, they have significant injuries in the defensive backfield and at LB (Suggs).

Newton is a risk, and I'm not sure I'd say that I'd "start with confidence", but he won't get many better matchups.

Cam is still hurt, I don't think you'll see the same rushing numbers / TD's that normally saved him fantasy wise until he can heal up a bit more. With that said, he's still a decent start dependent on your other options. :dunno:

don't ask me why, but i have a good feeling about Cam this week vs. Baltimore. i know they have ladarius webb back, and jimmy smith is there (idk why JT is saying you won't get a better matchup), and Cam is hobbled, but i just think he will have a good game against them.

Ravens pass defense sucks out loud and their run defense isn't much better. Additionally, they have significant injuries in the defensive backfield and at LB (Suggs).

Newton is a risk, and I'm not sure I'd say that I'd "start with confidence", but he won't get many better matchups.

Umm, Ravens are 7th in fewest FF points allowed to QBs, they're pass D is ranked 15th according to Football Outsiders, Suggs practiced today, and Lardarius Webb is getting back to 100 percent.

Umm, Ravens are 7th in fewest FF points allowed to QBs, they're pass D is ranked 15th according to Football Outsiders, Suggs practiced today, and Lardarius Webb is getting back to 100 percent.

1 INT and 2 total sacks on the year. 15th means average in the NFL and it's higher than their actual NFL statistical ranking.

Baltimore has nowhere near the talent on either side of the ball that they had as recently as 18 months ago. In my viewing of this team, they are incredibly up and down, largely dependent on emotion, the Pittsburgh game being a good example. They just made Brian Hoyer look like Johnny Unitas in a game where Cleveland got too conservative too early.

OP has Wilson on a bye and Cam. He makes no mention of other options. Considering what QB are still available on most ww, I'll stand by my statement that "Newton is a risk, and I'm not sure I'd say that I'd "start with confidence", but he won't get many better matchups."

Maybe Sunday will prove me wrong and either Newton's injuries, Balt's defense or Carolina's offensive issues will be the story.

1 INT and 2 total sacks on the year. 15th means average in the NFL and it's higher than their actual NFL statistical ranking.

Baltimore has nowhere near the talent on either side of the ball that they had as recently as 18 months ago. In my viewing of this team, they are incredibly up and down, largely dependent on emotion, the Pittsburgh game being a good example. They just made Brian Hoyer look like Johnny Unitas in a game where Cleveland got too conservative too early.

OP has Wilson on a bye and Cam. He makes no mention of other options. Considering what QB are still available on most ww, I'll stand by my statement that "Newton is a risk, and I'm not sure I'd say that I'd "start with confidence", but he won't get many better matchups."

Maybe Sunday will prove me wrong and either Newton's injuries, Balt's defense or Carolina's offensive issues will be the story.

Yeah, their pass D is average, it doesn't "suck out loud", but that comment surely makes me laugh out loud.