Sign in to follow this  
Perennial Contender

Am I Really Getting Bored With Fantasy Football?

I have 4 teams, 2 doing well, 2 not so well. but it's early. Just not getting into it like I have for it seems like forever. I get online, check my leagues, check different sites, check updates. I don't know but it feels like something has changed. Too much work, too much info out there.

Then again I just won $170 in FFBaseball so maybe things will change come crunch time.

I used to live on these boreds. Now it is like 5 minutes and I'm off to youtube or FB.

WTF.

Perhaps FantasyBaseball is tainting you? You gotta massage that team so much, doubleheaders, etc, that once it comes time for Ffootball you find it too easy to maintain your team... Comparatively.

I think it's the game that has changed . At it will keep changing .

Could be its you that's changed? I flow in and out of different obsessions in my life. Usually lasts a few years each then evolves to something else.

I know I'm not enjoying this year that much, either. All the bad press the first couple of week didn't help. I'm also being hit by the injury bug big-time (Marshall, Jeffery, Cameron, Palmer)...

And I've been horrible at picking starters each week, leaving 3 TD scorers on my bench basically weekly (Gates vs. SEA, Donnell vs. WAS, Asiata vs. ATL).

I look forward more to baseball these days. I feel like there's still some sleepers people wait too long to nab or may actually not know about (foreign to football). With the constant year-round flow of NFL info and ability to print out an up-to-the-minute ADP list seconds before a football draft, there is so little separation of "skill." And if you have a significant injury or two, you're well behind by no fault of your own.

(Rotisserie baseball with weekly lineups. I'm not a fan of H2H and daily is annoying to me.)

I've been hearing advertising and seeing A LOT of information on daily / weekly contests this season. That was something that always intrigued me, with how much research I do to determine my line-ups each week. I might do that next season, instead of the traditional league.

I throw a couple bucks into fanduel each week just getting used to it. I think fantasy football needs to be more interactive for future growth

For instance. Capability to bench players by quarter. I could have put Asiata on bench soon as I realized after first quarter and added second quarter player B active. it would be for the most die hard players. Essentially you fill lineups by quarters and not games. Losing due to injuries is minimized. Takes a lot of coaching skill too instead of watching hopelessly when game flow takes your player completely out of the game. Another example bench Rodgers in 4th quarter Thursday for quarterback B that may at least have a shot at some 4th quarter points

I think a lot has to do with age and situation. When you are younger and don't have a family it's easy to devote a lot of time to it. You can go to the local bars on Sunday and watch games with buddies. Then you get married and have kids and it becomes more of a challenge to stay devoted to FF. Wife wants stuff done around the house, kids want to play, events to go to, going out with other couples....life, all part of life. One thing I have done is get into different leagues with different scoring systems, line-up requirements....

My leagues:

IBL - 96 teams. 8 drafts, 8 copies of every player. While it sounds crazy, it all works out. PPR league where you have 95 guys to trade with to make your team better.

Local $100 league - 12 teams, PPR/IDP league. Re-Draft, Traditional scoring, but the IDP's make it more interesting.

Local $25 league - 14 teams, redraft. Draft 22 players. Times that by 14...that's a lot of players. Scoring is wacky as well. TD is worth 80 points, you get one point per yard....it all works.

Local $60 league - 10 teams, Non-PPR. 2 keepers, Simple fun league

12 Team free dynasty League...we keep about 35 players. Fun and it's a challenge to make/keep team better.

12 Team re-draft...just joined, don't know a lot.

My point is they are all different, so it keeps my interest going!

I have 4 teams, 2 doing well, 2 not so well. but it's early. Just not getting into it like I have for it seems like forever. I get online, check my leagues, check different sites, check updates. I don't know but it feels like something has changed. Too much work, too much info out there.

Then again I just won $170 in FFBaseball so maybe things will change come crunch time.

###### I used to live on these boreds. Now it is like 5 minutes and I'm off to youtube or FB.

WTF.

Sure, why not? It is the same basic game year after year. There are plenty of wrinkles with individual and team performance to keep things somewhat interesting, but it is difficult to keep up with all that stuff assuming you have a job, wife, kids, house to maintain, etc.

What's funny is it's a new day and I'm back at it lol. Great feedback. Maybe I'll start an "Old Timer" league where all league owners are banned from the internet and we all have to utilize the newspaper, radio, and magazines again.

I should change the title of this thread to Fantasy Football Therapy lol.

I am playing this year for the first time in about 4 years. I used to play just about every year for close to 10 years. When I started up again I was into it for the first 2 weeks but have fallen off a bit since then. I have a team in 2 different leagues and, for now, am #1/10 in one league and #8/10 in the other (am the team that has had the most points scored against). I think my interest declines as my goals change and I get older. Since one of my goals is to make money, I believe I would have a higher interest level had I joined a money league with a higher buy-in maybe the 125 or 250 league. These are just my thoughts.

What we need is a bunch of us on here to start a few leagues among us. All this nit picking and no priest to repent to.

It's interesting you brought this up because I am feeling the same way. Actually started not caring as much last season and I thought about bailing before this one. I have been a commissioner for a competitive league for approximately 20 years. Most of the teams have been in the league since the beginning as well. What's weird is my schedule hasn't changed much in the last few years but I just find myself not wanting to spend as much time on it as I did in the past. I just don't care about it that much anymore. A victory was joyous and a loss heartbreaking....now neither really matter. I think its time

What we need is a bunch of us on here to start a few leagues among us. All this nit picking and no priest to repent to.

Yes I would be in

4 teams?

Over saturation.

Do one league and raise the stalk. I'm in a league for 15 years with almost the same guys. League fees are 1,000. Yes, participation and fun haven't dissipated.

4 leagues here.

1. Dynasty League - 12 team PPR. 7th year.

2. 2 keeper Redraft League - 12 team PPR with close friends. 3rd year

3. Work Redraft League - 12 team PPR with co-workers. 2nd year

4. The "just for fun" League - 10 team Non-PPR. 1st year

Sure 4 leagues is a lot but it's a nice mix. All I need now is an auction league lol

I don't know but it feels like something has changed.

Maybe it's that, you know, "life change."

:P

2 leagues anything more is pure chaos on who to cheer for then you end up not caring

• Like 1

2 leagues anything more is pure chaos on who to cheer for then you end up not caring

It definitely is too much but overall the results are decent:

4-0, 3-1, 3-1, and my sad dynasty team at 1-3.