Sign in to follow this  
jkil22

ESPN stat correction changes game outcome, messes up wavier wire order.

Team 1 in our league had a a stat correction occur in his week 5 match up which caused him to lose the game. Team 2 with the same record as him (1-4) who has scored more points overall in the season was placed above him in the wavier wire. This should have not been the case and as it turns out team 2 took the RB team 1 was planning on taking. Why did ESPN screw up the wavier wire order? The error was not noticed until after the wavier wire took place.

So your waivers processed before the change happened? Or does team 1 own the tiebreaker over team 2, like did team 1's only victory come from beating team 2? I'm guessing everything processed the way your league has it set.

It wasn't only ESPN, CBS did the stat correction as well.

I think it is the responsibility of the commissioner to ensure the waiver order is correct each week. I have corrected ours weekly. I think i finally got the settings right going forward.

In this case the waivers need to be unwound to reflect the proper order. Maybe as simple as swapping two players between teams?

It's not the individual site that makes the correction. The NFL does. I believe they do so every Tuesday, if applicable.

So while ESPN's fantasy site may be less than stellar, they have no culpability in this matter. Venom should be spewed toward the league.

As commish you do nothing. Here's why:

If you do override the system then every time something odd or screwy or ANYTHING one owner thinks is wrong you have set a precedent that the commish will unilatererly "fix it". Not good.

Simply put out a message on the league site saying that stat corrections come out fromt the NFL on X day and this may in fact impact scores, wins/losses, and waivers. However this is simply part of the game as fanatasy footall is a game based on stats.

And next season change your waiver process anyway. Resetting waiver order based on record is the worst. Either have a revolving waiver wire where it never resets as that puts strategy in the mix as waiver postition becomes a commodity since it never resets, OR go to blind bids. Those are the only two good options.

:pointstosky:

those who still use priority waivers deserve all the bullsheeet they get as a result.

Agreed, waivers that reset ever week based on record is not a good system in my opinion A. It rewards bad teams for some reason and B. It throws out all waiver strategy. I'll make all the wiaver moves I wish because it resets every week anyway.

A waiver wire that neve resets is the way to go as that implores a stratagy. Or the free agent blind auction process works great too.

Resetting waivers each week makes the league more competitive. It also drives transactions which means more money in the league. Weaker teams need to make more moves to get competitive. Without resetting they will never get competitive, lose interest and then the league is replacing teams every year.

If you are playing fantasy purely to win money then no resets are probably the way to go. If you are doing it for entertainment and friendship as well as money, then resetting is the way to go.

My goal in helping to develop the rules is to keep as many teams as competitive as possible for as long as possible. The best teams / owners still finish at the top but the weaklings keep their interest much longer. Nothing worse than crunchtime comes and your closest competitors are playing teams that "quit" many weeks ago.

• Like 1

Resetting waivers each week makes the league more competitive. It also drives transactions which means more money in the league. Weaker teams need to make more moves to get competitive. Without resetting they will never get competitive, lose interest and then the league is replacing teams every year.

If you are playing fantasy purely to win money then no resets are probably the way to go. If you are doing it for entertainment and friendship as well as money, then resetting is the way to go.

My goal in helping to develop the rules is to keep as many teams as competitive as possible for as long as possible. The best teams / owners still finish at the top but the weaklings keep their interest much longer. Nothing worse than crunchtime comes and your closest competitors are playing teams that "quit" many weeks ago.

It also rewards teams for performing poorly, IMO. Short benches and rolling waivers allow teams to be strategic with using their waiver priority. But to each their own.