Sign in to follow this  
ffb

Andre Williams vs Philly

He is a poor receiver and pass protector, and I think the Giants are going to throw it around on an Eagles defense that has been giving up yards and points.

I don't see him being on the field enough to get 20-25.

I would not expect too much from him today. I would not expect too much from the Giants' offense at all, with the exception of Larry Donnell. Eagles' defense has been getting beat up by bigger and more physical offensive lines. That's been the consistent theme behind their the failures on defense. The Eagles will be missing both of their ILBs for this game, and as a fan, that makes me think the Giants win.

It won't be pretty, and I can't see this guy doing a whole lot. He's not an exceptional talent.

I expect a strong day. The kid is good and the Giants O has been playing well. I think people will take notice of him tonight. Expect around 100 total yards and a score.

Philly is 25th in the league vs the run and is missing both ILB. The backs that have looked best against them? No frills guys like Gore, TRich, Morris. They are a lousy run D especially against power backs.

Unless you think the Giants are going to trail by so much that it eliminates the running game, what logic... not your gut, but what that makes sense... would indicate that Williams won't have a successful day?

• Like 1

Philly is 25th in the league vs the run and is missing both ILB. The backs that have looked best against them? No frills guys like Gore, TRich, Morris. They are a lousy run D especially against power backs.

Unless you think the Giants are going to trail by so much that it eliminates the running game, what logic... not your gut, but what that makes sense... would indicate that Williams won't have a successful day?

Worthy of a flex in a PPR?

What do you guys think he'll get today with the expected 20-25 touches?

Lots of points and 1-2 tds to go with it.

I'm an Eagles fan and I think Andre has 80-100 yards with the strong possibility of a score. The Eagles D can't stop anyone.

Right now I have Golden Tate benched for him, but I'm starting to waiver a little.

Thoughts?

Its gonna be big day.

People keep saying he's a bad pass protector but he's graded out pretty good.

Hillis is isn't a big upgrade on passing downs so I suspect he'll only get spot carries leaving the bulk of the work to Andre the giant.

Andre's hands have looked fine too, arguably fluid looking.

Its a bit riskier in ppr, but non ppr I think he'll be top 6 this wk.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I'm starting him over Sanders or harvin.

Right now I have Golden Tate benched for him, but I'm starting to waiver a little.

Thoughts?

With Calvin and Bush out, wouldn't Tate be in line for monster targets? Does Minny present a stout passing defense that can shut him down?

With Calvin and Bush out, wouldn't Tate be in line for monster targets? Does Minny present a stout passing defense that can shut him down?

Yes, and NO

I'm playing him and Larry Donnell. I hope for a shootout with Philly.

Wow; so this is Philly not stopping anyone?

Front 7 seems like Front 14.

No shiiiit, this could get ugly. Wanted a shootout

• Like 1

This goes to show u fantasy is a lot of luck. I think everyone thinks Williams would get at least 60 yards but at this point he can't even get 1 yard.

This goes to show u fantasy is a lot of luck. I think everyone thinks Williams would get at least 60 yards but at this point he can't even get 1 yard.

Oh, I think he'll get 60

Oh, I think he'll get 60

Maybe if he gets 40 carries...

Chalk this up as another unforced error by me starting Williams in my flex.

Sankey, Williams, etc.............just not my week.

It was a bad rb matchup week for most of the flex type rbs. Real bad

Chalk this up as another unforced error by me starting Williams in my flex.

Sankey, Williams, etc.............just not my week.

Chalk this up as an unforced error by me picking up Williams instead of Hillman on the WW...

Philly run D is just playing lights out tonight. Williams is talented, but there are certain nights when all Giant players are worthless. So far, this is one of those nights. We still have a half to go, but things are admittedly looking dismal.

Williams is a good running back....runs tough and has a nose for the endzone...... but that doesn't help us fantasy owners tonight the way the entire Giant offense is playing. Don't you know that Coughlin in giving it to them at halftime.

He's on pace for 20 touches, but for only 60 yards.

He killed me tonite. Needed Andre to eat into my opponents lead to give Austin a manageable deficit tomorro. Now I need 34 from him. Woulda been cool if I had kept flacco in.

I'm playing him and Larry Donnell. I hope for a shootout with Philly.

I had the same deal and did not need a ton. Just 100 total yards between the two or 40 total yards and one TD.

That sucked. :mad:

Just 1 score or a couple more 1st downs would have at least gotten me a 20 carry bonus. Just an awful game no amount of whisky can erase from my memory.

Anyone still think he pushes Jennings for carries this year? Williams looked slow and his pass pro was bad.

Those saying he would be better than Jennings were delusional or flat out new Williams owners wishful thinking. He is one dimensional runner and you can't be that in the NFL and be an every down back. If anything after this there is a possibility that Jennings coming back is only thing that helps Giants move the ball again as he gets involved in the passing game too and the defense have to honor that.

This is another case of a back up running back doing well against the Falcons and fantasy football players picking hiim up (see Vikes) expecting that ever week, let alone against a normal good to even decent defense.

Atlanta SUCKS

• Like 1

The problem with Williams is this:

I still think he gets some goal line work when Jennings returns...and that hurts

The problem with Williams is this:

I still think he gets some goal line work when Jennings returns...and that hurts

Instead of Donnel? Williams remember is slower and pretty much forces you dive up middle. Jennings can go middle outside or even pass in flat.

Instead of Donnel? Williams remember is slower and pretty much forces you dive up middle. Jennings can go middle outside or even pass in flat.

Donnel will get some looks, yes. What I am talking about are the power goal line situations (inside the 5). Williams has shown proficiency at this, and Coughlin has always liked a straight-line moose at the goal line, ala Brandon Jacobs.

Donnel will get some looks, yes. What I am talking about are the power goal line situations (inside the 5). Williams has shown proficiency at this, and Coughlin has always liked a straight-line moose at the goal line, ala Brandon Jacobs.

Yes I think a lot of Jennings owners like myself assumed this could be the case from day one before the injury.

I would not expect too much from him today. I would not expect too much from the Giants' offense at all, with the exception of Larry Donnell. Eagles' defense has been getting beat up by bigger and more physical offensive lines. That's been the consistent theme behind their the failures on defense. The Eagles will be missing both of their ILBs for this game, and as a fan, that makes me think the Giants win.

It won't be pretty, and I can't see this guy doing a whole lot. He's not an exceptional talent.

So thankfully, I was wrong about the outcome of the game and wishful of Donnell's production (I started him). Guess I got the rest of it right. On both sides of the ball, the Giants got beat badly up front.