Sign in to follow this  
barber2309

Jordan Matthews

Been holding him all year for byes and injuries just waiting for his breakout game. Is this a 1 week fluke again like earlier this year or was the Foles injury all he needed?

Foles is a mediocre passer. I'm not sure what to make of this new Sanchez, but he certainly looks to be an upgrade over No- les.

Sick. Had I started Matthews over Maclin, I'd win. But, I didn't. Like EVERYONE else. And I lost.

Other than Maclin most nights it is hard to trust a Philly WR. I would like to add that there is no doubt in my mind that Matthews has the talent, work ethic, and system to be a better WR than Kelvin Benjamin.

• Like 1

Other than Maclin most nights it is hard to trust a Philly WR. I would like to add that there is no doubt in my mind that Matthews has the talent, work ethic, and system to be a better WR than Kelvin Benjamin.

Totally agree. He has a much better qb plus a much friendlier system. Benjamin is the only decent WR in carolina so that helps him, but how can you not LOVE THE PHILLY EXPRESS? Wow....

My point is that can change down the stretch. There are always young rookies with talent that emerge down the stretch of their first season. Can Matthews become more trustworthy with Sanchez at qb? They clearly have some chemistry which was built in the preseason. I am in a 14 team ppr league where we can start up to 4 wr. I have Calvin, jeffery, josh gordon and wayne, but matthews could become a better option than wayne down the stretch imo.

Been holding him all year for byes and injuries just waiting for his breakout game. Is this a 1 week fluke again like earlier this year or was the Foles injury all he needed?

Could be

Plug and played him tonight. Won by a point. About time I got one right..,

Oh, and I was vs. PHI D/ST

I literally was losing the entire weekend up until that last Benjamin score.

Plug and played him tonight. Won by a point. About time I got one right..,

Oh, and I was vs. PHI D/ST

I literally was losing the entire weekend up until that last Benjamin score.

Congrats !

Had the chance to pick him up however I chose to play Terrance Williams well that's that

Good for you suspect !

- held the kid on my bench all year ... plugged in for LaFell this week - BOOM :banana:

legit chops, and kismet with der Sanchize. that offense is gonna run a ton of plays, that we know ... having a reliable second option to Maclin is huge - he'll certainly be seeing consistent targets ... Chipster can't put this genie back in the bottle, ya dig?

:overhead:

Time will tell if it was a one week fluke or not.

Evidently Chip Kelly was quoted as saying Matthews involvement was just part of the gameplan against Carolina, not to read into it.

That being said, there was supposedly a good connection between Sanchez & Matthews in pre-season, and Sanchez seemed to stay shorter on most of his passes yesterday, which would seem to favor the underneath routes; Maclin this season, has looked to run more of the deep routes that DJax ran last year.

Also, both TDs came when Sanchez was under a little pressure. The fact that he looked for, & found, Matthews in those situations may speak to the connection that they have.

Played Jordan this week with Hopkins on the bye, it was clear that Sanchez was looking his way more than Foles had in Houston the prior week,

and what I love is Matthews runs those intermediate routes where can can be a PPR monster going forward.

I would think the 2 TD games will be slim going forward (though he's already had 2 of those so far),

but with Dirty Sanchez thru the FF playoffs, I'm looking for an avg 6 catch 70 yds type games going forward with a 2/3 chance of 1 TD per week.

That makes him better going forward than a VJax, who will now ride my bench in favor of JMath.

I started Matthews over a gimpy Watkins with the hunch that Sanchize would look to shorter routes like the TE and slot... It worked out but who knows week to week. Philly has alot of weapons and I'd expect alot of variance...

That said, Matthews looks a hell of a lot smoother, more athletic, and better hands than Riley Cooper...

Time will tell if it was a one week fluke or not.

Evidently Chip Kelly was quoted as saying Matthews involvement was just part of the gameplan against Carolina, not to read into it.

That being said, there was supposedly a good connection between Sanchez & Matthews in pre-season, and Sanchez seemed to stay shorter on most of his passes yesterday, which would seem to favor the underneath routes; Maclin this season, has looked to run more of the deep routes that DJax ran last year.

Also, both TDs came when Sanchez was under a little pressure. The fact that he looked for, & found, Matthews in those situations may speak to the connection that they have.

Good call

Feeling good about Matthews as a flex ppr option moving forward. Pretty strong at WR with Calvin/Jeffery/Gordon/Matthews and Wayne who will now move to my bench.

- two and a half games with der Sanchize, and four tds :music_guitarred:

kid is gonna be a huge asset down the stretch ... glad i held him so long.

BUT WTF WITH THAT DROP, SON ??11!11!?/! :huh:

Never feel comfortable starting 2 WRs from the same team but I'm starting to think about it with him and Maclin

Never feel comfortable starting 2 WRs from the same team but I'm starting to think about it with him and Maclin

been rolling with Tate and Megatron all season when both healthy... That philly offense can sustain 2 WRs