Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

Any updates on Gio

Hill to get the bulk of the carries...........

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/301551/jeremy-hill-expected-to-get-bulk-of-carries

"Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson expects Jeremy Hill to handle "the bulk of the carries until (Gio) Bernard’s hip and shoulder click back into place."
Playcaller Hue Jackson isn't naming a Week 12 starter, which leaves the door open for Hill to take over as the Bengals' primary runner, even with Bernard all set to play against the Texans. "I think my concern is keeping him healthy,’ Jackson said of Bernard, who missed the last three games. Asked if Hill has earned a bigger role, Jackson replied "I think he deserves it. ... I think Jeremy has done a tremendous job and he earns the right to play, there's no question about that. But it's always good to have two really good runners." Expect Hill to lead the Bengals in carries against Houston, and possibly carry the bulk of the workload the rest of the way. In fantasy, he's a borderline RB1."

Gio owners should be making a Plan B

Said This since his injury and the gio owners scoffed at me and didn't want to hear it. Gios value for the rest of the season is going to be mediocre at best.

Said This since his injury and the gio owners scoffed at me and didn't want to hear it. Gios value for the rest of the season is going to be mediocre at best.

I hear ya... Look at the abuse I've been taking here and in the other Hill thread. The Gio lovers/owners don't want to deal in reality just react on emotion. Like it takes a brain surgeon to realize Hill deserves a bigger role and the goal is also to keep Gio healthy.

Shhhhh! Both of you... Your opinions mean nothing and are based on no logic whatsoever. You are what's wrong with this bored and FF in general.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shhhhh! Both of you... Your opinions mean nothing and are based on no logic whatsoever. You are what's wrong with this bored and FF in general.

:thumbsup: :cheers:

Haha perfect

its pretty obvious that hill should be the pounder while gio should be the pass catcher. Hell I would even go so far as to say they should be running a 2 back set every time they take the field. split gio out wide and make the other team cover him with a linebacker.

The part where the Bengals.com beat writer says "until (Gio) Bernard’s hip and shoulder click back into place." sounds rather troubling, if I'm a Gio owner (I have both).

These are particularly bad injuries for a RB. Gio may have to play the "Sproles role" going forward.

Explosive as in diarrhea, or explosive as in dynamite? :unsure:

I ask because I believe that Hill's running stats (ypc) are better than Gio's.

Yeah I get it, and probably agree as well, but just stating it's almost common thought based on 40 times, size of the backs, roles etc. I'll be honest, looking at Hill run he DOES NOT look like he has a 4.66 40 time. Dude looks much faster in games. He has busted out some long runs in his recent stretch, and he's caught passes out of the backfield.

Bernard's been highly touted in this forum, some had him as a top 5-7 back pre-season I believe. He hasn't shown to be injury prone really, save for this last few games. Personally I'm not sure he's a guy who can carry the mail, and maybe a relief role is better for him. Hill, on the other hand, has proved that he can be a workhorse. Has he even been on the injury report at all?

Yeah I get it, and probably agree as well, but just stating it's almost common thought based on 40 times, size of the backs, roles etc. I'll be honest, looking at Hill run he DOES NOT look like he has a 4.66 40 time. Dude looks much faster in games. He has busted out some long runs in his recent stretch, and he's caught passes out of the backfield.

Bernard's been highly touted in this forum, some had him as a top 5-7 back pre-season I believe. He hasn't shown to be injury prone really, save for this last few games. Personally I'm not sure he's a guy who can carry the mail, and maybe a relief role is better for him. Hill, on the other hand, has proved that he can be a workhorse. Has he even been on the injury report at all?

yup, definitely proven he can be a workhorse. What's he on like 38 straight games started or something? Total stud...

yup, definitely proven he can be a workhorse. What's he on like 38 straight games started or something? Total stud...

Lol...look if you don't agree just say such. He's averaged 20 carries a game the last three weeks. He's blocked, he's caught passes, he's busted long runs. And when they've needed him to run the clock and move the chains he has. And he's not on the injury report. He's bringing Rudi Johnson flashbacks to his coach.

I say he's proved he can handle, you digress. The price of tea in China is going to stay the same. So what?

Lol...look if you don't agree just say such. He's averaged 20 carries a game the last three weeks. He's blocked, he's caught passes, he's busted long runs. And when they've needed him to run the clock and move the chains he has. And he's not on the injury report. He's bringing Rudi Johnson flashbacks to his coach.

I say he's proved he can handle, you digress. The price of tea in China is going to stay the same. So what?

all that is fine and good, bu t to go from there to 'Hill, on the other hand, has proved that he can be a workhorse. Has he even been on the injury report at all?'

is a full retard stretch, you understand? Dude's got a 113 carries and 16 catches. He's a baby. He's had a decent stretch in Gio's absence, but even in there was a dud game. He's proven little to nothing, and most definitely hasn't proven to be any sort of workhorse.

Just so we're clear, I'm not a gio homer, but full retard is never good, for anyone. I actually drafted hill in both my leagues, and have started him past couple of weeks in 1 and traded him to gio owner in another with Roddy to get KelvinB. So I'm not playing the, 'hey look at my player, he's awesome. Your player drools!' routine. Just letting you know, going full retard is never good, for anyone...

While it's a limited sample, in the same 3-game period Hill has rushed for more yards than DeMarco Murray, Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster and Marshawn Lynch.

While it's a limited sample, in the same 3-game period Hill has rushed for more yards than DeMarco Murray, Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster and Marshawn Lynch.

Doug Martin and Bryce Brown both did something similar in the past. I'm all for Hill emerging, but c'mon with this logic.

all that is fine and good, bu t to go from there to 'Hill, on the other hand, has proved that he can be a workhorse. Has he even been on the injury report at all?'

is a full retard stretch, you understand? Dude's got a 113 carries and 16 catches. He's a baby. He's had a decent stretch in Gio's absence, but even in there was a dud game. He's proven little to nothing, and most definitely hasn't proven to be any sort of workhorse.

Just so we're clear, I'm not a gio homer, but full retard is never good, for anyone. I actually drafted hill in both my leagues, and have started him past couple of weeks in 1 and traded him to gio owner in another with Roddy to get KelvinB. So I'm not playing the, 'hey look at my player, he's awesome. Your player drools!' routine. Just letting you know, going full retard is never good, for anyone...

Laughing at you calling me a retard, and even more so for you blaming an inept game plan against Cleveland on the kid. If you projected his stats out in that game it'd be 24 carries for 110 yards. Sure he had a fumble but what is that compared to his QB's performance in the same game? Yeah, a real friggin dud.

Look, I said he CAN BE a work horse. Obviously three games doesn't prove such. Too bad neither of us will get scoreboard as it sounds like Bernard is back in the rotation.

The part where the Bengals.com beat writer says "until (Gio) Bernard’s hip and shoulder click back into place." sounds rather troubling, if I'm a Gio owner (I have both).

These are particularly bad injuries for a RB. Gio may have to play the "Sproles role" going forward.

Yeah that's the part the had me thinking too... Waiting for a clavicle and hip to "click back into place" doesn't sound good nor is it something where I would put that player out on the field

Laughing at you calling me a retard, and even more so for you blaming an inept game plan against Cleveland on the kid. If you projected his stats out in that game it'd be 24 carries for 110 yards. Sure he had a fumble but what is that compared to his QB's performance in the same game? Yeah, a real friggin dud.

Look, I said he CAN BE a work horse. Obviously three games doesn't prove such. Too bad neither of us will get scoreboard as it sounds like Bernard is back in the rotation.

Hill, on the other hand, has proved that he can be a workhorse. Has he even been on the injury report at all?'

was keying off that. If you meant he could be, that's fine. We're in full agreement then. But touting him a workhorse after 113 carries is dumb. I think you know that. Regardless, I think I'm still starting him this week. Got Jonas and Lamar Miller on bench but neither is inspiring me, not this week anyway...roll the dice, twice is nice...

Hill, on the other hand, has proved that he can be a workhorse. Has he even been on the injury report at all?'

was keying off that. If you meant he could be, that's fine. We're in full agreement then. But touting him a workhorse after 113 carries is dumb. I think you know that. Regardless, I think I'm still starting him this week. Got Jonas and Lamar Miller on bench but neither is inspiring me, not this week anyway...roll the dice, twice is nice...

Is a shame we'll never know with Bernard back in picture, though he should still get GL stuff I'd think. Was most impressed with his true speed, I thought the guy would be a plodder. But he looks quick. Caught some passes, didn't get his QB killed, staying healthy... Man what's not to like about that?

Speaking of GL carries, someone here made a point that no matter the game plan in NE Gray still had worth due to GL work. But Blount coming in rat-f*cks that to some degree.

Is a shame we'll never know with Bernard back in picture, though he should still get GL stuff I'd think. Was most impressed with his true speed, I thought the guy would be a plodder. But he looks quick. Caught some passes, didn't get his QB killed, staying healthy... Man what's not to like about that?

Speaking of GL carries, someone here made a point that no matter the game plan in NE Gray still had worth due to GL work. But Blount coming in rat-f*cks that to some degree.

He caught 3 total passes in 3 games, hurt his knee the first game. Going against both your statements. This all against 2 of the 3 weakest run defenses.

Like someone else said we won't know anything until after this Sunday. There is a reason Gio was getting the majority of the work before his injuries. Coaches know much more then us.

He caught 3 total passes in 3 games, hurt his knee the first game. Going against both your statements. This all against 2 of the 3 weakest run defenses.

Like someone else said we won't know anything until after this Sunday. There is a reason Gio was getting the majority of the work before his injuries. Coaches know much more then us.

You again? You serious about the knee injury? Had someone role up on him during a fumble free for all... Only to come back in the second half to run for 100 yds including a 60 yarder to close out the game.

Seriously... Try and make your argument have some backbone...

Nobody said he was Matt Forte. He's serviceable in the passing game, a prerequisite of a feature back. Those three games were actually his three worst. On the season he's gathered in 16 of 19 targets for well over 200 yds, one of them going for 60 yds.

Bernard was getting starter reps today at practice according to some guy on Twitter.

Ugh, link?

So to recap...

- Hill predicted to get bulk of carries

- Gio looks "fantastic" in practice

- Gio gets starter reps today

This is a nightmare for owners of both Hill and Gio.

if you have both you start hill for sure and depending on your options and scoring system you consider gio at RB2/flex. Bengals have to know the power run game is their ticket to win and Hill has shown he can handle every down work. even if they do rotate them Hill feels like the safer play. I just can't see coming off a multi-week injury gio immediately getting some kind of 70/30 or 60/40 split. I think its more likely...for this week....that Hill gets the heavier workload.

i bet he ends up a GTD even if he practices. latest roto update says he's likely "eased" in against the Texans. i'm definitely starting Hill. question will be if i choose to flex gio if he's active sunday.

I have hill and gio with bell on a bye I'm thinking of starting gio and hill and keeping mckinnion on the bench.

Ya'll are crazy. Gio makes them a better team, their line isn't exactly a power running line. Everyone who thinks Hill should be the starter should go look at his stats against good teams and not against terrible teams it's night and day. Gio can provide scat protection and Dalton needs that crutch for easy completions and to get out of sticky situations - that's why Gio is going to be the starter.

P.S. I own both in my money league and they're both on my bench this week until everything gets sorted out.

P.P.S. Watching Hill trying to convert short touchdowns for such a bruising power back is pitiful.

P.S. I own both in my money league and they're both on my bench this week until everything gets sorted out.

P.P.S. Watching Hill trying to convert short touchdowns for such a bruising power back is pitiful.

I was wondering about those stats. Gio has been pretty successful inside the 5.

You again? You serious about the knee injury? Had someone role up on him during a fumble free for all... Only to come back in the second half to run for 100 yds including a 60 yarder to close out the game.

Seriously... Try and make your argument have some backbone...

I bring reality to those who have blind love for Hill

It is definitely a nightmare. I hate having both.

I hear ya.

The thing that I'll be watching is Gio taking those first set of hits to the shoulder and the hip. Nothing worse than watching your guy return from injury and wondering if he's going to get up from a big hit.

Leaning towards starting Hill, but may end up starting Shane Vereen against Detroit. Too hard to run against the Lions, so this should be a Vereen game rather than a Jonas Gray game.

My lineup choice in must win:

RB - R.Jennings

Flex- Jeremy Hill

WR - K.Stills

RB gets 1.0 PPR, WR gets 1.25

Benching: F.Gore (more Hyde splitting), G.Taint (Revis)

Opponent starting Brees and Gio (irrelevant to my choice)

Latest from Rotoworld:

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner expects a 65:35 split favoring Jeremy Hill in the Bengals backfield Week 12 against the Texans.

Sounds about right. Hill has severely outplayed Bernard this season, averaging 5.73 YPC in his three starts compared to 4.09 for Gio. Earlier this week, OC Hue Jackson hinted at easing Bernard back into the mix after his three-game absence. Bernard also worked with the receivers last week, suggesting he'll be featured more as a pass-catcher out of the backfield while Hill hammers it between the tackles. Hill is a strong RB2 with RB1 upside. Bernard is merely a FLEX.
Related: Giovani Bernard

I bring reality to those who have blind love for Hill

NO... you bring up arguments with no base... insinuating HILL is injury prone because someone rolled up on his leg in a fumble pile is just plain stupid... Yeah... that's what your argument is... just plain stupid!