Sign in to follow this  
kolp

Sherman / Baldwin comment to the media on 49ers matchup and Lynch situation....Somewhat

http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/11/25/4254602/sherman-baldwin-dig-at-nfl-in.html

As someone who has had their words twisted by the media in both my professional and military careers, I tip my hat to you guys. Stick it to 'em. And Goodell.

I know not all media peeps are like that, but the vast majority I've run into could care less...just looking for the story.

Looking for the video, if anyone finds it please post link, thanks!

• Like 1

Glad to hear that they haven't been completely repressed...yet.

On a semi-related note, what kind of a BS fine is that? Guys who cause career-ending injuries aren't even fined that much. As a 'Hawks fan, it's really aggravating when the NFL picks on Lynch for such trivial reasons.

Leave the dude alone and just let him play. It's all 'bout that action, anyway. :P

That was focking awesome!!!!!!!!! My thought exactly on how to address the NFL policy of talking to the media. I would answer the questions with sh*t that didn't make sense. "What was on your mind when you made that play?" Answer: Orange Lemonade.

I thought it was kind of dumb. For one, fining marshawn 100G is like fining you or me 10 bucks, its nothing to him. Second, those sponsors pay the players handsomly so he should shut up and eat his campbells chunky.

How much will they get fined for that?

This is why I think the press interviews are so stupid, fining guys for wearing the wrong headphones. Fining guys for mentioning something that isn't an NFL sponsor.

I thought it was kind of dumb. For one, fining marshawn 100G is like fining you or me 10 bucks, its nothing to him. Second, those sponsors pay the players handsomly so he should shut up and eat his campbells chunky.

If that's like fining you 10 bucks, then you make around 700 dollars per year. Congratulations!

Lynch makes around 7MM/year, not including bonuses, sponsorship, etc. etc. A 100K fine is 1.4% of his salary!

If that's like fining you 10 bucks, then you make around 700 dollars per year. Congratulations!

Lynch makes around 7MM/year, not including bonuses, sponsorship, etc. etc. A 100K fine is 1.4% of his salary!

My biggest issue is that the 100k fine is so much more than any other fine handed down to players in the NFL, no matter what they do. Not talking to the media after the game is worse than cheap shotting some guy five or six times? Abusing a ref? driving drunk?

gimmie a break. I honestly don't care about the post game pressers for the players, though i can understand it. but to fine him that much is ludicrous. I hope lynch continues to give yeah/nope interviews, good for him

My biggest issue is that the 100k fine is so much more than any other fine handed down to players in the NFL, no matter what they do. Not talking to the media after the game is worse than cheap shotting some guy five or six times? Abusing a ref? driving drunk?

gimmie a break. I honestly don't care about the post game pressers for the players, though i can understand it. but to fine him that much is ludicrous. I hope lynch continues to give yeah/nope interviews, good for him

It's ridiculous for sure... I would just pull a Bellicheat and say: "Were on to <insert next opponent here>" to every question, every time!

the fines levied in the NFL have always been stupid.

It makes no sense to create a fine system based on a set dollar amount when salaries vary so widely in the league. A better method would be to fine players a % of their game cheque, for the reasons specified above. For the average person 10K would be a lot, for an NFL player making millions, as if they care.

The NFL had no comment on the situation. For which they were considering fining themselves, for not having a comment.

• Like 2

The NFL had no comment on the situation. For which they were considering fining themselves, for not having a comment.

The general public fine the NFL as they have an obligation to meet with us and answer questions after press conferences.