Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Official "my season is OVER" F. U. thread

Ugh. Went 4-8 this year. Should / could have been 7-5, if I started the right players... Week 4 I left Asiata on my bench, and he went off for 3 TDs; I lost by four points. :wall: Week 5 I ran out of patience with E. Lacy, who went off for 2 TDs and 132 yards. He alone outscored my other three RBs (Gore, Bradshaw and Asiata)... I lost by 8 points. :cry: Week 11 I was worried about a pathetic Cincy offense on the road vs. New Orleans, so I sat J. Hill. He goes off for 165 yards... I lose by two points. :doh:

So, anyway, where were we? Oh, yeah - the SEASON LONG F. U. thread!!! F. U. to:

Toby Gerhart: I took you as my RB3. ALL the preseason hype was how he was a "lock," because he'd have 20 - 25 touches a game with NO competition. Uh, when you average 2.8 yards a carry (through week 13), your offensive coordinator WILL give someone else a shot (Shoelace, anyone???).

Pierre Garcon: You LEAD THE LEAGUE in targets in 2013, with 182. Yeah, there is a new Head Coach, but he had his QB throw it to AJ Green 178 times in 2013! Through week 13, you're 39th in targets...

Marques Colston: You had a great last 8 games to close out 2013, and it was said that you were dealing with an injury the first two months of last season. So, sure - jump on that train. Huh - what happened? Through week 13, you are FOURTH on your team for targets... You just got passed by Kenny Stills!

Riley Cooper: You put up 8 touchdowns last year, when Maclin went down. This year, D-Jax left, so you should put up comparable numbers, right? We're 3/4 of the way through the season. And, to date, you've put up ONE touchdown...

Kenbrell Thompkins: You now play for the Oakland Raiders. Enough said.

Jordan Cameron: Fourth year player. Free Agent after this year. No Josh Gordeon stealing looks. But you just could N-O-T stay on the field...

Cincinnati Defense: What the hell happened??? Isn't your Head Couch supposed to come from the defensive side of the ball? Using FF Today's stat page, you are ranked 31st in fantasy points scored - only better than the absolutely dreadful Oakland Raiders.

So, yeah - see the above draft picks for how I obtained that AWESOME 4-8 record...

I think next year, I'll do the daily / week-to-week Draft Kings or whatever, in lieu of a pay league.

• Like 1

Players that burned me this year:

Toby Gerhart

Doug Martin

Marques Colston

Larry Fitz

Jordan Cameron

Zac Stacy

Calvin Johnson

Colin Kaepernick

I had these players in multiple leagues, and they hsit the bed so badly. Just awful. Going to the playoffs in only 2 of 8 leagues this year.

Almost could have been 12-0 if you had drafted or traded for right players if you do the math.

Ugh. Went 4-8 this year. Should / could have been 7-5, if I started the right players... Week 4 I left Asiata on my bench, and he went off for 3 TDs; I lost by four points. :wall: Week 5 I ran out of patience with E. Lacy, who went off for 2 TDs and 132 yards. He alone outscored my other three RBs (Gore, Bradshaw and Asiata)... I lost by 8 points. :cry: Week 11 I was worried about a pathetic Cincy offense on the road vs. New Orleans, so I sat J. Hill. He goes off for 165 yards... I lose by two points. :doh:

So, anyway, where were we? Oh, yeah - the SEASON LONG F. U. thread!!! F. U. to:

Toby Gerhart: I took you as my RB3. ALL the preseason hype was how he was a "lock," because he'd have 20 - 25 touches a game with NO competition. Uh, when you average 2.8 yards a carry (through week 13), your offensive coordinator WILL give someone else a shot (Shoelace, anyone???).

Pierre Garcon: You LEAD THE LEAGUE in targets in 2013, with 182. Yeah, there is a new Head Coach, but he had his QB throw it to AJ Green 178 times in 2013! Through week 13, you're 39th in targets...

Marques Colston: You had a great last 8 games to close out 2013, and it was said that you were dealing with an injury the first two months of last season. So, sure - jump on that train. Huh - what happened? Through week 13, you are FOURTH on your team for targets... You just got passed by Kenny Stills!

Riley Cooper: You put up 8 touchdowns last year, when Maclin went down. This year, D-Jax left, so you should put up comparable numbers, right? We're 3/4 of the way through the season. And, to date, you've put up ONE touchdown...

Kenbrell Thompkins: You now play for the Oakland Raiders. Enough said.

Jordan Cameron: Fourth year player. Free Agent after this year. No Josh Gordeon stealing looks. But you just could N-O-T stay on the field...

Cincinnati Defense: What the hell happened??? Isn't your Head Couch supposed to come from the defensive side of the ball? Using FF Today's stat page, you are ranked 31st in fantasy points scored - only better than the absolutely dreadful Oakland Raiders.

So, yeah - see the above draft picks for how I obtained that AWESOME 4-8 record...

I think next year, I'll do the daily / week-to-week Draft Kings or whatever, in lieu of a pay league.

What does it feel like ?

Four of my eight are still alive.

Common denominators for the failed teams:

Gerhart

Rudolph

Lacy

Cordarelle

Montee Ball

• Like 1

I'm going to finish 8-6 probably after going 6-1 the last 7 weeks. My points scored for is 15% higher than my points scored against. I don't know how I ended up 2-5 at one point.

Nobody here is going to know why you ended up 2-5 if you're not showing box scores that prove it or something else.

Costanza level sob stories here.

Lacy early season suckage hurt, even tho I got him 10th overall! As did Keenan Allen, my wr1.

Lost opening week by 2 points to the team who drafted Seahawks D 3rd overall (not a typo, 3rd overall, std scoring 10tm.) and followed it up with Russel Wilson in the 2nd round. It gets better. He didn't even start either of them due to not paying attention to thurs night opener. Had to fill in Alex smith and a random defense.

Had 3 1-3 point losses, missed the playoffs by 1 game.

I would have went 11 and 2 if I drafted Murray instead of Martin :wall:

I still won my division, but would have won more money

Scored the second most amount of points in a 16 team league and didn't make the dance. Pure luck of the draw. Great draft. Great WW work. Wrong division.

I made the playoffs but should have finished first in both leagues.

Work league - Drafted Stafford in the fourth and Cameron in the sixth. Ended up trading for Rivers right before he sh!t the bed. Managed a trade deadline miracle to land Rodgers and ran the tables there on out.

Money League - Stacy in 2nd round over L. Bell, Foster, etc... Pierre Thomas and J. Bell...words can't describe their disappointing numbers in PPR let alone standard leagues.