Sign in to follow this  
southcarolina

The Bye Week: Anyone else enjoying the calm?

Its nice being able to watch a football game and not give a crap which WR the QB throws to, ya know? Not spending Sunday afternoon worrying about whether my starting tE will play in the late game or not.

So....anyone?

League 1: FFT based 12 team PPR league: 2nd place, highest scorer, 1st round BYE

League 2: 12 team PPR First year Dynasty startup based in another Dynasty FF site. League run by a staffer there, has at least 1 or 2 other staffers in the league. Second place, 2nd highest scorer, 1st round BYE

League 3: 10 team PPR with IDP's. My least competitive league. Currently in first place and highest scorer. No BYEs, only 4 playoff spots. Regular season concludes today. I am not a mathmatical lock for the playoffs, but i would need to lose today, and the 5th place team would need to win, and outscore me by 300 points. So....im in the playoffs.

League 4: FFT based 4th year Dynasty League, took over a team a couple of weeks before last season.. 18 months ago i had to cut guys from my roster that werent even in the NFL anymore. this year was eliminated from the playoffs on the last day of the regular season. So im calling this a win.

Those are my four teams. Sure is nice being so lucky.

Anyway, its been the most peaceful day i can remember during the NFL season in a long time. I cooked a big pot of chili. I went outside and played catch with my 15 year old. I finally replaced the toilet flusher thingy thats had a slow leak for the last couple of weeks. I even watched some football, but didnt feel like i HAD to. You know....like if i dont watch, my guys will score less thean they will if i dont watch.

Best of all.... i get to watch the Patriots game tonight and not stress over which WR Brady will choose tonight. I can unabashedly hope that Gronk scores 7 TDs tonight. Tonight i get to be a 100% fan. I cant f0cking wait.

I lost Marshall Thursday. 3 of his games he produced over half his numbers on the season. I won't be missing him. Gordon was a lick for 2 games so I'm questioning him a little. I dropped Rams so no one can get them just going with Packers next week and after stocking up on players.

I don't have bye but losing only hurts seeding which is a complete crapshoot anyway. So it's like a bye and yes it's easier to stomach like

You still regular season murf74?

Yep last week for reg season but I am in and can't get top 2 seeds so it's like a bye

no bye week in my money league, 4 team playoffs start next week for me thankfully, Peyton sucks balls today

Its nice being able to watch a football game and not give a crap which WR the QB throws to, ya know? Not spending Sunday afternoon worrying about whether my starting tE will play in the late game or not.

So....anyone?

League 1: FFT based 12 team PPR league: 2nd place, highest scorer, 1st round BYE

League 2: 12 team PPR First year Dynasty startup based in another Dynasty FF site. League run by a staffer there, has at least 1 or 2 other staffers in the league. Second place, 2nd highest scorer, 1st round BYE

League 3: 10 team PPR with IDP's. My least competitive league. Currently in first place and highest scorer. No BYEs, only 4 playoff spots. Regular season concludes today. I am not a mathmatical lock for the playoffs, but i would need to lose today, and the 5th place team would need to win, and outscore me by 300 points. So....im in the playoffs.

League 4: FFT based 4th year Dynasty League, took over a team a couple of weeks before last season.. 18 months ago i had to cut guys from my roster that werent even in the NFL anymore. this year was eliminated from the playoffs on the last day of the regular season. So im calling this a win.

Those are my four teams. Sure is nice being so lucky.

Anyway, its been the most peaceful day i can remember during the NFL season in a long time. I cooked a big pot of chili. I went outside and played catch with my 15 year old. I finally replaced the toilet flusher thingy thats had a slow leak for the last couple of weeks. I even watched some football, but didnt feel like i HAD to. You know....like if i dont watch, my guys will score less thean they will if i dont watch.

Best of all.... i get to watch the Patriots game tonight and not stress over which WR Brady will choose tonight. I can unabashedly hope that Gronk scores 7 TDs tonight. Tonight i get to be a 100% fan. I cant f0cking wait.

Always a peaceful day .

I'm enjoying it, but my team really exploded today, each and every player. I worry that next week will be dud city.

I'm enjoying it, but my team really exploded today, each and every player. I worry that next week will be dud city.

LOL I'm having the opposite experience, and it's making me worried. :lol:

• Like 1

LOL I'm having the opposite experience, and it's making me worried. :lol:

Yeah, I was going to worry either way. :doh:

All 4 of my teams had byes...so yeah, nice...but was still glued to the stats and games.....worst part is the worrying about injuries....always wish my actual players could have a real bye, ya know?

I had a bye this week but set my lineup as if I had a game playing the likes of Ingram, Gordon, etc and winding up with one of my lowest point totals of the year. Good thing this week didn't matter!

My four seed wins easily to take on either the OP (southcarolina) or the other bye team next week. Either would have beaten me this week. His and the other team (heavyset) on bye are much better than the other ten of us but I tagged them both with Ls in the regular season which was lucky scheduling more than anything. I'll be rooting for whoever wins the 3/6 playoff game to advance to the finals for an unlikely championship matchup as we'll both be huge underdogs.

In a dynasty league, my #1 seed team is on bye has been hot the last two weeks. Still the #3 seed team (nzoner) that scares the bejeebers out of me would have beaten me this week. Fortunately he plays the #2 seed next who i hope can do my dirty work for me if I advance. I've been knocked out of the semi-finals each of the four years in this league, the first year and this one with the #1 seed.

And my 3rd team is out even though it's #3 in points. I had some really sh*tty matchups with highest # of points against. It makes up for the other two teams which tapdanced successfully through the regular season minefield schedule.

Semi-relaxing due to worry about all my guys making out of this weekend healthy.

I may have lost Harvin already and got a scare with Charles leaving the game briefly with an ankle injury so I can't complain (still have Rodgers and Cobb going tomorrow).

I also lost Ellington for the season but it's not like he was tearing it up so no big loss there.

And wished that Torrey had been a scratch but I'm thankful that he didn't get any more hurt.

With Marshall out and Gordon so so Torrey against Jaguars next week looks good. Then I see Ravens are nfl worst passing defense so I'm considering grabbing one of the Jags wr.