Sign in to follow this  
HenryHill9323

NFL: 11 of 12 Pat's balls under inflated.

Nope. Roided or not, Barry was quite possibly the best all around to ever play the game. (in our era)

Brady is just another good (great, mebbe) QB that benefited from being at the right place at the right time. Much like the most over rated QB of all time, Joe Montana.

Barry may have been the best all around prior to the roids...but after bulking up he certain wasn't. THe oddity of it all.

And do you think even a majority of people will remember him for how he was before getting so big? Or for the roid stuff and getting huge and hitting HRs?

I think the good of Arod tying Mays the other day is it brought Mays back up to talk about...talk about a great player.

I really haven't paid too much attention or posted much on this. But what I find interesting is say that Brady's stats fall off a cliff now moving forward, and while I expect he can still be good maybe won't be as accurate or win as much as he has prior to this. The rest of his life he'll be the Barry Bonds of the NFL.

Meh.......but he is getting older etc, unless the production and stats really fall hard i would not read too much into this. Keep in mind, he did not really need to do this, i doubt it helped him honestly, its just part of the culture with this team and I think Brady has bought into the entire philosophy of cheating. Putting the balls at the proper level wont hurt or help him much, does not remove the fact that he sought to cheat.

I think the good of Arod tying Mays the other day is it brought Mays back up to talk about...talk about a great player.

:thumbsup: Agree. But the thought of Arod being mentioned in the same breath as Mays is also disgusting.

:thumbsup: Agree. But the thought of Arod being mentioned in the same breath as Mays is also disgusting.

That's my problem with what the steroid guys did. They are taking a legacy away from great baseball players. Years from now when the record book gets cracked open, a lot of deserving guys will be further down the list than they deserve. Their greatness will have to be explained. No one will ever think guys like Killebrew and McCovey were as good as they were.

Sure...though, we seem to come down on the hitters so much (and the big named pitchers like Clemens...). When there were probably a good 50% of the other pitchers on roids facing the roided up batters.

I really haven't paid too much attention or posted much on this. But what I find interesting is say that Brady's stats fall off a cliff now moving forward, and while I expect he can still be good maybe won't be as accurate or win as much as he has prior to this. The rest of his life he'll be the Barry Bonds of the NFL.

You think he was gaining that much of an advantage from deflated balls?

And how the hell did he play so damned well in the super bowl then?

Whole lotta stupid here. Just wow

Sure...though, we seem to come down on the hitters so much (and the big named pitchers like Clemens...). When there were probably a good 50% of the other pitchers on roids facing the roided up batters.

Any mention of Clemens with a true HOF, and clean, pitcher would result in a similar response. Though your post does bring up an interesting counter point.

We know that players in previous era's were abusing a variety of medications as well, some illegal and perhaps some not quite illegal.

Would it not be most fair and accurate to suggest that usage of medications to create an unfair competitive advantage is not new, but also too that perhaps the most recent incarnation created a situation where the imbalance was more profound?

You think he was gaining that much of an advantage from deflated balls?

And how the hell did he play so damned well in the super bowl then?

Whole lotta stupid here. Just wow

Maybe he only wanted deflated balls during inclement weather games, hence no issue during the SB. You could ask Tommy, but since he's already lied about this before.... :dunno:

He is 37 years old

He is 37 years old

He is also the super bowl MVP, against, according to Pats fans, the greatest defense ever. But go ahead and get the excuses out there, see how they play.