Sign in to follow this  
Team Selections...

new teams must be approved by 75% of league membership :D

Posty, you taking the Braves if Burt changes? That's your fave team too right?

Posty, you taking the Braves if Burt changes? That's your fave team too right?

It is my favorite team, but I will stick with the Nationals... Since I live near DC, every game is on TV, so I can watch them more frequently than the Braves...

The only serious reason I considered switching from the rays is that I do not have a "homer" team I like. Hate the yanks, not a met fan really.

Tampa is a team I always cheered for because they were the little guy doing it right with a great manager and gm combo and some fun young players. So when they gutted the team it's kinda like ehhh. There's another smaller market team I might swap to if burt switches to a team that focks me. :P

But if I had a true homer team, being that the essence of the league is geek homers, i'd likely stick it out thru thick and thin

so let me know when teams are finalized so I can start looking at things

New users have to be validated by Mike first...

I emailed him asking him to validate his ID...

He is validated, so he should be able to post...

The only serious reason I considered switching from the rays is that I do not have a "homer" team I like. Hate the yanks, not a met fan really.

Tampa is a team I always cheered for because they were the little guy doing it right with a great manager and gm combo and some fun young players. So when they gutted the team it's kinda like ehhh. There's another smaller market team I might swap to if burt switches to a team that focks me. :P

But if I had a true homer team, being that the essence of the league is geek homers, i'd likely stick it out thru thick and thin

As I mentioned before, the only reason I left the Tigers was that I literally could have been unable to field a roster with as little as one or two injuries. Even under the assumption that the person who took the Marlins would have avoided them, I would have had three positions with either one exclusive or two non-exclusive players as the only ones eligible for my team (and one of those positions, 2B, both of my eligible players were drafted in the first 20 picks last year). I probably would have been stuck trading Cabrera early in the season for spare parts so I could have a starter at every position.

When is the final date to change? I don't plan on changing just want to start researching

That would be cmh's call... But I would suggest maybe Monday next week at the latest??

I would agree with Monday. Then we can start rolling the bones. Draft starting by March 1. Should take about 3 weeks then the supplemental.

While Atlanta is still my favorite team, I never get a chance to watch them anymore (or very seldom anyway.) Living in Montana, I'm stuck watching the AL West mostly. Since the Rangers and Astros (my "home" teams growing up) are already taken, I'll go with Seattle since I'm technically in their market and I get most of their games. The Twins are actually the closest, but I refuse to take them because the locals here drive me crazy with Twins talk.

Also.....I'm confused on the 16th team. I recall seeing an email from posty a couple of days ago that led me to believe I didn't need to ask my friend from work about the Cubs because we had enough. Did I misread that? Am I now suppose to ask him?

We are anticipating and actually saved a spot for the Cubs and your friend. They are/were the 14th spot before the other additions.

While Atlanta is still my favorite team, I never get a chance to watch them anymore (or very seldom anyway.) Living in Montana, I'm stuck watching the AL West mostly. Since the Rangers and Astros (my "home" teams growing up) are already taken, I'll go with Seattle since I'm technically in their market and I get most of their games. The Twins are actually the closest, but I refuse to take them because the locals here drive me crazy with Twins talk.

Also.....I'm confused on the 16th team. I recall seeing an email from posty a couple of days ago that led me to believe I didn't need to ask my friend from work about the Cubs because we had enough. Did I misread that? Am I now suppose to ask him?

Yes... The email that I sent was asking for email address for him so I can send him an invite...

At least that was what I was supposed to ask for...

We are anticipating and actually saved a spot for the Cubs and your friend. They are/were the 14th spot before the other additions.

I thought I read somewhere above that someone was taking the Marlins. Anyway, I'll ask him. I wont have an answer until tonight, though. I'm working the midnight shift this week and he's working evenings so i wont see him until 10pm.

I thought I read somewhere above that someone was taking the Marlins. Anyway, I'll ask him. I wont have an answer until tonight, though. I'm working the midnight shift this week and he's working evenings so i wont see him until 10pm.

We had 13 returning and then you mentioned the Cubs with your friend... Then at the same time, GB had a father/son that wanted the Mets, so that was the 15th team... Then BC came with his nephew that took the Marlins and this was the 16th team...

Ah, OK. I missed the part about someone dropping out.

I'm set with my team. Lost 8 more exclusives with the addition of Seattle but I'm excited about the new teams and season. Really I am. Didn't gain1 fromthe loss of Atlanta. I'm super happy. Cumulative 19 lost exclusives. Damnit!

• Like 1

lets just lock the teams in so people can get to work doing any research and what not.

burt said he would try to chime in tonight with the last team

I'm set with my team. Lost 8 more exclusives with the addition of Seattle but I'm excited about the new teams and season. Really I am. Didn't gain1 fromthe loss of Atlanta. I'm super happy. Cumulative 19 lost exclusives. Damnit!

Sorry dude, I haven't even looked at anyone on the team yet so I have no idea which players you're referring to. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Smoak....and you can have him. :D

As for the 16th team, he's starting law school in a couple of weeks. I told him the draft would be the only real time consuming thing and that I'd help him out since this thing can be a little overwhelming the first time around. He's the type of guy who doesn't want to commit to something unless he can devote the proper time to it (in other words, he's no edjr). He wants a day to think more about it. If its OK, I'll let everyone know tomorrow evening. Personally, I'd count on it. The Cubs dont have a whole lot of players who will be affected...mainly just a few pitchers and some utility players. So I'd say start on your preparation with the Cubs included.

I took the liberty of going through the Cubs rosters from the past few years and that team will have a lot of exclusives and a lot of players who have only played for one or two teams that are taken. Hell, I wish I'd chosen them now! :D

Mets are going to be similar. Sure they will be in the draft battles some but most of their key players will be exclusive. Phillip was supposed to get in last night to here and Yahoo. He may have just gotten busy.

My buddy says he'll do it. He just registered as Cubs2015.

My buddy says he'll do it. He just registered as Cubs2015.

I sent Mike and email to ask him to approve his ID...

I also sent him a league invite...