Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Demarco Murray to the Iggles

Dallas fans would have sucked this guys pole a month ago. Now they're glad he's gone and Philly made a bad move. Bwahahahaha

A month ago, this Dallas fan (as well as a few others), were saying that they hoped the team did not offer Murray more than $5m a year. If he signed, great. If not, great too... Cowboys fans never envy anything of the Eagles - that would be like NE envying the Jets. :thumbsup:

A month ago, this Dallas fan (as well as a few others), were saying that they hoped the team did not offer Murray more than $5m a year. If he signed, great. If not, great too... Cowboys fans never envy anything of the Eagles - that would be like NE envying the Jets. :thumbsup:

Poor cap management by your futile front office is why you couldn't afford him. And he went to your nemesis. Double ouch. Pretend all you want, this one hurts.

Poor cap management by your futile front office is why you couldn't afford him. And he went to your nemesis. Double ouch. Pretend all you want, this one hurts.

Poor cap management has haunted this team for years - no doubt. But Stephen runs the show now and it has been clearly evident for a couple years that things are changing in that regard. Dallas had the money and cap space to give Murray $8, $9, even $10m a year had they wanted to. In fact, Jerry would have done it in a snap if he were driving the bus.... Just like Murray's decision was a business decision, as was Dallas' to not commit that kind of money to a rb. It's a win/win if you really look at it - least it is on paper right now.

Poor cap management has haunted this team for years - no doubt. But Stephen runs the show now and it has been clearly evident for a couple years that things are changing in that regard. Dallas had the money and cap space to give Murray $8, $9, even $10m a year had they wanted to. In fact, Jerry would have done it in a snap if he were driving the bus.... Just like Murray's decision was a business decision, as was Dallas' to not commit that kind of money to a rb. It's a win/win if you really look at it - least it is on paper right now.

Good luck with McFadden instead of the league's top rusher

It's an upgrade! Smart business.

Murray is worn out. The Boys need a fresh runner, like AP.

The Eagles are paying Murray $700,000 a year more than the Panthers are paying James Stewart! They were able to "trade" for him and and Alonso for McCoy, who is no better than Murray. He was the NFL's leading rusher last year and will e the fifth highest paid running back. Other teams offered ore money.

This is one of the saddest cases of sour grapes I've ever seen. Dallas fans would have sucked this guys pole a month ago. Now they're glad he's gone and Philly made a bad move. Bwahahahaha

ore money ?

:doh:

Well for 1 - McFadden is not a (nor the) featured back. He's going to share the load - much like your Matthews signing. Of which, by the way, McFadden played more games than last year. 2 - I think McFadden will be a great surprise. Finally he will have a Qb, a real Qb - not any of the J. Russell, J. Campbell, T. Pryor dogshiat he's had over the years. He will have a real offensive line for once, and also a real threat on the outside to pull the safety out of the box - no more 8 and 9 man fronts. For his 1st 3 years in the league the leading pass catcher on his teams was Zack Miller - a freaking TE. And 3rd - he came cheap. If he doesn't work out, gets hurt, whatever - he costs this team all of $200,000. I'll take that all day long - especially with his speed.

I'm also excited about drafting a rb. I've screamed for years to build this team thru the draft - Jerry's way used to be over paying FAs past their prime to try and get it done. It lead to cap hell and sorry ass teams. I'm of the system that believes better to let a player go a year early than a year late - this could very well turn out to be the case here.... I love the way restraint and reasoning is running this team now instead of emotion - I'll gladly roll the dice with that.

Speaking of good luck, good luck with your glass chinned Qb. McFadden will play more games than him next year.

Well for 1 - McFadden is not a (nor the) featured back. He's going to share the load - much like your Matthews signing. Of which, by the way, McFadden played more games than last year. 2 - I think McFadden will be a great surprise. Finally he will have a Qb, a real Qb - not any of the J. Russell, J. Campbell, T. Pryor dogshiat he's had over the years. He will have a real offensive line for once, and also a real threat on the outside to pull the safety out of the box - no more 8 and 9 man fronts. For his 1st 3 years in the league the leading pass catcher on his teams was Zack Miller - a freaking TE. And 3rd - he came cheap. If he doesn't work out, gets hurt, whatever - he costs this team all of $200,000. I'll take that all day long - especially with his speed.

I'm also excited about drafting a rb. I've screamed for years to build this team thru the draft - Jerry's way used to be over paying FAs past their prime to try and get it done. It lead to cap hell and sorry ass teams. I'm of the system that believes better to let a player go a year early than a year late - this could very well turn out to be the case here.... I love the way restraint and reasoning is running this team now instead of emotion - I'll gladly roll the dice with that.

Speaking of good luck, good luck with your glass chinned Qb. McFadden will play more games than him next year.

Did Dallas replace Romo?

NorthernVike, on 17 Mar 2015 - 7:40 PM, said:

Did Dallas replace Romo?

I know the Vikings' seasons are always over by late October - but maybe you missed Romo play last year. He's alive and well - coming off a season where he led the league in passer rating and completion %.

The NFL is set up to build/win through the draft... Teams that win every year are always benefitting off of huge production from guys on rooke contracts... Its where the biggest value relative to cost comes into play... paying market price for FA's and hoping they will equivilently outproduce their compensation just doesn't happen nearly as often.

McFadden or whoever the dallas feature back is will have more yards and TDs than murray,

murray was a product of a great offensive line, as are most running backs.

Neither of those guys are Barry Sanders/Adrian Peterson material.

:lol:

Eagles signings Maxwell and Murray make top-10 worst free-agent values

Most Philadelphia Eagles fans were ecstatic when Chip Kelly broke out the checkbook and sprung for Byron Maxwell and DeMarco Murray. However, there are some penny-pinchers out there who would view these expensive free-agent contracts as bad values for the club.

Among the latter is ESPN’s Mike Sando, who ranked the 10 worst values, or “overpays,” of the NFL’s 2015 free agency period. The Eagles are the only team that managed to crack the list twice.

First was Maxwell, who is second on the list behind only Ndamukong Suh’s outrageous payday from the Miami Dolphins. Sando touches on a lot of the key points that critics of Maxwell’s contract—six years, $63 million, $25 million guaranteed—have been harping on:

Maxwell signed a deal with $25 million fully guaranteed at signing even though he has played more than 13 games in a regular season just once since entering the league as a sixth-round pick in 2011. Teammate Richard Sherman has a higher annual average, but his deal carried $12.4 million fully guaranteed (Sherman had time remaining on his deal, whereas Maxwell benefited from a wild cornerback market). How will Maxwell fare in a defense without the cast of playmakers he lined up with in Seattle?

The former Seattle Seahawk previously made Bill Barnwell’s list of the 10 worst free-agent dealsas well, and the Grantland scribe may have put it best.

It’s not that Maxwell is a bad player, of course, but that the Eagles are paying him like he’s one of the league’s best cornerbacks out of sheer desperation in a thin cornerback market. The absolute best-case scenario is that Maxwell lives up to this deal, but these kinds of contracts almost always turn out to be mistakes.

The Eagles were more or less forced to sign a free-agent cornerback, and aside from Darrelle Revis—who turns 30 this year and also signed a whopper of a deal—Maxwell was the best option available. The good news is the team can get out from under this contract after two seasons with relatively little damage, but in the short-term, Philly is paying a bundle for a player who isn’t truly established.

The opposite is true of Murray, who arrives in town as the reigning NFL rushing champion. Some of Murray’s negative qualities are well established, too, as Sando ranks the back No. 6 in free-agent overpays.

In Dallas, Murray essentially had one highly productive season running behind arguably the NFL's best offensive line. He missed 11 games over the previous three seasons. Murray gets a $5 million signing bonus and another $13 million in fully guaranteed salary stretching into the third year of the deal.

Allow me to pile on. After touching the ball around 500 times between regular season and playoffs with the Dallas Cowboys in 2014, history suggests Murray is likely to be injured or decline. He also has issues with holding on to the football—12 over the past three seasons, including playoffs. Finally, you could argue against paying a 27-year-old back big money up to his 30s on principle alone. Heck, you could even ask whether this level of commitment was necessary or a luxury for the Eagles.

You won’t find any disagreement on these rankings from me, as I’ve been critical of both signings to different degrees.

For what it’s worth, a couple of former Eagles appeared on the list as well. The Buffalo Bills awarding LeSean McCoy five years, $40 million was ranked seventh on Sando’s list, and arguably could’ve been higher. The Kansas City Chiefs agreeing to pay Jeremy Maclin $11 million per year was right behind at No. 8.

Of course, this is what free agency is all about more often than not. The players that are available usually are there for a reason, and the few good ones rake when teams are desperate to fill their needs. Unfortunately, some people think the Eagles may have revealed their desperation not once, but twice.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/eagles-signings-maxwell-and-murray-make-top-10-worst-free-agent-values?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Beagles release one of Murray's blockers today - Evan Mathis cut.... What was the deal with this - this guy was a Pro Bowler?

C. Kelly basically swapped L. McCoy for D. Murray and K. Alonso - which isn't terrible..... But you have to ask - is Murray an upgrade over McCoy? And is Murray worth $8m a year if he's going to split carries with Sproiles & Matthews? :dunno:

the problem is that you won't know what murry you get. The murry that was a beast last year while not getting touched for a league leading 5 yards into the run or the murry that is injury prone while not being allowed that full head of steam.

Beagles release one of Murray's blockers today - Evan Mathis cut.... What was the deal with this - this guy was a Pro Bowler?

shady playing the race card again

shady playing the race card again

Maybe Chip mistook him for a brotha. :D

I don't think Mathis will be on the market long - bet he's picked up by 2morow.

Maybe Chip mistook him for a brotha. :D

I don't think Mathis will be on the market long - bet he's picked up by 2morow.

just another player irritated with his contract