Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Today Is Pie Day

Actually....its even a more special Pi day!

That wont happen for another 100 years! Bonus points if you celebrate it at 9:26:53AM.

Sadly, the ultimate Pi day will never occur again...03/14/1592.

Also, happy birthday Einstein!

That wont happen for another 100 years!

Funny! My dock is in the punch!

I see what you were tring to do and I get it.

I actually got into a somewhat heated argument today with one of my co workers about Pi.

He swore that it was 3.1416.

after I proved him wrong (3.1415) he went off on a tangent that for mathmatical purposes, they always round up the 5 to a 6 given that a 9 follows the 5.

Mebbe he's correct and i'm wrong, but I was very adamant with my stance. Non wavering, if you will.

Funny thing abot pi is that so far it's never ending, yet supposedly no repeating pattern in the numbers.

I liked learning about Pi today. Obviously I knew the basics as far as Pretty cool not having too much of a life to where I can brush up on Trivial Pursuit kinda stuff.

Obviously already knew about what it means, but didn't know about the lack of any repeating pattern, nor how many goobers set up shop to see if they can find the final digit.

http://www.numberworld.org/misc_runs/pi-12t/

Fuckin trekkies

I just re-read my above post.

I cringed :(

Sorry

That wont happen for another 100 years! Bonus points if you celebrate it at 9:26:53AM.

MIT releases their list of admitted students for the next year on Pi Day, typically at Tau time (tau = 2*Pi, or 6:28). This year because of the special Pi Day, they announced them at the time you mentioned, further extending Pi instead of using Tau.

Interesting article on Pi vs. Tau if you are a math geek. It also mentions the MIT tradition:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/let-s-use-tau-it-s-easier-than-pi/

• Like 1

I see what you were tring to do and I get it.

I actually got into a somewhat heated argument today with one of my co workers about Pi.

He swore that it was 3.1416.

after I proved him wrong (3.1415) he went off on a tangent that for mathmatical purposes, they always round up the 5 to a 6 given that a 9 follows the 5.

Mebbe he's correct and i'm wrong, but I was very adamant with my stance. Non wavering, if you will.

Funny thing abot pi is that so far it's never ending, yet supposedly no repeating pattern in the numbers.

I liked learning about Pi today. Obviously I knew the basics as far as Pretty cool not having too much of a life to where I can brush up on Trivial Pursuit kinda stuff.

Obviously already knew about what it means, but didn't know about the lack of any repeating pattern, nor how many goobers set up shop to see if they can find the final digit.

http://www.numberworld.org/misc_runs/pi-12t/

Fuckin trekkies

You were right :cheers: