Sign in to follow this  
Artista

Moslem Flight Attendant Refuses to Serve Booze

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/09/01/muslim-civil-liberties-group-files-eeo-complaint-claiming-airline-violated-flight-attendants-constitutional-rights/

Another wtf are you doing in a job in which a part of your duties includes going against your beliefs. :wall: I say toss her in jail next to Kimbers.

Stone her to death

Ha!

Seems employers need to itemize every detail of what the job entails and have the applicant initial each one saying I accept and will do. That way you can toss the azz out when they don't comply and the religious beliefs crap wouldn't be a defense because you knew and signed the dotted line! :crazy:

A tad different in that you don't have a constitutional right to booze on an airplane.

But still, dumb.

It's OK for Muslim flight attendants to refuse to serve alcohol. But Christian caterers must bake dong shaped wedding cakes.

A tad different in that you don't have a constitutional right to booze on an airplane.

But still, dumb.

No, but if you have signed off on the detailed job description as you understand and would do and then don't, grounds to be fired without this religious beliefs defense stuff.

It's OK for Muslim flight attendants to refuse to serve alcohol. But Christian caterers must bake dong shaped wedding cakes.

:doublethumbsup:

Why do people care if someone does something against their religion? It's not your problem. Just live your life and let people live theirs.

But still, dumb.

You don't have a "constitutional right" to booze in a bar. What do you suppose would happen if a bartender chose not to serve you due to their religious beliefs and said they had an arrangement with another bartender to do it for her?

No, but if you have signed off on the detailed job description as you understand and would do and then don't, grounds to be fired without this religious beliefs defense stuff.

Sure, but it's a different thing altogether like I said.

You don't have a "constitutional right" to booze in a bar. What do you suppose would happen if a bartender chose not to serve you due to their religious beliefs and said they had an arrangement with another bartender to do it for her?

I can tell already that you will be unable to follow this line of thought. :wave:

I can tell already that you will be unable to follow this line of thought. :wave:

:lol:

Why do people care if someone does something against their religion? It's not your problem. Just live your life and let people live theirs.

Because if I am on a 30 hour flight, as I recently was, I might want some focking booze to wash the sleeping pill down with?

Or if the condom breaks, I want her to be able to buy a morning after pill without some sanctimonious kunt giving her sh!t about it?

I don't give a Fock what your beliefs are. But while you are at work in a SERVICE INDUSTRY job, stfu and fetch my drink b!tch. Hell, you're gonna charge me $12 for it anyway.

I'd like to see what shotsup and wiff think about this.... :o

I think he can.

Actually it is my problem if I want a drink and they won't give it to me despite a policy of their employer that they will. If I knew that in advance I would fly a different airline.

Because if I am on a 30 hour flight, as I recently was, I might want some focking booze to wash the sleeping pill down with?

Or if the condom breaks, I want her to be able to buy a morning after pill without some sanctimonious kunt giving her sh!t about it?

I don't give a Fock what your beliefs are. But while you are at work in a SERVICE INDUSTRY job, stfu and fetch my drink b!tch. Hell, you're gonna charge me $12 for it anyway.

I get it, even say you're Jewish and you work in a deli, you don't eat pork but are you going to deny anyone who orders a BLT? it, make them their sandwich.

Now if this lady owned the airline she can serve whatever she wants, but since she doesn't, her

Ha!

Seems employers need to itemize every detail of what the job entails and have the applicant initial each one saying I accept and will do. That way you can toss the azz out when they don't comply and the religious beliefs crap wouldn't be a defense because you knew and signed the dotted line! :crazy:

Yep,it's the slippery slope effect that I worry about with most of the recent wackadoo stuff that's been happening lately.

We had a big hubub here in Minneapolis a few years ago because the muzzy cab drivers didn't want to service anyone that was going for groceries and would buy liquor.

They were pretty much told to fock off and find a new job. :thumbsup: