Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

What are the odds of the Colts Signing another RB?

Gore is 32 has been injury prone over much of his career (last couple years ok), They released Herron, Ballard is still recovering from an injury, and Robinson has a concussion.

I'm thinking they must have someone in their back pocket.

or is their management actually that bad for planning?

You are right. They do have someone in their back pocket......literally.

His name is Tyler Varga, and he is the real deal.

The Varga Bus is coming. :bandana:

Gore is 32 has been injury prone over much of his career (last couple years ok), They released Herron, Ballard is still recovering from an injury, and Robinson has a concussion.

or is their management actually that bad for planning?

Has anyone picked up Jonas Gray yet?

He may have been injury prone in the beginning of his career, but he has played in all 16 games the last 4 years so that statement would be false.

He is 32 and that is certainly a concern, but I like his situation to have a good year in that offense.

as a gore owner I hope they use someone as a COP so he can hold up all year. 15-20 touches and all the GL work is all I'm looking for.

He may have been injury prone in the beginning of his career, but he has played in all 16 games the last 4 years so that statement would be false.

He is 32 and that is certainly a concern, but I like his situation to have a good year in that offense.

at 30 years old, a lot of players with a history of good health start getting hurt.

up until recently Gore was injury prone. he also has a physical running style. For him it's a matter of when, not if.

at 30 years old, a lot of players with a history of good health start getting hurt.

up until recently Gore was injury prone. he also has a physical running style. For him it's a matter of when, not if.

How do you figure? Hes only missed 12 of the 160 games he couldve played in.. Id say those are great numbers.

Last four seasons Gore has played in every game .

Even if you disregard Gores injury history early in his career.

you cant ignore his age.

If you do, you are in denial.

I was in Denial when LT turned 30. I figured hes in top shape, one of the best RB's of all time, I'll get a couple more years out of him.

The wheels fell off and I got burned.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Gore to put up a good to great season.

I am saying the odds are against it. and if you are an Indy fan, you should wanna know what plan B is.

when people turn 30, two things start to happen, Skills erode, and your ability to avoid injury or recover from injury goes in the toilet. Usually one of the two will affect RB's because of the physically demanding nature of the position.

other things also start to happen. Hands not as good (more fumbles, more dropped passes), burst not quite as good.

it's a slippery slope once you are on it. and 30 seems to be the point where most people step on that slippery slope.

It is prudent to get a handcuff if you own gore, and if you are an indy fan, you want someone who can step in to get it done in the event Gore isnt doing it. It's just good team management. You probably also want someone who Gore can mentor. That is also good team management.