Sign in to follow this  
theonus

Giants Fan ban is ending

Here is a message from him:

Sorry guys. I know I deserved to be banned, but I don't remember a lot. I had a couple manic episodes where I got into some whiskey, and it was just bad news. I apologize.

That being said, I heard someone asked for me to "come clean" regarding 9/11. Since I was banned, I wasn't able to post. So, here is my true story.

I didn't even live in New York State on 9/11. I lived in Hobokken, NJ. Now, I did work in Manhattan, at the time, had a full time job for a international publisher whos offices were located in Chelsea. 17th st, I believe. downtown. I lived in Manhattan for years on 12th street, was never disputed that I lived/worked in NYC.

Ok, here is the thing. My first report from the scene was not true. I got the specific minutes mixed up in my memory. I was not sure 100 percent, that both towers had been hit, until I exitd the subway station at about 9:25 and I excitd the north end of 14th street, turnd and looked back ... and yep, both towers had been hit, and I knew it was a terrorist attack. But at first I thought the second plane hit while I was taking the PATH train under the Hudson River. That was a weird train ride. Last one of the day for sure, and it blew right past the Wall Street stop and I think 14th was the first stop.

So, at first, i wasn't sure exactly where I was at each exact minute that morning, and I realize what happened. I remember specific things, that in the moment, didn't seem to matter. I knew it was a terrorist attack before I got on that PATH train, and I remember thinking, as of course all the other giys on the train ... if anybody makes a weird move ... dude, ppl were tense. All men on that ttrain. i remember looking over their faces,,the look of concern. Several of them had witnessed the second plane impact. I had a building blocking my view, right by the PATH station when it hit, and mostly what I saw was people reactimg to it. Screaming and crying and freaking out. And I remembered later a guy said to me "it was two planes, like 5 minutes apart." and I kinda smiled as I pit it all together, "It's a terrorist attack." and I ran to,catch that train ... thinking, somehow, I might be able to help. And I was late for work.

I did get to work, and from work I somehow found the time to post here, as the resident NYer, "Confirmed. Both towers hit." or something of that nature at about 10:00 AM. For awhile there was a pdf floating around of that thread that was made for posterity.

By 11 AM I was at St. Vincent Hospital, getting in line, or "on line" as they say back East, to give blood. People were passing around cold cuts and fruit, because you are supposed to eat before you give blood, and other people, years later have told the exact same story, of beimg in this line. Cold cuts and bannanas. Probably because it really happened.

And then a nurse or a doctress, do you call them? With like 36 Bs but firm, came out and said "If you didn't eat breakfast, get out of line. If you don't know your blood type, get out of line. Etc. "We only want O positive right now." or something to that effect. And a cop was yelling at people to go home, and I used my extra loud voice to yell, "You heard the man! Clear the streets! Go home if you can! DISPERSE!"

So, that's what we did. We left, went and ate lunch, preparing to return and discuss if we knew what our blood types were, and we didn't. So, then I went back to work. Blood banks across the tristate area were full and didn't need any blood for months. Locations closed. But extra blood wouldn't have saved anyone that survived being in the collapse. You either made it, fairly unscathed ... or you got pulverized into little tiny bits and pieces.

Then, back at work, a group of people I worked with, and also lived in Jersey heard there were Ferry's back across the river. See, every day hundreds of thousands of people from NJ commute to NYC. That was gonna be a big problem, and despite early reports that it was all shut down and there was no way "in or out of Manhattan", there were in fact a lot of boats, effectively evacuating people that afternoon, and I was able to get to Weehawken, and I hiked back to my Apt in Hoboken.

I never claimed to have volunteerd at ground zero, or saved anyones lives, or even witnessed either tower fall, or either plane impact. I simply told my story.

So, "come clean" you say, after all these years? it's a true story. Not even that amzing of a story.

Now, if you wanna joke that I was a "hero" because I did such a thing as to get in a line of people to give blood ... thats fine. There were a lot of heros that day, and just like all heros, I say, "Anybody else woulda done the same thing." But the BS rumor/lie that I lied about being a hero .... I DID NOT GIVE BLOOD, but I was going too. Whatever. I admit that I initially had the timing down wrong. The second plane hit before I got on the PATH train. I later remembered details that confirm it.

I was mistaken. I had the timing wrong. I have admitted this before.

I never made any kinda outlandish claim like, I was in the tower but escaped kinda BS. That shiat is not cool yo. Real heroes like myself get a bad rap because of these fake hero mfers.

UNderstand that 90% of the funny is embellishing the story ourselves to make it more hilarious when we accuse someone of making stuff up. So when your perfectly believable story is "I ran to give blood and there was all sorts of chaos." We will tell the outlandishly edited version of "Didn't you carry an old lady in one arm out of the building while punching Osama?".

And that is fine. Maybe back then I got overly upset about jokes, but I did see some crazy shiat, like ppl jumpimg, but I didn't spend a lot of time just standing there and watching. A lotta people saw worse stuff than I did. The jokes about it, are totally fine though, now. i am OK even with the GF "lied" jokes, just as long as everyone knows the truth.

If ppl hate me because they think I lied about being a hero on 9/11 ... It's not a joke anymore.

There are liveleak videos of people straight up jumping to their deaths out of windows. Burn or fall? I'm outa here!

I don't know if I saw photos or actually saw this,,or just heard about it and think I saw it ... a man and a woman, held hands and jumped together.

9:25 to 9:30 I was at 14th to 16 th street and 7th ave.

Weird scene. Like the whole city just stopped. I remember a guy like in his deli apron just standing innthe street looking back at the burning towers ... I was close enough I could tell what was happening ... and then I just could not watch anymore.

You know that falling nightmare everyone has? After that, that nightmare changed for me. Now inside a building as it goes over.

Here's my 9/11 story

I was sleeping. The phone rang.

"Hello"

It's my mother. "Jeff, something big is happeing turn on the TV."

There was only one tower hit at that time. I saw the other one hit on TV, the one a the Pentagon, false reports that the White House had been hit, and the one in the Pennsylvania field.

I wound up watching TV all morning glue to CNN and a hell of a lot more the next few days. The coverage was pretty intense.

At some point I went online to put in a waiver claim for whoever the WR3 was in Denver that year since it appeared that Ed McCaffrey had suffered a season ending injury on MNF the night before.

My great-uncle, my grandmother's younger brother, the one with all the DiMaggio family stories, had died a couple of days earlier like 9/8 or 9/9 and my brother's flight was cancelled. My brother wound up missing the funeral.

Here's my 9/11 story

I was sleeping. The phone rang.

"Hello"

It's my mother. "Jeff, something big is happeing turn on the TV."

There was only one tower hit at that time. I saw the other one hit on TV, the one a the Pentagon, false reports that the White House had been hit, and the one in the Pennsylvania field.

I wound up watching TV all morning glue to CNN and a hell of a lot more the next few days. The coverage was pretty intense.

At some point I went online to put in a waiver claim for whoever the WR3 was in Denver that year since it appeared that Ed McCaffrey had suffered a season ending injury on MNF the night before.

My great-uncle, my grandmother's younger brother, the one with all the DiMaggio family stories, had died a couple of days earlier like 9/8 or 9/9 and my brother's flight was cancelled. My brother wound up missing the funeral.

Wow, I remember that...poor Easy Ed.

My Mom and Step-Dad were scheduled to fly out of NYC, Laguardia I think, about 11 AM. That APT is noisy, St. vincent being like 2 blocks away. Windows facing 8th ave, lotta sirens, normal shiat in NYC. My first call from work (didnt have a cell phone) at about 9:35

Mom: Hello

Me: Turn on the TV.

Mom: What channel?

Me: It doesn't matter.

Mom: Oh.

True story, end of the day, on the ferry out of Chelsea Piers, once we pulled away from Manhattan, here it was 4 PM and this huge plume of smoke. Some woman said, "Who could hate us this much? To do something like this?"

And I said to her, "Have you heard of these people that blow up ancient Bhudist temples and outlaw music in Afghanistan?" and some guy said, "The Taliban." and I said,,"Yeah, the Taliban."

Now, that was a pretty good call for someone totally unfamiliar with the intel ... i knew exactly who it was.

I knew it wasn't Iraq.

And then, so, on top of this worst attack on the nation, in the coming months there was also a dramatic call to action, because our scumbag president was setting this all up to finish what his daddy started, instead of fighting a smart war against terrorism. D!ck Cheney had to quit as CEO of Haliburton to be VP. i mean how shady does that sound to start with, by todays standards? Corporate guy just, "Yeah, OK, I'll be VP. Sure."

Get ready for war boys .... we are gonna get rich.

Do you know what the largest anti-war protests since Viet Nam were? Anti Gulf War 2. After 9/11. I marched in the streets in NYC. I wrote an editor lambasting his irresponsible writers that were pro war in my hometown newspaper and they published it. I made a website, where I constantly made fun of our idiot president for his first 4 years in office.

I felt obligated, to go forward. To try and have a larger impact. And I tried to do it with humor. Before jibjab, they totally ripped me off ... was OK though, I released a monster ... Before youtube even. I had to host the videos myself. So, you are constantly giving up quality for quick loading, etc. Did it all with Flash. Was a Mac guy forever, but to be honest I found the Windows machines handled big Flash files better back then. Rendering and shiat.

Predicted the Iraq war in my "Bushzilla" cartoon, set to BOC's Godzilla. Put a link there to buy BOC, Don't Fear The Reaper CDs ... nobody ever complained about a copyright infringement.

@40 seconds: Bushzilla claw covers Enron logo turning upside down

@53 seconds: The single word "IRAQ" appears in the upper right corner, while Bushzilla heads towards the "center of town".

There were some other guys thst were early on that political scene, and I was inviting of people to contribute, and a guy known as Bad_CRC submitted a flash game to me called Bushtirs. Like Terris, but all the blocks are square, easy, and even if you lose, some chick from Florida with too much makeup says you win.

I was kind of in awe. You see, before BushCartoon.com and it's amazing number of visitors, like right out of the box, June 2000. It went viral with the Dukes of Hazard thing (also, at the time, emailed a rep of Waylon Jennings, saying, please don't sue me. You can, and you will win, and I will hafta shut it down, just please don't, and he never did).

Anyway, here was Bad_CRC, emailing me this game he made, letting me use it on my site.

THAT Bad_CRC? All your base, Bad_CRC?

Yep.

In case of emergency, break glass. Individual voices and parodies will only take off from what I did 15 years ago.

You can't own political parody. Nice try, jibjab.

TrumpCartoon.com?

Dis wood be, tha most glorious, top shelf, classiest website, ever made. I promise you. Within a week, it would be the top website in the world.

End of story.

I got some guys, they can do amazing work. Alright, so I write it, give them like basic graphics and stlye sheets, they do the tedious animation to my sound recordings. I can do a decent accent myself, but I prolly sound more like Deniro. That's my basic, pretend New York accent ... deniro. i'm from Arizona.

Exactly. Wouldn't call myself a hero. But then, the guy that gave me water and gave several other people water, that were hiking home in NJ ... That guy was a hero to me ... just doing a small thing to help.

That is exactly what I want to be clear about though. I didn't give blood, I didn't rescue anyone, i didn't go digging in the rubble, I don't consider myself a hero, never claimed to be a hero.

That's a word, you people came up with, to describe ... my bravery, that morning.

I thought about volunteering at the soup kitchen the other day.

I didn't actually do it, but still, I consider myself a bit of a hero just for thinking about it :bandana:

Why pretend you are not GFIAFP...and then act just like yourself?

You are not fooling anyone.

Exactly. Wouldn't call myself a hero. But then, the guy that gave me water and gave several other people water, that were hiking home in NJ ... That guy was a hero to me ... just doing a small thing to help.

That is exactly what I want to be clear about though. I didn't give blood, I didn't rescue anyone, i didn't go digging in the rubble, I don't consider myself a hero, never claimed to be a hero.

That's a word, you people came up with, to describe ... my bravery, that morning.

So you lied about giving blood. What's the opposite of "hero"? That's what you are.