Sign in to follow this  
SuperSteelers

Latavius Murray injury

He's dealt with concussion issues in the past. If he can't go this week, who is the RB in Oakland you want to own? To be honest, I don't even know if Helu is healthy.

Roy Helu

Marcel Reece

Taiwan Jones

There's another thread somewhere around here about this topic. Check in there for homer analysis.

But as a Murray owner.....who's already lost Charles and Lewis and really needs Murray this weekend.....I'm avoiding the backfield if Murray is out. Sounds like they'll divvy up touches between Jones, Reece and Helu......with the latter maybe getting the most touches of that trio. But sounds like there is little clarity in that situation.

Reece is pretty much an H back, and they need to dig around the basement of the Oakland Coliseum to find some stickem for Jones. Olawale is basically a mini fridge.

Helu is the best all around back they have after Murray. Period.

• Like 1

Reece is pretty much an H back, and they need to dig around the basement of the Oakland Coliseum to find some stickem for Jones.....

Oh Yeah! ..locate ol' Lester "the Molester" Hayes' locker in the bowels of the Coliseum and break out that stickem!

It's unfortunate Helu lacks some size and not higher on the depth chart. I'd love to see Musgrave & Co utilize him more. Carr finding him on the screens & check downs would be a thing of beauty. That said, don't underestimate Musgrave schemes here... Long Live Lester the Molester!!!

Oh Yeah! ..locate ol' Lester "the Molester" Hayes' locker in the bowels of the Coliseum and break out that stickem!

It's unfortunate Helu lacks some size and not higher on the depth chart. I'd love to see Musgrave & Co utilize him more. Carr finding him on the screens & check downs would be a thing of beauty. That said, don't underestimate Musgrave schemes here... Long Live Lester the Molester!!!

Don't misunderestimate Helu's size, he runs 5' 11" 210 lbs and is almost as fast as Murray. His problems stem from being hurt during pre-season and camp, and probably falling behind. Seriously if Murray can't go I'd expect Helu getting that role, in which he should do well until he gets nicked.

Of course the staff could get an epiphany with Reese, but they've used him as an H back almost exclusively for years.

• Like 1

I don't see Helu being the number one guy if Murray can't play , that's just how I feel about this situation. .

Per Vic Tafur's twitter, he suited up in practice (although no helmet) but isn't going through drills.

Reece I think will be the guy to play if you need to play a rb from the Raiders if Murray does not play .