Sign in to follow this  
Saints1

Give me your opinion on: McFadden for Deangelo

The week before Dallas/Seattle I picked up McFadden to replace Foster. The next waiver period Deangleo was picked up (yeah the bell owner didn't handcuff!). Anyway that guy that got Deangelo is a well known Dallas homer so I offered McFadden for deagelo. Well, he accepted and now 3 guys in our league are all bent out of shape. Our league allows trade rejections but that has never happened. Is that trade so one sided? Let me have it.

Depends on how you rate them ROS. DWill has obviously been ridiculous in relief of bell but there's no guarantee he doesn't slow down. McFadden plays behind the best o'line in football and when romo comes back he'll be even better.

I think the guy who made that trade with you is an idiot but I don't think the trade is so lopsided it should be blocked.

Depends on your respective records, if he's out of the playoff hunt then yeah, I don't think it should be allowed, but a legit team making moves, can't argue with it.

What irritates me the most is one of the guys doing all the griping traded Diggs and Chris Johnson to a team for Davante Freeman. He already had Gurley and no one bats an eye or goes to the message board barking.

What irritates me the most is one of the guys doing all the griping traded Diggs and Chris Johnson to a team for Davante Freeman. He already had Gurley and no one bats an eye or goes to the message board barking.

Because that seems like a legit trade. Freeman was an absolute beast for a stretch there but I don't think anyone thought he'd continue on that pace, and he hasn't. Diggs could be huge ROS. He had a slow week last week but bridgwater was out a good portion of that game and will be back this week. Otherwise he's been a stud. CJ?K is a legit FF starter, if anything he might have over paid but time will tell.

It's fair, tell them to stop whining. McFadden has put up good numbers and they should get better when Romo returns. Williams has been a freak, but he's still the same Williams that played in Carolina. There's always a chance he slows down. Same holds true with McFadden.

Depends on how you rate them ROS. DWill has obviously been ridiculous in relief of bell but there's no guarantee he doesn't slow down. McFadden plays behind the best o'line in football and when romo comes back he'll be even better.

I think the guy who made that trade with you is an idiot but I don't think the trade is so lopsided it should be blocked.

Depends on your respective records, if he's out of the playoff hunt then yeah, I don't think it should be allowed, but a legit team making moves, can't argue with it.

I really wish people would stop talking out of ass about the Cowboys offensive line. The Cowboys line hasn't been graded as the best line at any point this year, but the Steelers line has. According to Football Outsiders the Steelers line is still ranked above the Cowboys, but behind NE, Cincy and Arizona. There's no real difference in the two guys right now. Both are a bit brittle and are being used too much at this point. Both their schedules are about equal, with Williams facing 1 good run defense, 1 bad run defense and 4 middle of the pack ones. McFadden faces 2 good, 2 bad and the rest are middle of the pack. Neither can be completely judged on what they have done because both have been missing their QB's.

To the OP: Not a damn thing wrong with that trade. McFadden has been plugging along for a bit longer than Williams this season. Both are being overused but should face easier sledding in the near future with their QB's back. I have McFadden and if the trade deadline hadn't happened already would have traded him in a heartbeat for Williams to the Cowboys fan than picked up DeAngelo.

It's fair, tell them to stop whining. McFadden has put up good numbers and they should get better when Romo returns. Williams has been a freak, but he's still the same Williams that played in Carolina. There's always a chance he slows down. Same holds true with McFadden.

I'm going to differ here a bit. Williams isn't quite the same as he was in Carolina. First off, he's in better shape, having dropped 15 lbs this offseason. And with the Panthers he had a VERY talented backfield mate in Stewart, a QB that is TD stealing fiend, a more questionable line, and little in the way of the passing game. He's got horses in front of him and all around him in Pittsburgh, and nobody to compete with, plus he get used in the passing game more frequently. As long as they are healthy (not a given in either case) both should perform like top 5 RB the rest of they way. The big difference, good and bad, is that Williams still has a bye week to go. That may keep him healthier, but he loses a week of contribution for his FF owner.

Its absolutely not vetoeable and its 2 viable players. Nothing wrong with it. That said, DWill is a hotter commodity, but still no reason to say its lopsided. If it was christine Michael for DWill, then they can veto.

I really wish people would stop talking out of ass about the Cowboys offensive line. The Cowboys line hasn't been graded as the best line at any point this year, but the Steelers line has. According to Football Outsiders the Steelers line is still ranked above the Cowboys, but behind NE, Cincy and Arizona. There's no real difference in the two guys right now. Both are a bit brittle and are being used too much at this point. Both their schedules are about equal, with Williams facing 1 good run defense, 1 bad run defense and 4 middle of the pack ones. McFadden faces 2 good, 2 bad and the rest are middle of the pack. Neither can be completely judged on what they have done because both have been missing their QB's.

To the OP: Not a damn thing wrong with that trade. McFadden has been plugging along for a bit longer than Williams this season. Both are being overused but should face easier sledding in the near future with their QB's back. I have McFadden and if the trade deadline hadn't happened already would have traded him in a heartbeat for Williams to the Cowboys fan than picked up DeAngelo.

Ok one of the best, chill the eff out dude. The SIWOTI is strong with this one.

Do I think its a bad trade for the guy giving of D Williams? Yes, but that is his fault and in no way should be rejected. People make dumb trades all the time, that's half the fun of FF is trying to convince someone into a trade.

Now, if it was a team that is 0-9 trading away D williams for a backup TE or something, yes that should be rejected

The week before Dallas/Seattle I picked up McFadden to replace Foster. The next waiver period Deangleo was picked up (yeah the bell owner didn't handcuff!). Anyway that guy that got Deangelo is a well known Dallas homer so I offered McFadden for deagelo. Well, he accepted and now 3 guys in our league are all bent out of shape. Our league allows trade rejections but that has never happened. Is that trade so one sided? Let me have it.

No I don't think it's that one sided .

The key tidbit in all of this is the play of the Steeler's offensive line. They were possessed in the Raiders game to the point I was screaming at the TV for holding calls. Eventually Aldon Smith got through to knock out Ben. But that line has been doing yeomans work considering the injuries that have occurred.

I read somewhere that throwing something at the tv is better than yelling at the tv for holding calls .