Sign in to follow this  
chiz3

"Expert opinions"

Do you guys hate when the so- called experts pick half your team as "must starts?" Couple weeks ago they had my K as my highest rated scorer...needless to say I put up huge numbers. This week is the opposite! I have 4 starts of the week...sh!tting my pants!! Good luck to all

Experts opinions have nothing to do with your teams performance.

Rankings slave

Unless the experts pay your entry fee, don't listen to them. You have just as much as a shot as anyone in predicting performance, especially if you do your homework and keep your eyes and ears open.

• Like 1

Do you guys hate when the so- called experts pick half your team as "must starts?" Couple weeks ago they had my K as my highest rated scorer...needless to say I put up huge numbers. This week is the opposite! I have 4 starts of the week...sh!tting my pants!! Good luck to all

Go clean yourself up and calm down . Just ride it out .

Experts are only good for showing me the trends wich are just as fickle as any stat. This team has allowed the most points to RBs etc. Iv gotten 0 from the start of the week and Iv gotten big games from bust of the week. Just play your best guys and pray, there's nothing you can do.

Experts are only good for showing me the trends wich are just as fickle as any stat. This team has allowed the most points to RBs etc. Iv gotten 0 from the start of the week and Iv gotten big games from bust of the week. Just play your best guys and pray, there's nothing you can do.

I only use expert advice at this point if they have solid defensive matchup information at the position.

I only use expert advice at this point if they have solid defensive matchup information at the position.

Information like the Chargers run D stinks and is a great match-up for West? :dunno: :doh:

Adding to this, finding the guys that compile the best analytics and trends (many of the guys at fftoday) and leaning on them to make decisions is about the best we can do as players. It's what separates the guys over at Yahoo! from the smaller boutique sites like this.

Information like the Chargers run D stinks and is a great match-up for West? :dunno: :doh:

Certainly the exception and not the rule. I think being featured at like every analysts #1 play def. makes it sting more, but in a week were many of the RB1's are falling flat he does have 8.5 PPR...

EDIT: West is injured and uh, being looked at...

Yes, that was good information. if West doesn't tweak his hammy he likely has 100+ yards and 2 TDs, given the performance from his backup (not Davis, btw).

• Like 1

I don't rely on what the expert say. Just saying... their starts of the week...Lamar Miller-tanked, Derek Carr-tanked, must have of the week Woodhead-tanked!!

I don't rely on what the expert say. Just saying... their starts of the week...Lamar Miller-tanked, Derek Carr-tanked, must have of the week Woodhead-tanked!!

See comment above. You'd do well to avoid those types of recommendations and instead digest the more analytical guys that deep dive versus topical metrics. It's also impossible for people to predict the weather forecast on Wednesday – something a lot of people forget.

And remember, the player pool exists in a box. It's not like there were a dozen RB's this week that set the world on fire, nor many RB's that went nuts who were recommended sits.

Expert opinions is like cooking with onions , they will make you cry if you use them .

Expert opinions led me to start Gates 0 over Eiferts already got a td game. KC soft on TE, Cards tough. Fabiano also was scared of Doug Martin since the Eagles had been tough on RBs but I started him anyway.

DONT LISTEN TO ANY FOCKING EXPERTS. They are no more likely to pan out than flipping a coin between comparable players.

Expert opinions led me to start Gates 0 over Eiferts already got a td game. KC soft on TE, Cards tough. Fabiano also was scared of Doug Martin since the Eagles had been tough on RBs but I started him anyway.

DONT LISTEN TO ANY FOCKING EXPERTS. They are no more likely to pan out than flipping a coin between comparable players.

Uh, KC has allowed the fewest fantasy points to TE's, like a stupid low number, 4.4 points a game. 28 receptions in 9 games for 279 yards, AZ just slight better, 4.5 points a game. Gates is on you. When in doubt you always go the better player right?

Fabiano is a tool, and while PHI is good against the run, they've been getting destroyed lately (Miller and Ajaya, Stewart, McFadden) and unless you're stacked at the flex Doug Martin is un-benchable. So again, if you're going to listen to hot takes versus the analysts and experts who actually use data to back up their feedback, that's on you.

But this very site has the info I just mentioned helping you in your 'coin-flip'.

The younger guys might not know, but there once was a guy called Jimmy the Greek. Every Sunday morning on the cbs pre-game he would make picks for bettors. For a little while he was a big thing, but then everyone figured out that he's no more accurate than they are. Same thing with these guys. Give me an injury report and a schedule and I'll take it from there.

I did alright avoiding the rankings this week. Might finish second on FantasyPros' Start/Sit contest for it (first if I can get one last Eifert TD).

Uh, KC has allowed the fewest fantasy points to TE's, like a stupid low number, 4.4 points a game. 28 receptions in 9 games for 279 yards, AZ just slight better, 4.5 points a game. Gates is on you. When in doubt you always go the better player right?

Fabiano is a tool, and while PHI is good against the run, they've been getting destroyed lately (Miller and Ajaya, Stewart, McFadden) and unless you're stacked at the flex Doug Martin is un-benchable. So again, if you're going to listen to hot takes versus the analysts and experts who actually use data to back up their feedback, that's on you.

But this very site has the info I just mentioned helping you in your 'coin-flip'.

Oh my bad, yea KC not soft to TE. Just figured Dalton playing like crap and SD desperate. Thought at worst similar stats, Gates is no slouch. Martin I would never bench, he has a nice floor.

Oh my bad, yea KC not soft to TE. Just figured Dalton playing like crap and SD desperate. Thought at worst similar stats, Gates is no slouch. Martin I would never bench, he has a nice floor.

So why blame something you read if you figured those things on your own?

Gates is no slouch, and the fact it's last man standing for SD pass catchers is a nice catalyst as well. (I guess that's what you mean by desperate?) Hard to disagree there – but really, if you look at the body of work of the KC passing D over the past 5 games and Eifert being the more consistent player the decision would have certainly been easier.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you seem committed to the game enough to post quite ofter – leading me to believe you feel as though your opinions are important. It's rather simple (and silly) to blame anyone else but yourself for starting decisions – but at the end of the day, you failed to challenge the expert's info to make the choice.