Sign in to follow this  
Eaglessb

Forte/Langford

It looks like Forte will be active this week. I'm assuming Forte will get more carries/targets but Langford has a better shot at getting the goalline carries.

It looks like Forte will be active this week. I'm assuming Forte will get more carries/targets but Langford has a better shot at getting the goalline carries.

This is one of the rare and interesting situations where an owner could actually feel confident starting both. The same thing for CIN.

You forgot who the coach was. The archaic John Fox. He will always trot out the veteran for the lions share of carries every time

You forgot who the coach was. The archaic John Fox. He will always trot out the veteran for the lions share of carries every time

This is a very valid point. More so since they have no reason to not drive Forte into the ground with the odds of resigning him very small.

If Forte is good to go, I don't see much playing time for Langford. I see volume similar to what Karlos Williams had last night.

6 carries, maybe a shot at 1-3 catches.

Don't know if I trust starting him this week . Happy Thanksgiving .

I don't have many options with Forsett going down... I am between Langford, Ware, and Melvin Gordon... I might fire up Langford because I still think he gets 3rd down work + goal line carries...

This is a very valid point. More so since they have no reason to not drive Forte into the ground with the odds of resigning him very small.

You don't see Forte signing a very team friendly deal to stay in Chicago? I suppose the issue is whether another team offers him any sort of significant deal. The guy has kept himself in damn good shape and is the ultimate professional. He'd look good in New England.

I've gone back and forth on this one, first thinking it was going o be a carry share. Then I saw an article with an informed prediction of a 20/8 touch split and am starting Forte for lack of better options.

If Forte is healthy I think Lang goes back to being the backup with maybe a few extra carries. An occasional TD vulture and 8-10 carries a game. No idea how healthy Forte is, IMO Langford is a desperation play now. I would start Forte however if I had him.

I claimed Langford in few leagues and in one league guy offered me Forte for Doug Martin? One might be tempted to do that but the way i look at is there wont be huge upgrade in Forte over Martin plus if keep Langford and Forte gets hurt id have two boarderline RB1s instead of just one.

I claimed Langford in few leagues and in one league guy offered me Forte for Doug Martin? One might be tempted to do that but the way i look at is there wont be huge upgrade in Forte over Martin plus if keep Langford and Forte gets hurt id have two boarderline RB1s instead of just one.

Good choice

You don't see Forte signing a very team friendly deal to stay in Chicago? I suppose the issue is whether another team offers him any sort of significant deal. The guy has kept himself in damn good shape and is the ultimate professional. He'd look good in New England.

What's team friendly? 2M? 5M? They're a team in rebuild mode and Forte's 29 making 9M this season. The shortest contract he and his agent will want will be at least 3 years. They'll also have Jeffry's contract to work out – who they'll undoubtably resign after shipping Marshall off. The Gore and Forsett contracts are probably the best comps on a low end given age – 4M to 5M/yr for 3 years 6M guaranteed.

Ultimately the market will dictate his rate (and there are a TON of FA RB's this year), but I just can't see a rebuilding team tying up 35M+ in three offensive players (Cutler, Forte & Jeffry). Especially now with what we've seen with Langford.