Sign in to follow this  
redsrback

Demarco Murray

you're wrong. The offensive line isnt as good as you thought. Murray is a great talent and the Eagles record is 3-1 should be 4-0 with that miami fluke loss when Murray gets the ball 20 times.

Murray showed whos house it was in Dallas

Makes no sense at all. ZERO.

Sorry - not a chance.

You can't deny Murray on the Cowboys this year would've resulted in a better record. They would've. Murray would've helped big time. The O-line isn't playing like it was last year, but it's still playing pretty well.

Before this week, Dallas was 8th in rushing, maybe higher can't remember. And this is with using JAG's at RB in McFadden and Randle.

8th in the NFL with McFadden and Randle.

Murray would've helped and there's no questioning that. If you can get 8th in rushing using the two backs I mention, then your O-line is doing something well. Murray never made the O-line. They helped each other.

You can't deny Murray on the Cowboys this year would've resulted in a better record. They would've. Murray would've helped big time. The O-line isn't playing like it was last year, but it's still playing pretty well.

Murray would of helped - sure. But to the degree that it made any difference at all? No... This team was 2-0 w/out Murray and on it's way, again - w/out Murray. The loss of Romo was killer - no amount of Demarco Murray was going to change the outcome... And to pay him what Philly did would have been ultimately stupid.

I feel Chip made the Murray move because there was about to be a revolt inside and out after he was dumping skill position players. He was also dealing with accusations of being a racist at the time. He's an oddball and now has all the power.

I'm okay with that. Go Redskins!

I don't know what Eagles fans you've been around, but I haven't met one, including myself, that is in any way,shape,or form happy about what's going on with that team.

Its called apathy. And its easily inheritable when the players of your favorite team show that they've quit already. The only thing Eagles fans right now care about is one thing:

Chip Kelly's status as GM. Lurie already went all in with Chip when he demoted Howie Roseman and said it was all a part of the plan.

If Lurie wants to allow Chip the time to deconstruct the roster and build it from scratch, it will result in some major dissention among the fanbase. Maybe up to the fire and pitchforks.

Lol... fire and pitchforks is sort of what I expected.

Murray would of helped - sure. But to the degree that it made any difference at all? No... This team was 2-0 w/out Murray and on it's way, again - w/out Murray. The loss of Romo was killer - no amount of Demarco Murray was going to change the outcome... And to pay him what Philly did would have been ultimately stupid.

they were only 2-0 because Eli screwed up in the opener. This team was broken from the start. They should have retained Murray. He's what made Romo look good last season.

Makes no sense at all. ZERO.

Before this week, Dallas was 8th in rushing, maybe higher can't remember. And this is with using JAG's at RB in McFadden and Randle.

8th in the NFL with McFadden and Randle.

Murray would've helped and there's no questioning that. If you can get 8th in rushing using the two backs I mention, then your O-line is doing something well. Murray never made the O-line. They helped each other.

What doesn't make sense?

I told you what the Eagles record was when murray gets the ball 20 times.. Its 3-1 and should be 4-0

Vs Dallas in Dallas Murray ran wild

What doesnt make sense?

they were only 2-0 because Eli screwed up in the opener. This team was broken from the start. They should have retained Murray. He's what made Romo look good last season.

They were 2-0 because eli told jennings not to score lmao

quality rebuttal. You know your football.

I actually do. The fact you hold the belief it was the wrong move to not keep Murray is proof enough that you are lacking.

Folks arguing about the impact DeMarco Murray had on this failure of a season for Dallas is the like orchestra playing on the deck of the Titanic.

I swear I've never seen such an utter disaster of a season hit any football team from the get-go. And the local media are worried about Greg Hardy's twitter account and the fact he won't dance for them lol...

They need to punt, and get in competition with the other tanking mutts to get that first pick. Which by the way is also the first pick in every subsequent round. They also need to start making discreet inquiries to the Lions about Matthew Stafford.

I actually do. The fact you hold the belief it was the wrong move to not keep Murray is proof enough that you are lacking.

The fact that you totally disregard my stance on paying Dez and not demarco.. Pay Dez ahahaah that was smart.

Dont pay a guy that ran for more yards than emmitt smith ever did? But i thought the cowboys o line was great?

Ya right. Give me a break.

Demarco is a top 5 running back the eagles are 3-1 and should be 4-0 when demarco carries the ball 20 times or more.

end of story

There was no bigger fan of what Murray meant to this team than myself. But having said that, the true effect of his absence has been made academic by all the other happenstance in Dallas.

Could Murray have carried this team without Romes? Doubtful. Instead of trying to answer this question Cowboy fans should be looking for a permanent replacement for Murray and an eventual one for Romo. I would also sign Hardy longterm.

that sounds ridiculous ^

By that you mean Hardy? Sorry to ask but I haven't been able to read minds since I stopped hitting the hippie lettuce.

The fact that you totally disregard my stance on paying Dez and not demarco.. Pay Dez ahahaah that was smart.

Dont pay a guy that ran for more yards than emmitt smith ever did? But i thought the cowboys o line was great?

Ya right. Give me a break.

Demarco is a top 5 running back the eagles are 3-1 and should be 4-0 when demarco carries the ball 20 times or more.

end of story

lol.

murray ($8M paycheck): 8 starts, 155 att, 545 yds, 3.5YPC

mcfadden: ($1.5M paycheck): 5 starts, 169 att, 634 yds, 3.8YPC

Well hot damn - been a while.

Yep, I lost that bet and went away for awhile.

Still and Eagles' fan although not as hard-headed and standoff-ish. Been coming to the bored more and more because my fantasy team's been riddled with injuries this year. Any little edge I can get, I will take.

The Marcus Smith pick might go down as the worst first round draft pick I've ever seen from the Eagles. Even worse than Danny Watkins, or maybe even Jerome McDougle

I don't crucify them as much for the pick because they got Matthews in the 2nd round, and he was a steal at that pick. So if you were to flip flop the picks, then no one would really bat an eye.

Truth be told, I think Marcus Smith has some talent. But unless the pick is a QB, a first round pick cannot be a project. What makes it worse is that OLB was not a need position prior to the draft.

lol.

murray ($8M paycheck): 8 starts, 155 att, 545 yds, 3.5YPC

mcfadden: ($1.5M paycheck): 5 starts, 169 att, 634 yds, 3.8YPC

But that's like asking who would win in a race, the one armed guy in a wheelchair or the no legged guy on crutches.

I don't crucify them as much for the pick because they got Matthews in the 2nd round, and he was a steal at that pick. So if you were to flip flop the picks, then no one would really bat an eye.

Truth be told, I think Marcus Smith has some talent. But unless the pick is a QB, a first round pick cannot be a project. What makes it worse is that OLB was not a need position prior to the draft.

I've tried long and hard to justify draft picks in this manner, but I cannot.

Maclin and Shady were a prime example of what a quality 1 and 2 pick can do for a team.

I wasn't a big fan of many of the players left after Ha Ha was selected to be perfectly honest. But as you said, a first round pick cannot be a project, particularly for a team that had some serious issues to address.

I thought then, and I still do to this day, that if the Eagles were going to go for a player to develop, they should've taken Bridgewater or Carr.

I've tried long and hard to justify draft picks in this manner, but I cannot.

Maclin and Shady were a prime example of what a quality 1 and 2 pick can do for a team.

I wasn't a big fan of many of the players left after Ha Ha was selected to be perfectly honest. But as you said, a first round pick cannot be a project, particularly for a team that had some serious issues to address.

I thought then, and I still do to this day, that if the Eagles were going to go for a player to develop, they should've taken Bridgewater or Carr.

To be quite honest, I would love to see Chip make a trade offer for Tannehill. I believe he's wasting away in Miami. He's a physical talent, and it makes no sense to keep him as a game manager.

My hope is that Chip learned from his mistakes from last off-season. The offensive line must be the prime focus for him in the upcoming off-season. And it needs to happen in the draft and not FA. i think the defense is trending in the right direction, and he needs to lock up Cox and Logan to long term deals. Those guys are stars.