Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

Missed the Playoffs consolation thread

Well, I just got whipped and ended up 6-7 after dropping 4 games in a row, 2 of which I could have won easily with bench points had I started the right players. Such is life.

Underperforming QB really sank me this year, Rodgers did not have a good FF year thus far, nothing like last year. He really, really missed Nelson for that deep threat I think. I had both last year and they carried me. Tried to repeat the magic with Rodgers = Cobb, but that was a failure.

On the plus side, now I have to pick a keeper. Not sure if it's worth keeping Rodgers at all.

C'mon dude! This is FFT! Get real. No one on this forearm missed the playoffs. Everyone's undefeated and the highest scoring team in their league. Or, they're the highest scoring team, by far, and are fighting for that last playoff spot due to the inherent injustices and general unfairness of the fantasy world.

• Like 1

C'mon dude! This is FFT! Get real. No one on this forearm missed the playoffs. Everyone's undefeated and the highest scoring team in their league. Or, they're the highest scoring team, by far, and are fighting for that last playoff spot due to the inherent injustices and general unfairness of the fantasy world.

Well...I'm not undefeated. :)

To be fair, while in my most important league I'm in first place and the highest scorer, I'm two years off of being in dead dead dead last. 5th last year, I think, and kind of a lucky 5th if I recall. I have won that league a lot over the years, but then I've tanked so many times that I think I average right smack in the middle for ranking.

Sorry for the hijack. I'd say keeping Rodgers is definitely a good idea, but who else do you have, Beers?

Had Rodgers, Ingram, and Gronk and missed the playoffs in one league. I was the 3rd highest scoring team but led the league in points against.

Missed them in another one with Brady, Landry, and AJ Green. 4th highest scoring team, but will miss the playoffs because the tie-breaker is head-to-head rather than points.

In both leagues, the waiver wire is inverse of the standings. I've been in both leagues for quite some time, but will likely drop both leagues after this year. Inverse standings waivers is arguably one of the biggest disadvantages ever to starting a season with a winning record. I wish the de facto waiver system in all leagues would be blind bidding.

• Like 1

In both leagues, the waiver wire is inverse of the standings. I've been in both leagues for quite some time, but will likely drop both leagues after this year. Inverse standings waivers is arguably one of the biggest disadvantages ever to starting a season with a winning record. I wish the de facto waiver system in all leagues would be blind bidding.

I definitely agree with this! I'm in 4 leagues. All have the inverse waivers. It is most "fair" to those with the worst teams, but I draft well and manage my teams. Granted, I spend a wildly inordinate amount of time on fantasy, but I win. The result is I rarely get good waivers and as injuries mount, I get weaker and limp into the playoffs. Same story every year, every league.

I agree that inverse standings is horrible. I prefer rolling priority myself, though. Start with reverse of 1st round draft order, of course. Has the advantages of bidding in that you have to weigh from week to week whether the 'important' pickups that week are important enough to blow a good spot, but I prefer it because other people's decisions (mistakes) on waivers can bring you around to a good place again, where bidding might leave you out of cash eventually.

I played the WW a lot this season, but I waited on guys in weeks 9 and 10 or so to try to get a better priority when it was needed, and was able to snag Rawls when Lynch went down as a result. That alone has given me the best chance heading into the playoffs of any moves I've made, I think. A lot like bidding in that way, though.

Went 7-5 and lost out on tie breakers (4 of 10 make it with a 4 week playoff). Started the year 0-3. Busted my butt on waiver wire and trades to go 7-2 down the stretch (ended up third inpoints and 5 pts out of second highest scorer). Feels worse this year because of all the effort to come up short. Mid round picks were awful (Gore, Jordan Matthews, Abdullah, Davante Adams). As discussed above, a few of us are gonna push to change our waivers form inverse order weekly. While amassing the 0-3 record I was scoring points and playing high scorer so the bad record didn't help me at all!

I thought my season was done when I lost Lewis, then Bell, then Edelman, but my team has been hot the last two weeks and I managed to snag the division title with 2nd over all total points, points leader is in the other division, so I'm pretty happy. I get to relax next week with the bye. Just thought I'd come gloat in front of you losers. You're welcome.

I definitely agree with this! I'm in 4 leagues. All have the inverse waivers. It is most "fair" to those with the worst teams, but I draft well and manage my teams. Granted, I spend a wildly inordinate amount of time on fantasy, but I win. The result is I rarely get good waivers and as injuries mount, I get weaker and limp into the playoffs. Same story every year, every league.

This is so true! My best team had Edelman and Allen in ppr. Of course I couldn't even sniff getting Amendola. I'll prolly lose round 1 after running away with points and wins.

I was 6-2 and proceeded to lose my last 5 games,

2 weeks ago, I lost by .1pts.

This week I lost because I stupidly kept with Gurley, thinking at some point he would break out of his slump (could have started Yeldon instead).

By beating my opponent and having two other guys lose (all of which happened) I would have been able to jump from 9th to 6th if I scored more than 14.5 points than one of the other two. I scored 12.5 and missed the playoffs by 2 points. FML.........what a sh!tty year in that league.

I play in 7 leagues, consisting of both money and friends leagues. I am in the playoffs in 6 of them, and a long shot in the 7th league (must win next week and have another team lose....works out to about a 25% chance).

I am also commish in 4 of these leagues, all of which have inverse order of standings waiver priority. I have always prefered this because it seemed to give the hard-luck teams a chance to compete, but am now leaning towards rolling order because of comments in this thread and others. However, inverse helped me immensely in one league where I started out 1-4....but with waiver priority early on, I won 7 straight.

I am satisfied with my team's performances this year. I will say this though: I have NEVER worked this long or hard to stay on top of injuries, risers/fallers, team dynamics, coaching trends, etc. I have burned the waiver wire up (over 50 transactions in one league with no limit), and have made more trades than anytime in memory. Since the advent of the interwebnet, it takes a herculean effort to gain that 1% of separation from your competitors. As a result, I am fatigued.....and will be happy to see this fantasy season end.

Biggest Consolation is no longer caring or needing to watch God awful football games. This game is exhibit #1 of why being out of the race is a relief.

I bought Cobb and Lacy in one league. Because, you know, more touches for them without Nelson.

Haha.

Not making playoffs in that one.

Ha..........same two guys sunk my team in the post above yours.