Sign in to follow this  
Go long

Line up decisions based on weather.

Is it overthinking a starting line up decision based on weather conditions? For example, I have Brees at home in the Dome against Detroit and Wilson at home vs Cleveland. I would start Wilson without hesitation but they are calling for very Heavy rain in Seattle. Should this effect my decision?

More so than the rain, it's the 14MPH wind that's gonna make it hard to throw those long bombs. This makes me rethink my Lockett at flex strategy. Maybe i'll go Sneed vs Det or Powell vs Dal.

Not for me , I'm going with Wilson , don't see them having a strong running game and Wilson might be their best runner .

More so than the rain, it's the 14MPH wind that's gonna make it hard to throw those long bombs. This makes me rethink my Lockett at flex strategy. Maybe i'll go Sneed vs Det or Powell vs Dal.

Where is the link for this weather? nflweather.com has the weather as 45 with drizzle (light rain throughout the day) and 8 MPH winds

Weather reports aren't completely accurate more than a 2 maybe 3 days ahead of schedule. I wouldn't make any decisions based on weather until Friday or Saturday unless you have to (Thursday game). My 2 cents.

Seattle game is still on track to be a rain storm. 10-20mph winds

Not sure if you're exaggerating but everywhere I looked has said there's about -a 40-50% chance of a little bit of rain and winds from 9-12 mph and gusts up to 15mph.

So I dunno, it doesn't sound that bad.

If you can wait until gameday, wait until gameday. Otherwise, you run the risk of freaking out for nothing. Then you get to watch in horror as good players score a bunch of points on your bench in decent football weather. It is one of the worst ways to lose in fantasy since you 'did it to yourself'.

I'm looking to stream a kicker instead of McManus. So I am looking at weather. Debating Myers of Jax (have one of the highest over/under this week at 51 points), Santos, KC or Prater, Det. No inclement weather at any of those games. (Who should I pick up? or should I keep McManus?)

By the way, I read that Seattle's forecast is 45* drizzle with 9mph wind

http://nflweather.com

By the way, I read that Seattle's forecast is 45* drizzle with 9mph wind

Not sure if you're exaggerating but everywhere I looked has said there's about -a 40-50% chance of a little bit of rain and winds from 9-12 mph and gusts up to 15mph.

So I dunno, it doesn't sound that bad.

In my experience, NOAA spot forecast is the most reliable.....and they are saying 43 degrees, 70% chance of showers, and SSW winds at 20-26 mph.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=47.6062&lon=-122.3321#.VnWaYNIrJYA

Never. Never. Never. Never use a weather forecast site that isn't NOAA. The problem with sites like nflweather.com or things like that is that they don't update as often. A lot of times those sites pull information once or twice a day. As is the case with any weatherman, if their only report was at 6am, how reliable would it be?

Also don't use a weather forecast until the morning of the game. A good follow on Twitter would be Kevin Roth. He posts updated weather patterns for DFS purposes. During the baseball season, its almost a must to follow him in order to prevent playing guys in potential delays or rain outs.

As for Wilson, the problem isn't rain. It can be a torrential downpour and a quarterback could still pass for a decent amount of yards. Its the wind AND its the gusts that limit the potential for the big passing plays

Dang so many weather sites say small chance of rain and winds of 10 mph.

NOAA says 60% chance with winds from 23-26 mph

just checked that noaa site and it said 24 mph winds could be a lower scoring game than originally thought

just checked that noaa site and it said 24 mph winds could be a lower scoring game than originally thought

....or higher

So NOAA sucks just as bad as the rest?

NFL Weather was a lot more accurate, including the other 3-4 sites I checked.

Also: weather is unpredictable sometimes. Just like predicting CMike to be the rb who ended up with the Seattle carries was basically impossible. And...New England at the clock with a fullback from their practice squad because they hate Brandon Bolden...well, maybe that one was predictable.