Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

Edelman-- any chance he plays?

Depends on the rest of the week , it's a wait and see . If he playes and you own him than I would think you would play him .

I just snagged him just in case. Now if he plays, I have to pick 2 out of him, M. Bryant, and Hopkins.

I think that he will play some, but will be on a short leash. They can't play Hankerson because he doesn't know the play book and even guys like Amendola are dinged up. They are short on backs, so they can't rely on the run game either. With that said, if they get up early, then he will be pulled.

I have him on my bench and I am not sure if I will let him off of it next week, but I have Hopkins, Decker and AJ Green already.

Seems there's a decent chance he plays this week. The bigger question of course is whether or not to use him. I'm debating starting him over Amari Cooper (home vs Green Bay). What do you think? Crazy?

I don't think he'll play this week. I need the Pats to lose this week and Bengals and Broncos to win so that the Pats will have something to play for the last two weeks. I need him and Gronk on the field as I'm in contention for the overall season title. However, without these two on the field my hopes are slim and none.

I don't think he plays because the Pats have already clinched their division, but I'm keeping an eye on it. Right now I have Amendola starting this week over Decker, but that could change before game time.

Hank is out for the year so he's not on the table for this year. That's a Pats signing. AKA he'll be awesome out of nowhere next year or get cut/end up with the Bills. I think Edleman is going to play this week. If he plays, it'll be because he's ready to play. And I think he needs flex consideration..especially if you're staring at a questionable starter in a flex spot (IE: Hillman, Marty Bryant, Adams, Dez). I have him in my sights as a replacement for Hillman/CJA if he looks good in practice today and/or tomorrow.

Hank is out for the year so he's not on the table for this year. That's a Pats signing. AKA he'll be awesome out of nowhere next year or get cut/end up with the Bills. I think Edleman is going to play this week. If he plays, it'll be because he's ready to play. And I think he needs flex consideration..especially if you're staring at a questionable starter in a flex spot (IE: Hillman, Marty Bryant, Adams, Dez). I have him in my sights as a replacement for Hillman/CJA if he looks good in practice today and/or tomorrow.

Hankerson is not out for the year. He was on IR for Atlanta, but they released him with an injury settlement, which means that he can sign and play with another team. He passed his physical and is practicing today for the Patriots. They signed Hankerson to add depth to a group that has very little right now. The did the same with Leonard Johnson, who played last week.

Edelman is probably going to play, but I would not trust him to get enough snaps to be viable if you have some good options. If you need to take a risk during playoffs, then I could see taking a chance. I am not.

He wont play this week.

He "may" play vs jets and final week just to get him some conditioning and game time. I wouldnt expect him to help your fantasy team.

Hankerson is not out for the year. He was on IR for Atlanta, but they released him with an injury settlement, which means that he can sign and play with another team. He passed his physical and is practicing today for the Patriots. They signed Hankerson to add depth to a group that has very little right now. The did the same with Leonard Johnson, who played last week.

Edelman is probably going to play, but I would not trust him to get enough snaps to be viable if you have some good options. If you need to take a risk during playoffs, then I could see taking a chance. I am not.

Good info. I still don't buy Hank playing soon. But it would be a very Pats thing for them to find treasure where a team like Atlanta saw trash. Too bad they don't care about our fantasy teams. If so, Bill could show up and say 'look guys, Julian's totally fine and we're gonna use him a bunch this week. And we're playing the Titans. Get involved.'. Or 'we're just farting around in practice. Julian broke his foot a few weeks ago. He's not playing anytime soon. Do something else.'.

Thats exactly where im at. I have Hillman at flex, but if Edelman plays I think starting him over a Hillman or CJA has a better reward for the risk.

So now it's looking like there's no chance he plays in Week 16?

Pretty much. I think that they might roll out more Hankerson, who had 10 plays last week with no targets. I think that they will sit Amendola and Edelman this week with Edelman having a chance to get some snaps next week to shake off some rust.

So now it's looking like there's no chance he plays in Week 16?

I haven't read that anywhere but I can't see Edelman getting significant playing time if he plays. The Pats need to win one of their last two to clinch home field advantage in the playoffs, and the only team that could challenge them for that is Cincy, who plays Denver this week. To me it makes sense to limit Edelman this week, see how much he is needed if at all week 17, and try to rest those who are healing for what will probably be a long run in the playoffs.