Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Rudnicki

2016 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

I would take gronk and nelson, cash in on some cheap older player value and win a championship next year...

but that's just me.

jdon

I would take gronk and nelson, cash in on some cheap older player value and win a championship next year...

but that's just me.

jdon

It's doubtful those two make you anything close to one of the favorites to win the league, but what isn't in doubt is where your strategy will land you in the standings in a few years.

Recent trade in my TE premium league: Team A gives Gronk, Edelman and 2.10 for Stewy, CAP, Crowell and Antonio Brown.

Recent trade in my TE premium league: Team A gives Gronk, Edelman and 2.10 for Stewy, CAP, Crowell and Antonio Brown.

A little hard to see which side of the deal I'd rather be on without knowing the rosters. But it seems like a pretty even, good trade to me.

Team A won?

I think Mariota becomes a franchise dynasty QB, within a year Karlos Williams supplants Shady in a run heavy offense, Crowder is the heir apparent behind always injured Jackson and soon to be gone Garçon, and that early number one pick in 2017 could be Fournette, Mike Williams, Chubb,...ect.

I think Mariota becomes a franchise dynasty QB, within a year Karlos Williams supplants Shady in a run heavy offense, Crowder is the heir apparent behind always injured Jackson and soon to be gone Garçon, and that early number one pick in 2017 could be Fournette, Mike Williams, Chubb,...ect.

wow thats a great theory.

only thing that is a fact in that deal is freeman is a stud.

Team B, and I don't even think it's close

Completely read that wrong. I got focused on the players listed with Team B and thought those were the ones they received.

Perhaps I just don't believe in the Falcons' running game, but I think neither Freeman nor Coleman is really a long-term option at running back. As for Martellus, he's on the wrong side of 30 and there's no guarantee he's going to be around for that much longer. He's more of a player I'd expect to see on a win-now team.

Completely read that wrong. I got focused on the players listed with Team B and thought those were the ones they received.

Perhaps I just don't believe in the Falcons' running game, but I think neither Freeman nor Coleman is really a long-term option at running back. As for Martellus, he's on the wrong side of 30 and there's no guarantee he's going to be around for that much longer. He's more of a player I'd expect to see on a win-now team.

Bennett is 28 which is not even close to the wrong side of 30.

facts, and all.

Bennett is 28 which is not even close to the wrong side of 30.

facts, and all.

He'll be 29 next month. In a dynasty league he's on borrowed time. Even if it's a three year catch-and-release, you're going to have him on the wrong side of 30 years old and in his 10th and 11th NFL season. He's played 16 games in a season in only one of those years. His long-term upside is marginal.

He'll be 29 next month. In a dynasty league he's on borrowed time. Even if it's a three year catch-and-release, you're going to have him on the wrong side of 30 years old and in his 10th and 11th NFL season. He's played 16 games in a season in only one of those years. His long-term upside is marginal.

i dont own him, just creating discussion.

freeman is the stud in this deal, and his play on the field means more to many that you opinion that he isnt the guy, just sayin.

i dont own him, just creating discussion.

freeman is the stud in this deal, and his play on the field means more to many that you opinion that he isnt the guy, just sayin.

It's a message board. We're all posting comments that are opinions. Not one of us works for an NFL franchise so none of our opinions mean a focking thing in the grand scope of things. So why have any opinionated thread like this?

I don't think a running back that averages 4.0 yards per carry and barely hit 1,000 yards rushing is a stud. Yeah he was great in PPR leagues with those receptions. But as a runner he's not THAT special to me. And I don't see how Tevin Coleman, picked with the 73rd pick, isn't going to cut into Freeman's production moving forward. At the minimum, he should be given an opportunity to earn a role in the offense. That's my opinion on the Atlanta backfield. I think it could be a quagmire and I think Freeman is a serious candidate to exit the top-10 running backs next season.

We are interpreting these trades in a vacuum. There's no context provided as to the rest of the roster makeup for the listed teams. For Team B, this move indicates the departure from the future to a win-now. If that's the case, sure maybe it's a decent deal depending on the prognostication of how you think Freeman and Bennett will perform for you in the immediate future.

But building a long-term successful team? I'll take Mariota, Karlos, and in particular, the opportunity for a potential high 1st round draft pick in a draft that will have some bonafide STUDS at running back. Because if that team can also net Fournette or Chubb in that deal, that's one helluva way to rebuild a dynasty franchise.

It's a message board. We're all posting comments that are opinions. Not one of us works for an NFL franchise so none of our opinions mean a focking thing in the grand scope of things. So why have any opinionated thread like this?

I don't think a running back that averages 4.0 yards per carry and barely hit 1,000 yards rushing is a stud. Yeah he was great in PPR leagues with those receptions. But as a runner he's not THAT special to me. And I don't see how Tevin Coleman, picked with the 73rd pick, isn't going to cut into Freeman's production moving forward. At the minimum, he should be given an opportunity to earn a role in the offense. That's my opinion on the Atlanta backfield. I think it could be a quagmire and I think Freeman is a serious candidate to exit the top-10 running backs next season.

We are interpreting these trades in a vacuum. There's no context provided as to the rest of the roster makeup for the listed teams. For Team B, this move indicates the departure from the future to a win-now. If that's the case, sure maybe it's a decent deal depending on the prognostication of how you think Freeman and Bennett will perform for you in the immediate future.

But building a long-term successful team? I'll take Mariota, Karlos, and in particular, the opportunity for a potential high 1st round draft pick in a draft that will have some bonafide STUDS at running back. Because if that team can also net Fournette or Chubb in that deal, that's one helluva way to rebuild a dynasty franchise.

When you say a fact, I'll pay attention.

Freeman is a 300 point PPR player, there are few of those. He is 24, and shown he can produce big on the nfl field.

That is a fact, Williams, is a backup he is tevin coleman. Mariota is a titan with a bad coach an organization. he is ok, crowder is hardly anything special. an early one doesnt guarantee fournette or chubb and you can only hope one of them will be 300 point ppr players.

studs are hard to come by, the object of the game is to score points.

When you say a fact, I'll pay attention.

When you stop acting like an FBG poster, I'll unblock you

Count me in the not believing in Freeman camp. Smith drafted Freeman. Quinn drafted Coleman. I'd sell Freeman if I owned him with haste. Also think team B paid a lil too much.

When you stop acting like an FBG poster, I'll unblock you

Typical response from someone without facts. its ok.

Points win, just keep that in mind.

Count me in the not believing in Freeman camp. Smith drafted Freeman. Quinn drafted Coleman. I'd sell Freeman if I owned him with haste. Also think team B paid a lil too much.

Whats not to like? he was the only rb to have 300 points with 301 points in a ppr with peterson 2nd at 246.

thats value, is he a stud player? no, but he is a stud fantasy producer and that is the object of this.

he has talent and the team believes in him, your theory of coleman being utilized more is just that a theory, because it didnt happen this year.

freeman also caught 75 balls. that is HUGE in ppr. dont get lost in translation. crowder and williams combined didnt score what freeman did.

Also feel that Bennet is on his way out in Chi. He's a malcontent without the impact that his brother has. If Zach cuts his asking price, Bennet is looking for a job imo.

Also feel that Bennet is on his way out in Chi. He's a malcontent without the impact that his brother has. If Zach cuts his asking price, Bennet is looking for a job imo.

who cares about bennett in that deal? shoot if he lands in new orleans its a heck of a deal. lol

freeman is a stud performer and is 24, that is valuable to most people, very valuable. maybe not to you guys.

its not my deal, but i like discussion, with facts and logic. not just gut feelings.

i personally felt freeman side won, because i always value studs who have done it over unknowns.

nothing is sure with williams and crowder, qbs have low value in this league so maybe im looking at it like that too.

and a pick for over a year from now, early or not, for a chance at a stud?

i like it.

A lot of FF is gut feeling. You like Freeman based on the 'facts' of his performance last year. My 'gut feeling' is that he'll never reach those benchmarks again. Facts have to do with projection on future performance, but it seems like whenever someone voices an opinion different than yours you deride them and mount argument about why that person is wrong and you're right. If it's discussion you seek I submit your best path is to ask more questions and make fewer condescending rebuttals.

who cares about bennett in that deal? shoot if he lands in new orleans its a heck of a deal. lol

freeman is a stud performer and is 24, that is valuable to most people, very valuable. maybe not to you guys.

its not my deal, but i like discussion, with facts and logic. not just gut feelings.

i personally felt freeman side won, because i always value studs who have done it over unknowns.

nothing is sure with williams and crowder, qbs have low value in this league so maybe im looking at it like that too.

i like it.

Then provide us with the rosters of the teams. Those would be VITAL facts necessary for our interpretation of this trade. There's too many variables in this equation when all we're given is a clear trade that's between a team looking to win-now and a team rebuilding. If Team A is out of contention and getting a bunch of pieces to build around for the future, then I don't see how this would be a bad trade.

I don't understand how Devonta Freeman has proven anything thus far. He had one good season. Yeah he scored a boatload of points. But there are many people that are skeptical, particularly based on his numbers at the conclusion of the season. Over the last five weeks of the year, Freeman averaged a paltry 3.0 YPC on 97 carries and had just two rushing touchdowns. He had a -0.06 NEP per carry (per Numberfire). And don't forget that Tevin Coleman was doing well at the beginning of the year prior to his injury.

Doug Martin was going number one overall in dynasty just three short years ago. You could've gotten a monster haul for him, and many owners did. Just because he did it one year doesn't necessarily make it a future predictor for the future.

Karlos Williams scored seven touchdowns in his first six NFL games. That's a fact. He has the potential to be a workhorse running back in Buffalo sooner rather than later. I'm bullish on Karlos. I have him on all my dynasty teams and acquired him prior to the start of this season because I believed in him. Maybe he never scores another touchdown again, or maybe he supplants McCoy in the next two years.

Marcus Mariota could produce stats in both rushing and passing. And if his supporting cast improves, particularly the coach, he might be amazing in just a few seasons.

As for the pick...There's simply no way I can diminish it's possibility as being a game changing pick. If that team lands Fournette or Chubb, and either one (or both) ends up on a team like Dallas, the Jets, Houston, etc that has a solid offensive line in the running game, that team could be a solid-to-great dynasty team in just two seasons.

• Like 1

A lot of FF is gut feeling. You like Freeman based on the 'facts' of his performance last year. My 'gut feeling' is that he'll never reach those benchmarks again. Facts have to do with projection on future performance, but it seems like whenever someone voices an opinion different than yours you deride them and mount argument about why that person is wrong and you're right. If it's discussion you seek I submit your best path is to ask more questions and make fewer condescending rebuttals.

why is it the people who like football, are always the most sensitive on message boards?

Analytics and points is what it is about. Gut feeling is a small part of it.

also you should be asking the questions, im providing facts, you are providing gut feelings.

I'm one of the least sensitive around. Was trying to help you out. :) My own analysis is that Freeman is bound for a fall. Yours differs. The debate ensues. I think team B overpaid for past production.

i like it.

This is going to be one of those threads that i want to find next year when Freeman flops. I dont get the infatuation. He had one good year, and he isnt the physical talent that you typically find from the top rbs in fantasy. One year wonder.

• Like 1

This is going to be one of those threads that i want to find next year when Freeman flops. I dont get the infatuation. He had one good year, and he isnt the physical talent that you typically find from the top rbs in fantasy. One year wonder.

You didn't use fax! No fax!

More opinion. No Fax. lol

One year wonder? He has only been in the league 2 years and had a great fantasy season, why will he not be good anymore?

More opinion. No Fax. lol

One year wonder? He has only been in the league 2 years and had a great fantasy season, why will he not be good anymore?

He might be fine in ppr because he did see a lot of passes, but non ppr is a different story. His sched was pretty easy this year. If it is tougher next year he may not find the same running room.

Demaryius Thomas for Keenan Allen and Melvin Gordon?

I am probably the biggest Melvin Gordon hater so giving up anything more than a ham sandwich is overpaying imo. Keenan is interesting. He did catch a lot of passes while he was healthy, but will that continue? I dont know if he will be the Keenan Allen of last year and his rookie year, or the Keenan Allen of year two. Id lean towards seeking different returns. But i wouldnt say its a bad deal if you think Allen will continue his ridiculous catch totals.

Keenan Allen is a very interesting specimen. Seems like he's a love or hate type player.

I think he has a ton of potential, but I can't get over the fact that injuries have cost him playing time. Tore his PCL in college, broke the collarbone in 2014, then the kidney injury last year.

As for Gordon, I think he was the victim of being the classic over-hyped running back during the hype of rookie season. I don't think he's as bad as most do, but I also don't think he's an elite talent. The removal of Frank Reich was applauded by some Chargers fans, but I don't know if it was so much him as it was that porous offensive line (ranked 31st by Football Outsiders in run blocking).

The ultimate question is really whether you believe the Chargers can build a successful offense with those two pieces. If so, you can nab two young guys with some potential

Are all of these trades in your leagues or are tou getting some from other leagues?