Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Rudnicki

2016 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

Piling on the 1.03 trade. In the scope of value, you got fleeced. You hold onto that thing until you're on the clock.

Because the other thing to consider is the Melvin Gordon of this years draft that might surpass Zeke or Treadwell. And I wouldn't trade either of those two (regardless of landing spot) for what you got for that pick.

Overall I dig the approach. While I think the 2017 class is slightly overvalued, that many firsts can get a team into instant contention. Via drafting with those picks or acquiring proven talent

Ive only ever done one dynasty startup draft ( im more of an orphan rehabilitator) so im probably not the one to judge the startup trades you made (#1 and #2)

I like that you have a strategy and are sticking to it and going for it.I dont see anything that you did that is bad at all. I think you didnt get full value for this years 1.03 in trade #3. I know that a lot of people are setting up the 2017 draft to be sooo much better than 2016 that they are severely undervaluing 2016 picks. The trade is the third overall pick this year for a random first next year. The throw in third isnt even close to enough to cover the delayed payoff and the uncertainty of where the 2017 pick will be. (see the trade AaronRud posted above involving the 1.05) . It isnt a crippling trade, its just a trade where, to quote Joeseph Randle, you left meat on the bone. The 2017 1st could obviously end up being a high pick, which would make this trade look better. Either way, if it had been me, i would have needed something more like the haul the owner of 1.05 above got . I have a hard time believeing that the third best players this year is going to be worth less than the 6th or 7th best player next year. To me, the soft spot in the market is acquiring 2016 picks on the cheap from people who undervalue them because of the perception that this is a weak draft.

Im also not a fan of trading away draft picks right now. No one knows how the combine will play out, and by extension the draft. Maybe Derrick Henry gets drafted by the Cowboys, and an owner decides they have to have him. Maybe some WR with a mid first rookie draft ADP blows up the combine. THATS the point when you trade 1.03.

I like the trade you made to acquire Lacy. Even if he never gets back to his former self, you gave up next to nothing (other than an aging QB) to get him. Thats a perfectly executed Buy Low.

But all in all your roster looks decent and having 5 first rounders in any draft is strong. If you draft well next year you could be set up for a long time.

Agreed, I took it in the shorts in that one trade. Basically three reasons why: #1 all time idiocy, I mixed up the slotting and thought the pick was 1.4 when I dealt it, inexcusable, I know #2 I flat out didn't get enough back beyond the unknown #1 (the one good thing about that first rounder is that the guy who it belonged to finished in 11th place this past year and doesn't have the assets to probably make the playoffs next year, but of course, who knows, things could always change and #3 you can't sell a pick that high w/o knowing what's available during the draft, it violated my Shelton Rule, named after a friend who landed the third pick in a draft back in '01 or thereabouts and traded down predraft only to see the guys at 1 and 2 draft Moss, and the #3 RB, and Faulk, consensus #1 at the time, would have been sitting there. I definitely violated that in a Dynasty Context.

All that being said, I can live with it without much in the way of regrets if he finishes bottom 5 as I expect, if not, it's definitely gonna hurt.

I don't really buy the '16 angle as I've been researching that draft for a long time, way before I entered dynasty leagues and I just flat out don't like it. It's always looked like a draft stronger on defense, and to a lesser degree on the OL, then at playmaking positions. Interestingly the latest reports from King's interviews with GM's and Mayock's reveal the same thing, quoted basically as: this is an A draft for defense, and a C draft for offense. I haven't noticed undervaluing by people beyond that one stupid trade by me though. I think only 2 in that league have traded out of '16 this offseason so far including me.

Thus far I'm fairly confident I made the right moves in general as I do see the top 5 from '17 being better than all but possibly Zeke from '16, and I think 8 of the top 10 from a mystical combined draft would be '17's.

The Lacy deal was a steal if he finally decides to make being match fit a priority, although the guy i dealt with ended up winning the title. Nothing I gave up in the deal mattered to my long term or short term prospects other than the 3rd and 5th, and I was able to get him to throw in a '17 4th which pretty much nearly made it even to me.

People know trading isnt always about value, its about getting what you want, right? Pick value is always subjective. I think anyone who gave up Elliott, Treadwell or Henry for any amount of scrubs left in this draft is the one who got fleeced.

Why is it fundamental aspects of the game are ignored by many who treat fantasy football as a stock market instead of a game you have to win by being better. THIS ISNT THE STOCK MARKET!

How many people invested in Joe Randle last year? Exactly, hush about perceived value. Just hush.

Because the people who care about value in trades instead of getting what they want typically are always chasing value... not titles.

Also, if you ever use the combine to evaluate a player for fantasy football purpose, my apologies. The combine doesnt matter to fantasy football. Ask Tavon Austin! Location, location, location. Elliott goes to Cleveland, I'll pass. I would take Collins if he went to Dallas over Henry if he went to Cleveland too. What does the Combine matter on that one?

People know trading isnt always about value, its about getting what you want, right? Pick value is always subjective. I think anyone who gave up Elliott, Treadwell or Henry for any amount of scrubs left in this draft is the one who got fleeced.

Why is it fundamental aspects of the game are ignored by many who treat fantasy football as a stock market instead of a game you have to win by being better. THIS ISNT THE STOCK MARKET!

How many people invested in Joe Randle last year? Exactly, hush about perceived value. Just hush.

Because the people who care about value in trades instead of getting what they want typically are always chasing value... not titles.

I dont disagree with your main point here, sometimes peole do get wrapped up in "value" too much. And there are a ton of variables that arent always obvious. Maybe greywolf haggled with multiple trading partners for weeks and the deal he got was the very best he was ever going to get for that pick. Who knows right?

That said, at some point you have to factor value in. and trading 1.03 this year straight up for a first round pick next year isnt just bad value, its terrible value. A throw in 3rd rounder is almost worthless. If im going to give up a top 3 pick this year, someone is going to have to make it worth my while. A single third round pick isnt going to do it. In my opinion. He can run his team anyway he wants, trade all his 2016 picks straight up for corresponding round picks in 2017. I honestly dont care one bit. If he is happy, who am i to judge? But he posted his trades here asking for our opinions I gave him mine.

Also, if you ever use the combine to evaluate a player for fantasy football purpose, my apologies. The combine doesnt matter to fantasy football. Ask Tavon Austin! Location, location, location. Elliott goes to Cleveland, I'll pass. I would take Collins if he went to Dallas over Henry if he went to Cleveland too. What does the Combine matter on that one?

OK so im confused....are you saying that a players draft slot....you know like where he ends up playing in the NFL...isnt affected by how he performs at the combine? You dont think Will Fuller shot up some boards yesterday, while Derunnya Wilson sank like the Titanic? That maybe Keith Marshall is going to get a second look by some teams based on his blazing 40 time and leading all RBs in bench reps? No the combine isnt the be all and end all. But to say it doesnt matter to FF is pretty short sighted.

I haven't noticed undervaluing by people beyond that one stupid trade by me though.

I havent seen a lot of it in practice, just a lot of people talking about it on other message boards. Maybe when push comes to shove it wont materialize. But thats why this time of year i like to just lay low and see how free agency and the combine and the draft play out, before i make any big decisions about my dynasty teams.

Again i like your plan, and even if that one trade ends up terrible for you in terms of raw value, you are still set up next year to make a hell of a impact on your roster. There is no denying that.

Hey gray, i have put a few trades on here where i was overwhelmingly seen as the loser. Then a few months later all of a sudden those moves look good.

I dont disagree with your main point here, sometimes peole do get wrapped up in "value" too much. And there are a ton of variables that arent always obvious. Maybe greywolf haggled with multiple trading partners for weeks and the deal he got was the very best he was ever going to get for that pick. Who knows right?

That said, at some point you have to factor value in. and trading 1.03 this year straight up for a first round pick next year isnt just bad value, its terrible value. A throw in 3rd rounder is almost worthless. If im going to give up a top 3 pick this year, someone is going to have to make it worth my while. A single third round pick isnt going to do it. In my opinion. He can run his team anyway he wants, trade all his 2016 picks straight up for corresponding round picks in 2017. I honestly dont care one bit. If he is happy, who am i to judge? But he posted his trades here asking for our opinions I gave him mine.

OK so im confused....are you saying that a players draft slot....you know like where he ends up playing in the NFL...isnt affected by how he performs at the combine? You dont think Will Fuller shot up some boards yesterday, while Derunnya Wilson sank like the Titanic? That maybe Keith Marshall is going to get a second look by some teams based on his blazing 40 time and leading all RBs in bench reps? No the combine isnt the be all and end all. But to say it doesnt matter to FF is pretty short sighted.

I'm saying if you use the combine to get a feel for what a players fantasy value is, you are mistaken. Combine provides nothing on a fantasy account.

The location of the players really means the most the draft and prodays are what matters. We see them in their element and do what they are best at, not cones jumps and 40s.

As far as the point at the top, there are always exceptions.

Hey gray, i have put a few trades on here where i was overwhelmingly seen as the loser. Then a few months later all of a sudden those moves look good.

This happens a ton, you should always let it playout. This thread was created to discuss trades now and then.

I'm saying if you use the combine to get a feel for what a players fantasy value is, you are mistaken. Combine provides nothing on a fantasy account.

The location of the players really means the most the draft and prodays are what matters. We see them in their element and do what they are best at, not cones jumps and 40s.

As far as the point at the top, there are always exceptions.

All i meant in my original post was that i dont like to trade this time of year,. Guys draft stock rises and falls based on good and bad combines and pro days. Im more comfortable letting all that play out, seeing the draft and seeing who goes where. I actually personally put more stock in what they actually do on a football field.

I guess we were sort of agreeing. :)

:cheers:

All i meant in my original post was that i dont like to trade this time of year,. Guys draft stock rises and falls based on good and bad combines and pro days. Im more comfortable letting all that play out, seeing the draft and seeing who goes where. I actually personally put more stock in what they actually do on a football field.

:thumbsup:

Tough to mortgage the future by giving up those picks for an aging trio like that... I hope Team A is is "win now" mode and thinks Romo/McCoy puts him over the top.

I havent seen a lot of it in practice, just a lot of people talking about it on other message boards. Maybe when push comes to shove it wont materialize. But thats why this time of year i like to just lay low and see how free agency and the combine and the draft play out, before i make any big decisions about my dynasty teams.

Again i like your plan, and even if that one trade ends up terrible for you in terms of raw value, you are still set up next year to make a hell of a impact on your roster. There is no denying that.

I'll be able to live with the deal even though in retrospect, in terms of sheer value, I got swindled, so long as the guy who owns 1.1 and 1.2 doesn't make a huge mistake (to me). If somehow Zeke were to fall to 3, then that trade for me will be just a horror show mistake unless the '17 ends up being a top 4 or 5 pick, in which case I'd see it as a wash. However the guy who somehow managed to land the 1 and 2 in the '16 rookie draft seems to know what he's doing, and as far as I can tell has them Treadwell and Zeke, pending workouts/combine and what not (Treadwell's slow 40 is causing concern, and I have heard a few people trying to boost Doctson and Coleman, so maybe it gets reshuffled?), and those are the only guys in the '16 class I rate as likely to have careers analogous to Fournette, Chubb, Cook, Schuster-Smith, and Dupree (to name 5 of my '17 fav's for now-not even taking into account fast riser types like this year's cream of the QB crop (consider a year ago the 1-2-3 QB's all projected to go in round 1 were: Hackenberg-Cook-Jones, and in the ensuing year, all three have have dropped out of the first round entirely replaced by Wentz, Goff, and Lynch).

So on the one hand, even in being swindled, I can live with it so long as the pick is either top 5, or able to be packaged so I can move into the top 5-6 in '17 because I'll view the prospect available as superior to anyone I could have gotten at 1.3 this year barring an unusual choice by the guy with 1.1 and 1.2. I also need to add in that I goofed in evaluating my potential points slotting believing I was in the 4 slot, when I was in the third (I still look at it, and don't see how I got the third slot, need to talk to the commish to see how I may be misreading that), the 4 slot is distinctly worse than 3 because its so unlikely that the big two will fall there, or that a fast climber would slip from 3-4.

But again, I can acknowledge in my eagerness to get some owners to let go of 2017 first rounders, I took a poor deal, and even the sweetner I demanded wasn't enough to make it kosher-the situation was as many presume: #1 unlike in Augusut when I pulled off two trades for '17's, people are now starting to figure out what I knew then and are less enamored with trading their '17 #1's, and #2, the remaining '17 #1's are held by four owners, rather than 7, some guys managed to pick up multiples as well, although nobody else has more than 2 which gives me negotiating advantages (which may be necessary as 2 of my '17 fives belong to really strong teams (a champion and a semifinalist for the '15 season-although in both cases those owners lack assets in the '16 draft, the semifinalist has no picks through round 4, and the champ doesn't have his first rounder, only 2 2nd's and 3rds).

Btw there was another trade that I'm curious what you all think of, as I thought it was a much worse swindle than the one I got taken advantage of:

Team A trades:

Gronk

'16 2.9

'16 2.11

Team B Trades:

Max Williams

'16 1.10

'16 1.2

'17 2nd round pick

Maybe I'm overreacting but I feel like B absolutely owned A in that deal. A will get a good player at 1.2, but probably nothing else beyond Max Williams, while B will get Gronk plus some roll of the dice picks he could always package to move up.

I just think Gronk being a top 5 talent, and being a tier unto himself at TE is worth a helluvalot more than that.

I can definitely see how the trade works out positively for me, and even think there's a good chance, maybe not 50/50, but a good one that it does, however as I've written in the past elsewhere, a trade like that fails and is bad for many reason, the biggest of which is that the philosophical underpinnings of it rest on fallacious foundations. If you make trades like that on a consistent basis you will build a loser, and will fail, and as a result, you should avoid them largely on principle (to me), it's important to max value on trades because doing so in the long run always works out better than simply just consistently trying to get what you want at the time. It's a flawed trade to me because a team that consistently forces trades for short term needs will build poor teams in the long run, as a fan of the boulez, an NBA team that specializes in horrible deals of this sort, I have experience with it.

I forced it because it was becoming ever more difficult to get anyone to even discuss '17's, and in the past I've been willing to lose slightly in trades superficially just to make them happen knowing that I trust my valuation of the particular players or assets to be better than the player I'm making the deal with (I'll make more out of the deal than him, or her, even though superificially they'd be getting the more points out of a Jimmy Johnson like trade value chart). I guess that reads a bit like a contradiction, but in fantasy its almost impossible to get deals done in a lot of leagues without the other side at least thinking, on its face, that they're winning right out of the gate, which is why I often unbalance trades slightly towards them w/that trust in my player/pick valuation being stronger than theirs.

I would agree nearly all the time, the only reason I disagree now is that the quality of the '17 class, especially at the top is probably either the best of this decade, for now (in evaluations), or second to '14. As such I went into the '15 draft, and this offseason prioritizing banking as many '17's as humanly possible, then I focused on building a relatively young w/upside team they could be drafted into, that would likely place my own '17 pick in that 4th-7th area depending on how effective my drafting was

2.4: Gurley-Good

3.5: Watkins-Good

4.2 K. Allen-Good

4.8: Lat Murray-Bad

5.12 B. Perriman-Bad for now

6.1 D. Green Beckham-Good for now

7.12 Duke Johnson-A bit below expectations

9.1 Eifert-Landed him in all but one of my dynasty/keeper leagues-was a core TE target

10.1 J. McKinnon-Interesting value (i keep getting random low ball offers though he isn't on the block).

A good chunk of the other picks were misses (Tre Mason, Cody Latimer, Helu, C. Patterson, T. Gabriel, C. Michael included in Lacy Deal was a pick at 19.1), Khiry Robinson was added as a long term RB investment like McKinnon with my 15.9 (RFA '16), Coates like Latimer was a role of the dice WR prospect at 16.1 (RFA in '16), Phillip Rivers was taken at 14.1 and later packaged as the centerpiece in that deal for Eddie Lacy because I landed Dalton at 20.1.

I think the strategy worked out fairly well though as I now own a solid QB, and an interesting developmental guy in Osweiller, solid stable of RB's, two legit WR's with 2 quality prospects, a go to TE, and the strong D (Jets), and a pile of '17 first rounders (5, three from non-playoff teams from '15, two from playoff teams) and what should be a high 2nd rounder (He finished in 9th place this year).

12 team 0.5 PPR superflex with 32 man rosters and no K or Def or IDP

I am not involved in this trade.

Team H gets Chris Ivory, Ben Watson, 2016 5.12

Team W gets Mohamed Sanu, Devin Smith 3.01

This is a weird one to figure. Team H came in last place this year. The core of his team is Mariota/Gurley/Cooks/Watkins/Amedola/Austin/ plus a few young guys (Matt Jones) and and a lot of older guys (Boldin, DJax, Malcolm Floyd) Doesnt really strike me as a team going anywhere that fast. I guess you have to start at least 2 RB so Ivory gives him a second true starter behind Gurley, and Watson an actual starting TE, although i have my doubts the 300 year old Watson will ever have another year like he did last year. But ive been wrong before.

All in all, if im Team H in full blown rebuild mode, i think i'd rather have the Sanu/Smith lottery tickets. But this trade isnt like end of the world terrible.

Then last night this went down:

Team H gets Kirk Cousins, 2016 1.04 and 2016 2.12,

Team P gets 2016 1.01 and a 2017 2nd.

I guess his starting lineup is now

Mariota/Cousins

Gurly/Ivory

Cooks/Watkins/Tavon Austin/Travis Benjamn.

Watson

And he has 1.04, 1.11, 2.01 and 2.12. Four picks in the top 24 picks.

I dont know.....i dont really love it, he got older and probably just good enough to get 7th or 8th place.

Team H got rolled on the deal for 1.01. Should have taken Zeke at 1 and continued rebuilding.

Team H got rolled on the deal for 1.01. Should have taken Zeke at 1 and continued rebuilding.

I agree. Have Gurley and Zeke as your starting rbs. Mariota as your Qb, and keep rebuilding. At leat, you'd have youth on your side.

I think it was pick 3.01

I agree. Have Gurley and Zeke as your starting rbs. Mariota as your Qb, and keep rebuilding. At leat, you'd have youth on your side.

It *is* a superflex league, and the guy had Mariota and nothing, but i agree. Its a lot to give up for Cousins.

Here is a trade i turned down:

I Give

Stefon Diggs

Teddy Bridgewater

2017 2nd

I get:

All Days Numbered Adrian Peterson

The mumified remains of Torrey Smith

My team is middle of the pack, closer to full rebuild than to competing for a championship. I could use a RB, but im not buying at that price I already have Matt Forte, i dont need another old RB.

I Give

Stefon Diggs

Teddy Bridgewater

2017 2nd

I get:

My team is middle of the pack, closer to full rebuild than to competing for a championship. I could use a RB, but im not buying at that price I already have Matt Forte, i dont need another old RB.

AP went for a ransom in my league. I cant believe how much that guy is still getting in trades. I wouldnt get that much for David Johnson probably and he has 10× the value AP has imo.

I Give

Stefon Diggs

Teddy Bridgewater

2017 2nd

I get:

Me and this guy negotiated for a few days and finally agreed on a trade:

I give Stefon Diggs and Teddy Bridgewater

I get Tyler Lockett, Isaiah Crowell and 2016 4.02.

I feel like Diggs for Lockett is pretty much a wash. I happen to actually like Lockett a little teeny tiny bit better. But i can see like Diggs better too. The 4.02 was just something he offered in one trade proposal, and while i dont believe its worth much, i figured if he was going to give it to me, i'd take i. And so the trade ends up being Bridgewater for Crowell. Now im not sold on Crowell, but i had 4 QBs on a 25 man roster (TeddyB, Eli, Winston and Tyrod) and was horrifyingly thin at RB (Forte, Latavius, James White and Orleans Darkwa). Ive been trying to unload a QB or two all off season. So trading one for a RB who could be the power back for a HC who has shown in the past he is committed to the run is groovy in my book. . I think Crowell having a season similar to Jeremy Hills last season isnt completely out of the question. And in my dreams all these rumors of Kaepernick going to Clevleland and the Browns instituting an offense where they run the ball 80 times a game just makes me feel all squishy inside.

Me and this guy negotiated for a few days and finally agreed on a trade:

I give Stefon Diggs and Teddy Bridgewater

I get Tyler Lockett, Isaiah Crowell and 2016 4.02.

I feel like Diggs for Lockett is pretty much a wash. I happen to actually like Lockett a little teeny tiny bit better. But i can see like Diggs better too. The 4.02 was just something he offered in one trade proposal, and while i dont believe its worth much, i figured if he was going to give it to me, i'd take i. And so the trade ends up being Bridgewater for Crowell. Now im not sold on Crowell, but i had 4 QBs on a 25 man roster (TeddyB, Eli, Winston and Tyrod) and was horrifyingly thin at RB (Forte, Latavius, James White and Orleans Darkwa). Ive been trying to unload a QB or two all off season. So trading one for a RB who could be the power back for a HC who has shown in the past he is committed to the run is groovy in my book. . I think Crowell having a season similar to Jeremy Hills last season isnt completely out of the question. And in my dreams all these rumors of Kaepernick going to Clevleland and the Browns instituting an offense where they run the ball 80 times a game just makes me feel all squishy inside.

I like. I like Diggs a lot. Bridgewater seems like a solid qb so far but he doesnt put up much as far as stats. The issue for me is two fold. That offensive line isnt good at pass blocking and Norv Turner, the most overrated OC in the history of ever, runs a 5-7 step drop offense. Do you know whos the biggest culprit in this anemic passing game? Its Turner. He hadnt adjusted his offense at all and is leaving Bridgewater out there to fend for himself. Then he hands the ball to Peterson every other play in which he averaged 4.5 y/c for the year. Solid but nothing special. So Norv destroys everything not Peterson in that offense, and it also looks like the Vikings are dumb enough to pay him a ridiculous amount of money to average 4.5 y/c while simultaneously fumbling at critical moments.

I loved what i saw from Lockett. He just seemed like a very smart receiver. I am hoping Bevel will keep Wilson as the feature of the offense rather than returning to a run first mentality, which would be a huge mistake imo.

not a trade,but Cal Johnson's retirement messed up my Dynasty WR group. We get to keep a limited number of players from specific positions and now that Megatron has ridden off into the sunset, my choices to replace him must come from rookie WRs I drafted last year. That would be either Breshad Perriman or Tyler Lockett.

Lockett was productive, and was a consistent target for Seattle and in this league his 1200+ yards in KO/Punt returns paid off big time (my league gives 1 point/25 return yards). But he's a #3 WR and will usually get between 3 and 5 receptions per game.

Then there is the big Perriman who was IR'd with a knee. Tremendous upside... could be a beast.

Do I stick with the safe one who will always have a limited ceiling, but a comfortable floor, or do I risk Perriman who can be anything between a zero and a stud?

not a trade,but Cal Johnson's retirement messed up my Dynasty WR group. We get to keep a limited number of players from specific positions and now that Megatron has ridden off into the sunset, my choices to replace him must come from rookie WRs I drafted last year. That would be either Breshad Perriman or Tyler Lockett.

Lockett was productive, and was a consistent target for Seattle and in this league his 1200+ yards in KO/Punt returns paid off big time (my league gives 1 point/25 return yards). But he's a #3 WR and will usually get between 3 and 5 receptions per game.

Then there is the big Perriman who was IR'd with a knee. Tremendous upside... could be a beast.

Do I stick with the safe one who will always have a limited ceiling, but a comfortable floor, or do I risk Perriman who can be anything between a zero and a stud?

Try to keep it to trades that actually happen.

This is more for player value, not a discussion about your team.

This is not an advice thread, that is elsewhere.

Lockett all the way

Lockett all the way

I agree. Lockett isnt a WR3....he is by a pretty far margin the most talented WR on the Seahawks roster . Doug Baldwin is probably the WR1 for now, but i dont see him holding off Lockett as the go to guy forever.

I had a owner inquire about Benjamin I was curious what others thought his value was since this may lead to a dynasty trade. Plus its the off season not much will be happening until the draft rolls around. I did not feel the question deserved its own thread.

I had a owner inquire about Benjamin I was curious what others thought his value was since this may lead to a dynasty trade. Plus its the off season not much will be happening until the draft rolls around. I did not feel the question deserved its own thread.

While i agree that certain posters are taking the thread title a little too seriously, there are any number of sites with Dynasty Rankings. Here is one

http://www.fftoday.com/rankings/dynasty.php?o=1&PosID=30

If you want to post a potential trade, we could offer an opinion on that. In general, i would not be selling Bryant low. The Panthers offense made Ted Ginn semi fantasy relevant last year. I dont think its out of the question for Bryant to replicate his rookie season in which he finished a top 15 PPR WR.

And on a general note: This site has always had precious little Dynasty talk. Finally this off season its taken a tiny little foothold in the forum. Lets dont squash the life out of it over petty thread nazi squabbling. Be a,little flexible guys. When the Completed Trade thread is so busy that trade posts get lost in the avalanche of general Dynasty talk, well we can separate it out then. For now no one is hurting anything by using this thread as a catch all.

• Like 1

While i agree that certain posters are taking the thread title a little too seriously, there are any number of sites with Dynasty Rankings. Here is one

http://www.fftoday.com/rankings/dynasty.php?o=1&PosID=30

If you want to post a potential trade, we could offer an opinion on that. In general, i would not be selling Bryant low. The Panthers offense made Ted Ginn semi fantasy relevant last year. I dont think its out of the question for Bryant to replicate his rookie season in which he finished a top 15 PPR WR.

And on a general note: This site has always had precious little Dynasty talk. Finally this off season its taken a tiny little foothold in the forum. Lets dont squash the life out of it over petty thread nazi squabbling. Be a,little flexible guys. When the Completed Trade thread is so busy that trade posts get lost in the avalanche of general Dynasty talk, well we can separate it out then. For now no one is hurting anything by using this thread as a catch all.

As far as the bolded, you can create other threads for that. Sometimes it is about reference point.

Maybe a rejected trades thread?

As far as the bolded, you can create other threads for that. Sometimes it is about reference point.

Maybe a rejected trades thread?

I mean sure if your goal is to have a whole bunch of single digit reply threads, withering on the vine and sinking off the front page to second page oblivion, like Dynasty threads have always been here. I think a lot of people arent going to start a thread about something as specific as Kelvin Benjamins Dynasty value in a PPR league, but will gladly post about it in a bigger more general thread. Supercubs basically said that in his first post. I think the goal right now should be to encourage more Dynasty talk, however and wherever possible . I think worrying about what a particular thread is *for* is silly, and responding to posts in the manner you did is counterproductive. Like i said if this thread (or any thread) gets so unwieldy that its causing a problem, we can always split things up later on. But we are a long long long way from that.

Also im not saying tht if someone *wants* to start a Kelvin Benjamin PPR Dynasty Value thread that they shouldnt. Im just saying that if someone posts (slightly) off topic in some other Dynasty thread that we shouldnt be so quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Like 1

And to get us back on track.

Minor trade in a 12 team 1 PPR league

Team A gets Charcandrick West

Team B gets Justin Hardy

Doesnt really seem to fill any need on either team, neither will be a handcuff on their new teams. Just a low level swap of guys i guess.

I mean sure if your goal is to have a whole bunch of single digit reply threads, withering on the vine and sinking off the front page to second page oblivion, like Dynasty threads have always been here. I think a lot of people arent going to start a thread about something as specific as Kelvin Benjamins Dynasty value in a PPR league, but will gladly post about it in a bigger more general thread. Supercubs basically said that in his first post. I think the goal right now should be to encourage more Dynasty talk, however and wherever possible . I think worrying about what a particular thread is *for* is silly, and responding to posts in the manner you did is counterproductive. Like i said if this thread (or any thread) gets so unwieldy that its causing a problem, we can always split things up later on. But we are a long long long way from that.

Also im not saying tht if someone *wants* to start a Kelvin Benjamin PPR Dynasty Value thread that they shouldnt. Im just saying that if someone posts (slightly) off topic in some other Dynasty thread that we shouldnt be so quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Why not? That exact type of thread is why some other sites are very successful and get a good bit of traffic.

That way when you want to discuss Benji, you go to his thread, when you want to discuss anyone, you use the search feature and find a thread for them.

Of course scrubs probably wouldnt get a thread, but elite or very good players would. The discussion of PPR, dyno and redraft discussion could happen there.

Why not? That exact type of thread is why some other sites are very successful and get a good bit of traffic.

That way when you want to discuss Benji, you go to his thread, when you want to discuss anyone, you use the search feature and find a thread for them.

Of course scrubs probably wouldnt get a thread, but elite or very good players would. The discussion of PPR, dyno and redraft discussion could happen there.

Im not saying it doesnt work other places, im not even saying it couldnt work here, im just saying that as of now the Dynasty community at FFT isnt big enough to worry about it. Yet.

Like i said im not trying to discourage people from starting threads. Start all the treads you want. Hell start so many that the Council of Mikes has no choice but to give Dynasty its own subforum. All im saying is its not worth worrying about a stray off topic post or two every now and then.

• Like 1

Two parter:

I gave: Dwayne Allen
I received: 4.12 (in order to keep players on taxi squad, you lose lowest draft pick(s))

Following the Martavis Bryant news:

I gave: 4.12
I got: Martavis Bryant

I think it's a worthwhile risk for my team given both my WR situation (Amari/Dez/Nuk/Wheaton/Wright/Coleman) and my TE situation (Martellus/Ladarius/Gates).

If Martavis doesn't ever get his head on straight, it surmounts to me losing the ability to taxi a guy like Amari one more year. But if he can get his head on straight, OR if his suspension is reduced for whatever reason, I get a guy that's a dynamic player, just very susceptible to risk. I have been of the mind that I wasn't going to go near these types of players, and TBH I don't know if it is or was a wise decision. But considering the price, it's about par with the risk I'm willing to take with these types of players.

Anyone rostering Martavis right now should hold if at all possible imo. His value will be a lot higher one year from now after he's completed rehab and said all the right things.