Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Rudnicki

2016 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

Anyone rostering Martavis right now should hold if at all possible imo. His value will be a lot higher one year from now after he's completed rehab and said all the right things.

To be honest, I don't think that he or Gordon or whomever is capable of structuring their lives around the NFL's policies.

But I agree re: holding him if at all possible. Now I have a new litany of taxi problems I didn't account for. T-minus 11 hours to figure them out too lol

So you basically traded Allen for Bryant.

I believe thats the definition of low risk, high reward.

Hope it works out for you.

26 man dynasty roster (mandatory 2 kickers and 2 defenses)

I traded pick 1.10 and Charles Sims

I received Chris Ivory and 2.8

my roster is higher up in the thread, I traded to the Muscle Hamster owner.

I am looking at trading pick 1.7 and 2.8 for Yeldon and Rivers... probably will happen.

I got great value on rivers and ivory... Yeldon sucks but is necessary.

About where would you rank Kelvin Benjamin ppr? Would you consider him a top 20 ppr Wr?

I wouldn't.

I just don't see the upside with Olson being the real superstar and Funchess looking better last year.

I expect Benjamin to be good for 70, 1000, 6 the next five years... good for a wr3, but no high end.

thanks to those who answered my Lockett vs Perriman Dynasty keeper question.

One more for you all, which I hope doesn't send Aaron off the deep end (hey, I tried to advice forum to no avail, so here we are):

Matt Jones or Ameer Abdullah? I can keep one of them w/out coughing up a draft pick.

Abdullah no longer has J. Bell competing with him. Just Riddick and Zenner. Matt Jones no longer has Alfred Morris up his arse either, just Thompson and a couple of guys I never heard of. Which one better for the next couple of years?

I liked Abdullah more than Jones coming out, but I think he's got more competition for touches than Jones does right now. That could change if Alf re-ups with WAS, but right now I'd take Jones.

• Like 1

situationally, they might end up being fairly even. Though Jones is the more talented back, imo.

looking at Dynast rankings on several sites, they are ranked about the same. Need to see where Morris winds up first.

In a vacuum, I'd take Abdullah nine times out of ten for dynasty personally. The only hindrance is with the fate of Alfred Morris, but that doesn't really factor in that much to me.

I feel like the cost to obtain Abdullah is still higher than it is for Jones. While that's subjective, it could allow you to capitalize on keeping Abdullah and moving him to another team for a better haul than Jones would net you.

• Like 1

looking at Dynast rankings on several sites, they are ranked about the same. Need to see where Morris winds up first.

Any chance you could trade 1 of them?

Any chance you could trade 1 of them?

sure, but I'll do that after I pick one. And I won't get much back since most teams have their players set already.

thanks to those who answered my Lockett vs Perriman Dynasty keeper question.

One more for you all, which I hope doesn't send Aaron off the deep end (hey, I tried to advice forum to no avail, so here we are):

Matt Jones or Ameer Abdullah? I can keep one of them w/out coughing up a draft pick.

Abdullah no longer has J. Bell competing with him. Just Riddick and Zenner. Matt Jones no longer has Alfred Morris up his arse either, just Thompson and a couple of guys I never heard of. Which one better for the next couple of years?

Abdullah only had J Bell competing with him because he couldnt hold onto the football.

If this kid can hang onto the ball, hes a nice player to have. If he keeps putting the ball on the ground, it wont matter how skilled he is, he will see a lot of bench time.

Hanging onto the football is this kids biggest challenge in the upcoming year. If he can learn to do that, life will be good for him. (and good for you if you own him)

26 man dynasty roster (mandatory 2 kickers and 2 defenses)

I traded pick 1.10 and Charles Sims

I received Chris Ivory and 2.8

my roster is higher up in the thread, I traded to the Muscle Hamster owner.

I am looking at trading pick 1.7 and 2.8 for Yeldon and Rivers... probably will happen.

I got great value on rivers and ivory... Yeldon sucks but is necessary.

Prefer Sims and the 1.10... by a lot... Why so down on Yeldon? Admittedly, I tend to favor the younger player but what makes Ivory so valuable? Was the overall goal to cuff him and Yeldon?

Shocked you could get Yeldon/Rivers for those picks.. a by-product of keeper/contract rules?

Ivory is on Jax now. So it makes complete sense to get Yeldon. Also great to send Sims to the Martin owner. Sims and 1.10 for Ivory and 2.09 only works if you get Yeldon though.

Ivory is on Jax now. So it makes complete sense to get Yeldon. Also great to send Sims to the Martin owner. Sims and 1.10 for Ivory and 2.09 only works if you get Yeldon though.

You're right - works out OK if both trades go through: Sims, 1.7, & 1.10 for Yeldon/Ivory, and Rivers. Some years I might have preferred the picks but not this year.

Still digesting the Ivory signing; good from an NFL stand point - not so much for fantasy.

You're right - works out OK if both trades go through: Sims, 1.7, & 1.10 for Yeldon/Ivory, and Rivers. Some years I might have preferred the picks but not this year.

Still digesting the Ivory signing; good from an NFL stand point - not so much for fantasy.

:shocking: Holy crap thats a lot for those three players.

:shocking: Holy crap thats a lot for those three players.

Two first round picks seems steep but how valuable are the 1.7 and 1.10 this year? I see a pretty high failure rate in rookie drafts, so getting the RB tandem looks like a win to me. Of course, the value of the pair could sink if it becomes full blown RBBC.

Two first round picks seems steep but how valuable are the 1.7 and 1.10 this year? I see a pretty high failure rate in rookie drafts, so getting the RB tandem looks like a win to me. Of course, the value of the pair could sink if it becomes full blown RBBC.

I always find use for rookie picks, but thats me. Maybe some people would rather have the tandem. I am not sold on Yeldon personally and tell anyone who has him to sell at his high point.

OK so here are a couple that went down in one of my leagues this past week:

12 team 0.5 PPR 32 man rosters no kickers or defense

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE (RB/WR/TE) flex (RB/WR/TE) flex (QB/RB/WR/TE) flex

First a minor trade:

Team A gets:

Kadeem Carey

2016 4.01

Team B gets:

2016 2.11

My thoughts: I dont exactly know what Team A's motivation is here, except that they seem to be collecting lottery ticket RB's/ I guess if you think Carey has a chance of beating out Langford forthe starters role in Chicago its a worthwhile gamble. Me i'd rather have the second round pick.

------------------------------

Team C gets

Larry Fitzgerald

2016 3.01

Team D gets

Theo Riddick

2016 4.03

Team C gets the better player and the better pick? I mean i know Larry Fitzgerald isnt a spring chicken, but this seems like a wild underpay to acquire Fitz. Yes Team D is thin at RB, but is Theo Riddick really going to make that much of a a difference?

-------------------------------------

And the blockbuster:

Team B (from above) gets

Cam Newton

Frank Gore

TY Hilton

Jordan Reed

2016 2.11

2017 2nd

Team E gets:

Ryan Tannehill

Jimmy Garrapolo

Mark Ingram

Demaryus Thomas

Julius Thomas

2017 1st

At first glance i hated this trade for the Cam owner. But after looking at it more closely, i guess he got a top 10 RB, and top 10 WR, a serviceable QB2 to pair with Drew Brees, and a startable TE plus he added a first round pick next year and a young QB in Garrapolo who might have some value for 4 games next season, and who knows when Tom Brady will hit the wall. So i dont exacly hate this trade, but i think i would have still kept Cam though.

And the blockbuster:

Team B (from above) gets

Cam Newton

Frank Gore

TY Hilton

Jordan Reed

2016 2.11

2017 2nd

Team E gets:

Ryan Tannehill

Jimmy Garrapolo

Mark Ingram

Demaryus Thomas

Julius Thomas

2017 1st

At first glance i hated this trade for the Cam owner. But after looking at it more closely, i guess he got a top 10 RB, and top 10 WR, a serviceable QB2 to pair with Drew Brees, and a startable TE plus he added a first round pick next year and a young QB in Garrapolo who might have some value for 4 games next season, and who knows when Tom Brady will hit the wall. So i dont exacly hate this trade, but i think i would have still kept Cam though.

Team E for me.

I ended up getting yeldon and rivers along with a 1st rounder in 2017 in exchange for mariotta, 1.7, 2.8 and a second rounder in 2017. I'm happy

So far in the offseason I have parted with the following:

mariotta

C. Sims

2nd rounder in 2017

and ended up with:

Keneen Allen

Ivory and Yeldon

Rivers

1st rounder in 2017

I call that solid hustling... And just because I don't particularily like Yeldon doesn't mean I won't pair him with Ivory...

• Like 1

I always find use for rookie picks, but thats me. Maybe some people would rather have the tandem. I am not sold on Yeldon personally and tell anyone who has him to sell at his high point.

I still have picks 1.1 and 1.4

I have looked this draft up and down, with the caveat of seeing where players end up it isn't pretty. I've sought to move picks for players and its worked so far... don't forget the 1st rounde in 2017 I picked up from a team that would be lucky to make the playoffs...

Also, I just another move:

Turbin and 3.12 for 3.7

talk about squeezing crap out of crap. I needed to drop someone for my trade to go through so I moved turbin to the gore owner... hustlin'

OK so here are a couple that went down in one of my leagues this past week:

12 team 0.5 PPR 32 man rosters no kickers or defense

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE (RB/WR/TE) flex (RB/WR/TE) flex (QB/RB/WR/TE) flex

First a minor trade:

Team A gets:

Kadeem Carey

2016 4.01

Team B gets:

2016 2.11

My thoughts: I dont exactly know what Team A's motivation is here, except that they seem to be collecting lottery ticket RB's/ I guess if you think Carey has a chance of beating out Langford forthe starters role in Chicago its a worthwhile gamble. Me i'd rather have the second round pick.

------------------------------

Team C gets

Larry Fitzgerald

2016 3.01

Team D gets

Theo Riddick

2016 4.03

Team C gets the better player and the better pick? I mean i know Larry Fitzgerald isnt a spring chicken, but this seems like a wild underpay to acquire Fitz. Yes Team D is thin at RB, but is Theo Riddick really going to make that much of a a difference?

-------------------------------------

And the blockbuster:

Team B (from above) gets

Cam Newton

Frank Gore

TY Hilton

Jordan Reed

2016 2.11

2017 2nd

Team E gets:

Ryan Tannehill

Jimmy Garrapolo

Mark Ingram

Demaryus Thomas

Julius Thomas

2017 1st

give me B,C, E

aka Before common era!

southcarolina - Your league sounds pretty interesting because of all your flex spots.

Sounds like their could be a big difference in owners rankings, and perceived value of players, depending on what owners like to do with their starting lineups.

Do you find after the top guys of course. That there's a big difference in opinions of value?

What are the majority of the flex spots used as. I'm guessing wr, wr and qb. I would think the best teams would have 3 really good qb's too.

Definitely an intriguing starting system. Really gives the owners flexibility (pardon the pun).

southcarolina - Your league sounds pretty interesting because of all your flex spots.

Sounds like their could be a big difference in owners rankings, and perceived value of players, depending on what owners like to do with their starting lineups.

Do you find after the top guys of course. That there's a big difference in opinions of value?

What are the majority of the flex spots used as. I'm guessing wr, wr and qb. I would think the best teams would have 3 really good qb's too.

Definitely an intriguing starting system. Really gives the owners flexibility (pardon the pun).

This is just my second year in the league.....i took over an existing team that was pretty bad. I didnt come to the league until close to the draft last year so i didnt get to see a lot of player swaps. There were a few during the draft, but not anything huge. But i think most leagues have owners who value players differently. If we didnt there would hardly ever be any trades.

QBs are like gold plated in platinum and encrusted with diamonds in this league. 51 QBs are rostered league wide. Its the kind of place where when a starting QB gets hurt, its a feeding frenzy at the auction block for his backup, if he isnt already rostered. Out of a $200 in season FAAB budget, Austin Davis went for $120 when McKown got hurt, , Landry Jones for $73 when Mike Vick got hurt . Hell the week after the first inkling of Tyrod Taylor getting a real shot at the starting gig in like early June last summer, it cost me $28 dollars to win him. Around that same time a few other owners dismissed those reports and bid Matt Cassell up to $45. Already this spring Tom Savage went for $12.

It isnt essential, but having 2 top QBs is a good idea.

1st:: Wilson/no one

2nd: Fitapatrick/Rodgers

3rd: Brady/Roethisberger

4th: Bortle/Dalton/A Smith ( won super bowl)

5th: Rivers/Carr

6th: Brees/Newton

teams 7 thru 9 have decent QBs, but are flawed in some other way.

12th: Mariota/no one

11th: Winston/Bradford/Gabbert (me!) :wave:

10th: Ryan/Luck/Hasselbeck

Its really still about overall roster building. The team with the best trio of WR (Julio, Marshall and AJ Green) came in 9th place mainly because thier two best RBs were Crowell and Bilal Powell. And the team that won the regular season title only started 1 QB all season. During the season while Tyrod was hurt, i traded him for a first round pick (that ended up being the 1.06) and Jamison Crowder. Last year i got Winston at 1.06, Mariota went at 1.05. But there were 4 legit top flight prospects in Cooper, Gurley, Gordon and White. This year unless something changes, i am considering taking a QB at 1.02, unless i can trade back a pick or two.

Dear FFT Forum

I am an owner in a 12 team 1PPR Dynasty League. One of my fellow owners sent me a note secretly this morning. I dont think any of the other owners know about it. In the note he offered me his third round draft pick, pick number 3.12 in the upcoming rookie draft. In exchange all i would have to do is give up my Martavis Bryant. I think the other owner may be trying to fvck me. I mean i like him and everything, and rookie picks are a big favorite of mine, but im not sure im ready to take our relationship to the next level. What should i do?

Signed

Confused in southcarolina

Dear FFT Forum

I am an owner in a 12 team 1PPR Dynasty League. One of my fellow owners sent me a note secretly this morning. I dont think any of the other owners know about it. In the note he offered me his third round draft pick, pick number 3.12 in the upcoming rookie draft. In exchange all i would have to do is give up my Martavis Bryant. I think the other owner may be trying to fvck me. I mean i like him and everything, and rookie picks are a big favorite of mine, but im not sure im ready to take our relationship to the next level. What should i do?

Signed

I wouldn't one bit if you can afford to keep Bryant stashed for another year. Just look at the hype that Josh Gordon has gotten this offseason and he's not even officially reinstated yet. Bryant's value a 10 1/2 months from now, barring another act of stupidity, is going to be worth sitting on him.

12 team 0.5 PPR

I just traded Chris Conley and 3.06 for CJ Anderson

I know Conley has the measurables to be a top flight WR, but i dont think he'll reach that potential as long as Alex Smith is his QB. Plus, i really needed another starting RB. (Forte, Latavius, Crowell, James White, Darkwa)

Dear FFT Forum

Signed

Terrible deal for you. That pick isn't worth a damn.

12 team 0.5 PPR

I just traded Chris Conley and 3.06 for CJ Anderson

I know Conley has the measurables to be a top flight WR, but i dont think he'll reach that potential as long as Alex Smith is his QB. Plus, i really needed another starting RB. (Forte, Latavius, Crowell, James White, Darkwa)

Great deal for you. Conley is a long shot and the pick is most likely garbage.

12 team 0.5 PPR with 1 Superflex spot

32 man roster no K or DST

Team is a massive rebuild that i took over just before last seasons draft.

Got an offer yesterday

I give Doug Baldwin

I get 2016 2.05

Im not a huge Baldwin believer, and im not really sure ho to value him, but this offer seems a little light. . What do you guys think?

Well it seems light, but you also arent getting a 1st for him most likely. My two options would be, offer him for a 1st next year, or wait until your rookie draft. If a guy you really like is there at 2.05 then you can make the deal.

In that same league from the post above Jeremy Maclin just got traded straight up for a 2017 1st. I don't see that team being any better than middle of the pack, so that pick should be in the 5-9 slot I would think.

In that same league from the post above Jeremy Maclin just got traded straight up for a 2017 1st. I don't see that team being any better than middle of the pack, so that pick should be in the 5-9 slot I would think.

I was offered an early 2016 2nd for Maclin. When i acquired him i paid 1.10 from 2015 i believe. He performed very well and should have another very good year lined up, but for some reason his value isnt very high. He is a guy who i would target as a cheaper asset.

12 team 0.5 PPR QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX/K/DEF

Im not involved.

Team A gets:

Thomas Rawls

Team B gets:

2017 1st

2017 3rd

I guess thats an ok deal, although im not sure i would want to give up a first rounder in next years draft, which will likely be loaded with RB prospects, for a RB this year.

12 team 0.5 PPR QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX/K/DEF

Im not involved.

Team A gets:

Thomas Rawls

Team B gets:

2017 1st

2017 3rd

I guess thats an ok deal, although im not sure i would want to give up a first rounder in next years draft, which will likely be loaded with RB prospects, for a RB this year.

I think I'd take Rawls TBH. Lynch is gone, and if he's healthy, I think it's a lock that he's the bell-cow for a pretty solid franchise.

Maybe I'm in minority (maybe??), but this overhyping of the 2017 first round picks is reaching a point of absurdity. We have ZERO clue whether any of those guys are going to break their leg next year, get drafted to a team like the Cardinals, etc. I don't know if I've ever seen a draft class get so much hype this far out. I'm almost half tempted to sell my 2017 1sts for as much as I can get this year.

I think I'd take Rawls TBH. Lynch is gone, and if he's healthy, I think it's a lock that he's the bell-cow for a pretty solid franchise.

Maybe I'm in minority (maybe??), but this overhyping of the 2017 first round picks is reaching a point of absurdity. We have ZERO clue whether any of those guys are going to break their leg next year, get drafted to a team like the Cardinals, etc. I don't know if I've ever seen a draft class get so much hype this far out. I'm almost half tempted to sell my 2017 1sts for as much as I can get this year.

I find we are thinking alike quite a bit lately. It seems like it started out as................"The 2016 class is a little on the weak side, could be a good idea to sell later 1sts for 2017 1sts since there are some nice talents scheduled to come out".

That was solid thinking IMO, though I could almost say the same thing many years, if you can afford it, sell your later 1sts in the hopes of landing a higher pick the following year........ the weak class is just icing. It then became sell any 2016 1st, save the 1.01/1.02, for 2017 1sts....................now it seems to be a gold rush for 2017 picks that includes proven players. Hit me up if you're that hot for the 2017 picks.

Rawls is an interesting case, he flashed about as much as one could hope and the potential situation is about as strong as one could hope (minus the questionable OL which hasn't seemed to stop he or Lynch previously from FF success). Early off-season there were some people paying a lot in trade for T.R., then it tailed off, now I think the guys who think they are smart are selling before the Hawks draft another RB potentially very high. Seattle IS going to have another RB, its what they do, no matter if they are 100% sold on Rawls or not............. and even if there was not an injury. The other RB (rookie or perhaps Foster?) will keep Rawls value in flux, until we see Rawls is the lead back but I doubt I'd trade him for a generic picks in a class a season out. That's a year from knowing exactly what the crop is like, a year of time value, and not knowing draft slot number. He'd have to be like my RB4 or something, and even then......