Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Ladarius Green Hype Train

I don't think it changes Roethlisberger's fantasy value much. He was going to have a great receiving group even if they patched together the TE position with say an Owen Daniels or Garrett Graham type. Signing Green would be like a cherry on top.

If Green can stay healthy for an entire season, he should be in the low-end TE1 discussion but he'll likely be overvalued as the Steelers feature their wideouts and running backs in the passing game.

Wow now this is some very interesting news , if Green does go to Pitt he could be a middle number one Te . Miller put up very good number at times when he could stay healthy . Like this move I hope it takes place .

Wow, was floored by this news. Hope to get him in uniform ASAP and cross this off the draft list for years to come.

They already had one of the most reliable TE in Miller and underused him. It will be no different with Laddy. Ben wants his Witten, not his Marty Bennett.

They already had one of the most reliable TE in Miller and underused him. It will be no different with Laddy. Ben wants his Witten, not his Marty Bennett.

Heath hasn't been the same for years.

The good thing about Green to Pittsburgh is that he's in essence a contingency plan as well.

Can Martavis Bryant keep himself out of trouble?

Was last season the last time we've seen relevancy out of DHB?

Markus Wheaton has had his ups and downs.

So...as nice as all those surrounding weapons look on paper, there's a better than slight chance that Green could develop into a number two target in that offense by sheer dumb luck.

Heath hasn't been the same for years.

Disagree, hes been the same guy his whole time there pretty much. I never saw him not catch well and he wasnt a speed guy so no step to lose.

The good thing about Green to Pittsburgh is that he's in essence a contingency plan as well.

So...as nice as all those surrounding weapons look on paper, there's a better than slight chance that Green could develop into a number two target in that offense by sheer dumb luck.

Lol thats awesome .

Too many mouths to feed in Pitt. I like the signing from a team need standpoint. But from a FF perspective, I think Laddy will be too hit and miss for what his likely ff draft position will be.

Pitt will be in the Superbowl by the way. Big Ben will smash a few NFL records along the way.

• Like 1

Too many mouths to feed in Pitt. I like the signing from a team need standpoint. But from a FF perspective, I think Laddy will be too hit and miss for what his likely ff draft position will be.

Pitt will be in the Superbowl by the way. Big Ben will smash a few NFL records along the way.

Wasn't he supposed to throw for over 5,000 yards this past season? If I do recall there was a thread somewhere on here that said he would...

I agree. Green's upside is certainly there in this offense and if the Steelers are hit by some injuries and/or suspensions at receiver, he is certainly talented enough to step into larger role. I just think fantasy owners will overvalue him. Looking forward to seeing some solid ADP numbers on him in a couple months!

Because of all that talent the Steelers have at Wr and Rb I'm going to over value Green a little. But Fleener with the Saints now that's going to be fun to watch .

Disagree, hes been the same guy his whole time there pretty much. I never saw him not catch well and he wasnt a speed guy so no step to lose.

OMG he was running like a statue or at best a rusty robot since he injured his knee. Even before that injury for a couple years his best move was catch and duck his head and run straight till someone took his knees out.

He is one of my all time favorites, but he has been on decline for a very long time.

He was money in the endzone and I think Green will be too.

There are a ton of mouths to feed, but I am talking real football not fantasy. You put Green on the field he demands 100% more attention than Heath has for the last 5 or so years. If you can't acknowledge you are just playing dumb.

Laddy is a good get for PIT. I'm not on the hype train though. He'll be a TD or bust type of option each week.

OMG he was running like a statue or at best a rusty robot since he injured his knee. Even before that injury for a couple years his best move was catch and duck his head and run straight till someone took his knees out.

He is one of my all time favorites, but he has been on decline for a very long time.

He was money in the endzone and I think Green will be too.

There are a ton of mouths to feed, but I am talking real football not fantasy. You put Green on the field he demands 100% more attention than Heath has for the last 5 or so years. If you can't acknowledge you are just playing dumb.

This wasnt a necesary part of your post, I never said anything to the contrary. I just said the offense may not favor Greens type and Ben may prefer the rezone reliable guys at TE more, regardless of Greens talents. Just like when people said Bennett was the new hotness and Witten was going to fade out.

Also Millers last 5 years were better than his previous 5 years.

Last 5 years:

yds 3336

rec 306

td 16
Previous 5yrs before that
yds 2774
rec 247
tds 23

So he had fewer tds wich are flukey anyway for a TE but many more yds and rec. Thats enough to at least prove that he hasnt "fallen off the last 5 years" as drastically as you imply.

I don't get the comparisons to Heath Miller.

Green and Miller are completely different players. Thus, the offense will have to change. Jesse James is the only other tight end on the roster as far as I know.

Too many people get caught up in the same debate: This player ran this offense this way so (insert new player's name) is a (insert adjective) fit for that system.

NFL offenses and defenses are fluid. They adjust (if they're good) to the personnel.

We have no clue how the Steelers offense is going to utilize Green, but Tomlin AND Kevin Colbert made the trip to go visit this guy in order to sign him. They clearly wanted him badly enough. That coupled with the questionable long-term prognosis on every other single pass catcher on that team not named Antonio Brown makes me feel like Green could finally be turned loose on opposing defenses and contribute in a big way to fantasy football.

Yes, that sounds like the same rhetoric that has accompanied Green his entire career. But the numbers clearly show that when he's been the primary tight end target, he's produced solid numbers. He finally gets that shot. I'm buying.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Posted he should be ranked in the middle of top tier of Te . Sad news about Bryant but it sure does help Greens stock already .

Wasn't he supposed to throw for over 5,000 yards this past season? If I do recall there was a thread somewhere on here that said he would...

I think the thread was suggesting he'd have a 6000 yard season actually.

I think the thread was suggesting he'd have a 6000 yard season actually.

I now expect another thread like that with even more conviction. Pending MB is not supended of course.

That train has sailed, though it's my opinion Pittsburgh doesn't make a habit of getting terribly burned in free agency.

• Like 1

That train has sailed, though it's my opinion Pittsburgh doesn't make a habit of getting terribly burned in free agency.

He might've gone from buy low to sell high in less than 10 days...

He might've gone from buy low to sell high in less than 10 days...

Nailed it. But, now with the suspension of Bryant, he may be huge in TD heavy leagues.