Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

The season discussion

Kinsler just finished me off when he knocked Carrasco out one batter into the game. Another 2nd place regular season followed by an injury shortened playoffs.

still sunday, dont give up. i've dealt with a ton of injuries this year

Bautista (aka my top pick) for 2 large stretches

Alex Cobb

Strasburg missed big time when came back for part of 1 game and now hes done

Boxmuncher

KK

Forsythe

im sure there are others im missing

still sunday, dont give up. i've dealt with a ton of injuries this year

Bautista (aka my top pick) for 2 large stretches

Alex Cobb

Strasburg missed big time when came back for part of 1 game and now hes done

Boxmuncher

KK

Forsythe

im sure there are others im missing

I don't really have a way of making up the categories I would need to. He was able to throw three starters today, my only one faced one batter.

youre tied 8-8 with homefield seeding advantage. you can easily take the following: holds, wins, homeruns....

7-8, but still closer than expected thanks to the double choke of Tillman and Gonzalez. RBI and wins are in play, HRs are a bit of a long shot with Indians offense vs Orioles offense. Holds are a problem because I really only have one player who has picked up a hold in the last few weeks. Orioles might be more competitive in the playoffs than my team is now that Salazar and Carrasco are both done for the year.

when i looked it was 8-8 but i guess he picked off another category. I didnt really look at your team and his team makeup when saying which categories were in reach I just saw you were 1 hold back which I know can easily swing to a draw. and 1 HR back which can easily swing to a draw or win. plus being tied in wins I assumed you had at least 1 SP going.

i think we reshuffle for round 2? If not then good luck. If we do then good luck but not TOO much luck :clap: since an orioles win would keep me from facing Boston

Do great all year then blow week 1 of playoffs. Should have figured.

i guess there was no re-seeding

really really stellar job by my pitching staff this week.

couple that with the fact that half my team isn't playing twice this week but boston seems to play every day and i've got no shot :doh:

Os picked a great time to absolutely tank. Thanks guys. :thumbsdown:

Os picked a great time to absolutely tank. Thanks guys. :thumbsdown:

Sorry bro, I feel kinda guilty, kinda.

Good luck Boston (not that you need it!), once again I'm playing you when the Sox are on a major roll, I'll do my best to be competitive :thumbsup:

I meant to comment on this last year, but maybe something we can look at for 2017: ending the season one week earlier. This is kind of like NFL week 17 right now as teams who have clinched rest their starters and teams who are out of the playoffs shut down anyone who is day-to-day. Just using the Indians as an example (in this case, it didn't matter as my team lost in the first round), they are already sitting five starters tonight with 6 games to play. Meanwhile the Dodgers and Red Sox are in the title game, but LA is already resting starters while Boston is still playing everyone to try for home field advantage. It just seems kind of lame for the championship game to potentially be decided by which team has clinched.

agreed on one hand but then again I think of a team like the Rays who havnt had anything to play for in a while and roll out whacky lineups and relievers in the 6th 7th 8th etc that didnt get much play early in the season and those owners have to deal with the opposite end of the clinched / out of it spectrum .... playing random guys just to get a look at them for 2017 etc..

Good luck Boston (not that you need it!), once again I'm playing you when the Sox are on a major roll, I'll do my best to be competitive :thumbsup:

Good luck to you as well. We shall see what happens. I agree with Zero that it sucks to play our league into the last couple of weeks of the regular season as teams are starting to rest players already which is certainly happening in your case. Either way, good luck this week.

Congrats boston

• Like 1

Congrats boston

Thanks WhiteWonder. It got a little scary in the middle of the week, Estimated Dodger gave me a run for my money. It seemed like Boston was going to sit a lot of starters for a few games this week but they didn't thankfully. It was interesting these last few weeks though. It was my pitching that really kept me going rather than the beginning of the year when my batting was carrying me. It was a great year for my team for sure. Thanks again everyone for such a fun and engaging fantasy baseball league. Hope to play again next year. Good luck to all of those rooting for a team in the playoffs. GO SOX!!!

I congratulated you over on the site, but here it is here, too: congrats bba! Good going. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bronze medal baby!

• Like 1