Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Interesting "Sound of Silence" cop video

If you've ever been curious about how a police officer's day goes, this is pretty accurate... Many sleepless nights that have nothing to do with being at work physically.

"Sound of Silence - Blue Version" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Mp03eKouOiY

I think this video humanizes us. That song really goes well with how I felt alot of the time. "Hello darkness my old friend". When the day was over. I'd sometimes come home, take off my gear and just sit there thinking about the dark sh!t I just dealt with.

I really think that stuff sticks with us. Probably why cops have a redic suicide rate. Also probably why every 3 or so months I get a few "dark days", of deep depression, anxiety, or anger.. for ZERO reason. I think it maybe just this sh!t coming out sideways.

Anyway...

• Like 1

No comment but watched :thumbsup:

eta: do have a comment...if mookz watches he will particularly :wub: the female cop (that literally came to mind, for some odd reason).

[black]

F the cops.

[/black]

No comment but watched :thumbsup:

eta: do have a comment...if mookz watches he will particularly :wub: the female cop (that literally came to mind, for some odd reason).

Yeah they picked a pretty one. "Yes officer... I've been bad... oh so bad." You know she and her man have played that game a time or two. :lol:

On some level, we know we're surrounded by evil and desperation, but we're largely insulated from it. I can't imagine coming face to face with it every day like you do.

Even in my carry classes I tell my students to be careful about what they say to police if they're ever involved in a shooting (self defense).

Sometimes it may come across as anti LEO; which I'm not.

I did a ride along a few months ago with a West St. Paul guy I know. He couldn't pick me up on time because he was at a suicide...about 4pm in the afternoon.

He made it over and we went back. I stood on the 'sideline' and watched this guys 8yo kid crying saying 'Daddy's gone'.

Then some relatives came screeching up and got out and were like "what's going on? What happened!?" to the GF of this guy.

It was total mayhem, and I just felt like "fock man. What a shitty thing to be a part of."

My guy was like "meh, it's not the first time I saw brains on the floor."

While I realize it's like anything; you get used to it, but yeah Mmmm....it does change who you are as a person.

You start to become desensitized. You'd have to, or you'd never be able to handle the job.

If you've ever been curious about how a police officer's day goes, this is pretty accurate... Many sleepless nights that have nothing to do with being at work physically.

"Sound of Silence - Blue Version" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Mp03eKouOiY

I think this video humanizes us. That song really goes well with how I felt alot of the time. "Hello darkness my old friend". When the day was over. I'd sometimes come home, take off my gear and just sit there thinking about the dark sh!t I just dealt with.

I really think that stuff sticks with us. Probably why cops have a redic suicide rate. Also probably why every 3 or so months I get a few "dark days", of deep depression, anxiety, or anger.. for ZERO reason. I think it maybe just this sh!t coming out sideways.

Anyway...

POWERFUL video bro.

I did not even like this new version of this song, until now.

Now, I really dig it, because it just seems so much more powerful after watching that song with that video. It has given it a special meaning, to me anyway.

EVERY TIME I here this song, I will think of YOU and the brave men and women who strap up each day like you do.

:cheers: